Login

Donations Button

More
07 Apr 2012 17:34 #1 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Donations Button
Thanks Zombie, please don't feel like you have to. I realize many people are not in a position where they can donate without it impacting their lives. I'm just glad you're here with us and contributing.

I have no plans to stop funding the site. So no worries at all!
I just am hoping to be able to build enough of a fund so we can start assisting some groups. After all, that's what we're really here for. Assisting groups to help make the experience better for all of us.

Its time we all take control of the paranormal research experience, and stop letting it be something strictly seen on TV. If we all work together we can easily meet and surpass the experience we see on TV. And start forging new pathways for future research.

I constantly get great ideas from people, I just want us to be in a position to start acting on more of them quicker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2012 03:46 #2 by Zombie_baby
Replied by Zombie_baby on topic Re: Donations Button
The next time i have extra money i will be definitely making a donation.
I too have come to understand this field alot more with the help of this site.
I've also made some friends and having the live investigations has made me more interested as I am finally making my steps to having my own Paranormal Investigation Group :D :D all with the help of you!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2012 02:02 #3 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Donations Button

crystalcross wrote: You my friend have donated much more than any money could. You've donated inspiration, aspiration, and have been part of the driving force that's kept me moving forward in the correct direction. You and many others on here have and continue to be the heart that keeps this site beating.

I don't know about the others Rob, but any small contribution I make here is because of what this site and your friendship means to me and my family. I consider it a gift to be involved with such an endeavor.

More
07 Apr 2012 01:34 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Donations Button
You my friend have donated much more than any money could. You've donated inspiration, aspiration, and have been part of the driving force that's kept me moving forward in the correct direction. You and many others on here have and continue to be the heart that keeps this site beating.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Apr 2012 01:18 - 07 Apr 2012 01:19 #5 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Donations Button

crystalcross wrote: Some of you may have noticed the addition of the little "Donate" button on the left of some of our pages. You may wonder why we've added this. Some of you who are on twitter saw our note the other night asking for those who can to make a small donation of $2 or more. Why? Well for several reasons, and let me first state this... This is not a fee, nothing required. What we do here is a service to all, and there is no payment required. So do not in any way feel obliged, obligated, or in any way pushed to help. That is not the intent, and I would hope is not the reason that you help out if you do.

What we're trying to do is build a fund, from one time or recurring donations. This fund will go towards several things. First and foremost it will go towards the upkeep of the site. There are considerable expenses to running a site like this until such time that it cam become commercial and self-sustaining from ad supported content. The cost is upwards of several hundred dollars per month. Initially this expense was integrated into the hosting environment which the parent company (MPC Systems) owns, but as the site grows its eating more and more resources thus eating a significant percentage of the resource. And with any luck that amount will continue to grow exponentially. So it would be nice to have some percentage of that subsidized by donations.

Furthermore, we would like to add some additional dedicated servers to handle the load for bigger and faster live investigations, and many more future features and feeds.

But finally we are hoping to be able to use some of the donations to build a fund to use towards helping those groups and agencies who are performing the live investigations. The potential for having remove cameras, wireless gear, mobile equipment, and FLIR devices is limitless. And we would like to be able to assist groups who wish to join in the live investigation process. Given enough donations, we may be in a position to make that happen.

We currently have 25,000 twitter followers, only half of those would donate $2, we would be in a great position to bring this site and our members into a new era of investigations.

The wife and I believe in what you're doing CC and it makes our donation even more meaningful because we've sat across the table from you and have come to know you as a good friend.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2012 01:19 by Steven Matrix.

More
07 Apr 2012 00:52 #6 by crystalcross
Some of you may have noticed the addition of the little "Donate" button on the left of some of our pages. You may wonder why we've added this. Some of you who are on twitter saw our note the other night asking for those who can to make a small donation of $2 or more. Why? Well for several reasons, and let me first state this... This is not a fee, nothing required. What we do here is a service to all, and there is no payment required. So do not in any way feel obliged, obligated, or in any way pushed to help. That is not the intent, and I would hope is not the reason that you help out if you do.

What we're trying to do is build a fund, from one time or recurring donations. This fund will go towards several things. First and foremost it will go towards the upkeep of the site. There are considerable expenses to running a site like this until such time that it cam become commercial and self-sustaining from ad supported content. The cost is upwards of several hundred dollars per month. Initially this expense was integrated into the hosting environment which the parent company (MPC Systems) owns, but as the site grows its eating more and more resources thus eating a significant percentage of the resource. And with any luck that amount will continue to grow exponentially. So it would be nice to have some percentage of that subsidized by donations.

Furthermore, we would like to add some additional dedicated servers to handle the load for bigger and faster live investigations, and many more future features and feeds.

But finally we are hoping to be able to use some of the donations to build a fund to use towards helping those groups and agencies who are performing the live investigations. The potential for having remove cameras, wireless gear, mobile equipment, and FLIR devices is limitless. And we would like to be able to assist groups who wish to join in the live investigation process. Given enough donations, we may be in a position to make that happen.

We currently have 25,000 twitter followers, only half of those would donate $2, we would be in a great position to bring this site and our members into a new era of investigations.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds

Features