Login

Ossuaries ( Buildings decorated with Human Bones)

More
20 Mar 2012 21:26 #1 by LilaDelia1974
About this I have never heard or seen about. This may be because I live in a country that does not have such things. I wonder that the people who are dead knew they were exhibited this way. I also do not really like to visits this, because I think there is must activity there. But thanks for the information. It is very interesting! I'm so glad I've found this Forum and the people!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2012 16:26 #2 by Peek-A-Boo
funny that I had no reaction when I saw this but when we went to the catacombs I heard and felt so many strange things. We were told the Holy people were entombed there, HA!!!! The feeling was horrible & turmoil, not nice people. The only holy part was "holy shit" outta my mouth :-)

More
20 Mar 2012 04:47 #3 by Zombie_baby
I've heard about these. Never been to one but it really boosts my curiousity. I'd definitly go to one.

More
19 Mar 2012 21:35 - 19 Mar 2012 22:35 #4 by Peek-A-Boo
Buildings Where the Walls are Lined with Human Bones

Many of the ornate and elaborate ossuaries around the world serve as grim reminders of mortality, and evoke an eerie sense that their skeletal walls could suddenly spring to life.

While many of these ossuaries are attached to churches, the reason they were constructed is often practical: where there wasn't enough space for a graveyard (or when an existing graveyard was needed for other purposes), the cleaned bones were instead interred inside buildings and catacombs.

Anyone ever visit any of these places? I was at one in Hallstatt, Austria

Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 22:35 by Peek-A-Boo.

Time to create page: 0.413 seconds

Features