Login

Videos

St. Patricks Day Myth and Lore Collection

More
18 Mar 2012 15:31 #1 by Peek-A-Boo

kirlybab wrote: My Sister-in-law kept saying that you can see the "wee people" if there was snow on the ground, but they were harder to spot if there wasn't. She said they only show themselves on St. Patrick's Day.

that's why kids are told not to eat the yellow snow, people wee on it :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2012 14:17 #2 by kirlybab
My Sister-in-law kept saying that you can see the "wee people" if there was snow on the ground, but they were harder to spot if there wasn't. She said they only show themselves on St. Patrick's Day.

More
17 Mar 2012 23:08 #3 by Peek-A-Boo

amoonwolfe wrote: so THAT'S how they make Lucky Charms.....no wonder I never liked 'em,!

Yup, that's the secret recipe LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: amoonwolfe

More
17 Mar 2012 22:57 #4 by amoonwolfe
so THAT'S how they make Lucky Charms.....no wonder I never liked 'em,!

More
17 Mar 2012 01:45 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys

More
17 Mar 2012 01:32 - 17 Mar 2012 02:20 #6 by Peek-A-Boo
here goes my scary story: worked in NYC and every year on St. Patty's Day the streets and sidewalks had this gross, chunky, slimmy, smelly stuff on it. Sure made me run away from it :ohmy:

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2012 02:20 by Peek-A-Boo.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Mar 2012 01:29 #7 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: St. Patricks Day Myth and Lore Collection

crystalcross wrote:

St. Patrick's Day

In honor of St. Patrick's day, I want to use this thread to start a nice little collection of Irish Folk Lore, Mythology, and Legends. Do you have a streak of Irish in you? Have you carried with you the myths, lore and legends of the Irish countryside? Well here's your chance to post them. Please feel free to post what you know, and also feel free to comment on what other's post and add to it. I'd like to get a nice little collection here. Please do not copy and paste from a source such as Wikipedia. Lets just keep this based on personal knowledge, or knowledge of a friend.

Lets hear what ya got!

I got nothing but this green writing, sorry.

More
17 Mar 2012 01:19 - 17 Mar 2012 01:20 #8 by crystalcross
St. Patrick's Day

In honor of St. Patrick's day, I want to use this thread to start a nice little collection of Irish Folk Lore, Mythology, and Legends. Do you have a streak of Irish in you? Have you carried with you the myths, lore and legends of the Irish countryside? Well here's your chance to post them. Please feel free to post what you know, and also feel free to comment on what other's post and add to it. I'd like to get a nice little collection here. Please do not copy and paste from a source such as Wikipedia. Lets just keep this based on personal knowledge, or knowledge of a friend.

Lets hear what ya got!
Last edit: 17 Mar 2012 01:20 by crystalcross.

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds

Features