Login

Videos

my nephew seeing ghosts?

More
30 Apr 2011 05:04 #1 by nikki_npi
Has he "seen" anyone since coming home from vacation?
Did he supposedly see this "wolf-man" around the time of sleep / naps / when really tired?

When your child says he is scared of something that might be a spirit, never enter into that negative state. Right away let him know that he is not to be scared. Bring as much positivity to the situation as you can, and since he is so young, you can probably distract him from it right away. Playing into anyone's negativity will only breed negativity and then..anything can happen.

If he has not seen this "wolf-man" or scary person since being home from vacation, I wouldn't worry about it, but I would probably advise against going there for vacation again. I would avoid asking him about it too unless he sees him again.

Maybe ask him if he sees anything else?
Also, because children are so impressionable....he could be just using an active imagination. Maybe he had a bad dream, and its manifesting in his waking mind, into the best way he knows how to describe.

Good luck, and keep it positive when around him!
~Nikki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2011 04:32 #2 by bulldogmom22
Hope all works out, I have done all that I have suggested and it does work. Good luck.

More
30 Apr 2011 04:12 #3 by sixsense
Let us know how it goes. But it sounds to me now that he might be seeing something/someone. Kids see the spirits just lke they would see people.

More
30 Apr 2011 04:09 #4 by mandarose
I did let him know that we can tell the bad thing to go away, I also let him know that its okay to tell his auntie if something/someone is there and if they talk.

The look on his face is what really got me, the way he was looking in that corner telling me there was someone over there... I just dont see where he would learn anything about ghosts and such from anywhere, we certainlly dont tell him those things as a family. Plus his first "experience" was when he was only 1 and barely had a vocabulary but somehow knew to say ghost & man.

I am going to try and get him distracted and ask him about this "bad wolf man". He is only 2 and wouldnt be able to do things like draw the thing.

More
30 Apr 2011 03:23 #5 by bulldogmom22
Also if this is really scaring him, let him know that he can tell the bad man to leave him alone, most kids are scared because they do not feel they have any control if they see a spirit

More
30 Apr 2011 03:15 #6 by bulldogmom22
IMO, I would not question him right away. I would get him playing, side tracked, and ask questions then. Also at that time I would let him know that even if the "monster" may look scarey but may just be a normal person and to let adults know if this person tells him anything. I was usually able to get info out of my son when we were in the car since he didn't have to look at me or me at him.

Even if this is a pretend monster, he is doing it for a reason and normally if the kid is out of the area and busy doing something else, he is more likely to tell you details if asked.

More
30 Apr 2011 01:15 #7 by everex5
Start with the drawings. I would also recommend a psychic to help talk/read the boy. At 2, it is overloading to try and explain or groom a young child's mind but closing it from being sensitive is also a bad idea. Proceed with an open mind and caution.

More
30 Apr 2011 00:39 #8 by crystalcross
I think what we're all trying to say is that, granted there is a possibility something has attached itself to him. But lets get some facts, and do a bit of research before we jump to any conclusions. Sometimes the damage done by fear and speculation can be far worse than by anything paranormal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixsense

More
30 Apr 2011 00:30 #9 by undertaker1
Is he around older kids that might say stuff when they aren't around the adults.

More
30 Apr 2011 00:25 #10 by sixsense
I agree with crystalcross, I think the first step should be is to find out if smeone is talking about ghost and monsters in front of him. He could be imitating what he is hearing. At 2 most kids are little parrots.
Let us know what you find out...

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features