Login

Videos

photograghing spirit with infrared problem

More
13 Mar 2012 04:21 #1 by crystalcross
I'll make sure to make plans for a trip to Baltimore, would love to witness this first hand. And it may give me some insight as to what it will take to photograph it. From what you describe you may actually want to use more than one camera.

A few tips I would have other than the tripod, is do not use a light source on the camera itself. If there is any mist it will simply reflect off the mist and create a white curtain. That's what #3 image looks like. Its the same effect you get when you turn on your high beams in the fog, it just gives you total white-out. That's why fog lights are yellow and point downward.

And I can fully understand the lap-rat thing. Can't blame you there, I'm actually more interested in figuring out how to record it rather than what causes it. I've seen enough to know that in dealing with the paranormal, we're very far away from figuring out "How it works". At the moment I'm more at the stage of wanting to prove that its working in the first place.

I do not have any sensitive abilities personally, so to me its all very fascinating and amazing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• norman glasser
  • norman glasser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2012 03:21 #2 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: photograghing spirit with infrared problem

crystalcross wrote: Now the blue mist really has me intrigued. Wish you lived closer, I would certainly love to be present during these. It certainly fires up the scientific curiosity in me while at the same time sparking that quest for the unknown in the paranormal background.

Is the blue mist radiant, or simply reflective? In other words in a total lights out situation can you see the mist radiating energy? Or does it simply reflect blue light. A blue tint would indicate low frequency absorption, and high frequency reflectivity. In which case I would have thought that the IR would still yield a picture. If the camera you are using is full spectrum I would be interested to see a full color image with true white light source.

What I would really love to try is to take a Schlieren Photograph of one of your events. Schieren photography is a practice of using multiple photographic paths and manipulating the light in such a way that it allows you to see the air turbulence patterns.

This is an example of someone coughing in a Schlieren photograph. It would be interesting to see how that mist forms and the turbulence patterns it creates.

you would have to witness this for yourself sometimes the whole room will fill with blue lights it depends on the spirits that come in the ancient spirits are the strongest. the closest example I could give you would be a hot tub outside in the winter when first get out the steam off your body. this so much deeper then you can grasp I have had some impeccable people over the years that have witness this event.I don't think you will find it to be physical logical in nature. I have had several professors from john Hopkins university witness this and wanted to do studies but I'm not a lab rat. this fathers day I will be in Baltimore if you would like to come I will invite you and you can talk to the professors they always come. and who knows you might be surprised who else is there. I just want to photograph

More
13 Mar 2012 02:15 #3 by crystalcross
Now the blue mist really has me intrigued. Wish you lived closer, I would certainly love to be present during these. It certainly fires up the scientific curiosity in me while at the same time sparking that quest for the unknown in the paranormal background.

Is the blue mist radiant, or simply reflective? In other words in a total lights out situation can you see the mist radiating energy? Or does it simply reflect blue light. A blue tint would indicate low frequency absorption, and high frequency reflectivity. In which case I would have thought that the IR would still yield a picture. If the camera you are using is full spectrum I would be interested to see a full color image with true white light source.

What I would really love to try is to take a Schlieren Photograph of one of your events. Schieren photography is a practice of using multiple photographic paths and manipulating the light in such a way that it allows you to see the air turbulence patterns.

This is an example of someone coughing in a Schlieren photograph. It would be interesting to see how that mist forms and the turbulence patterns it creates.
Attachments:

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Mar 2012 01:58 #4 by norman glasser
Replied by norman glasser on topic Re: photograghing spirit with infrared problem

crystalcross wrote: Norman,

Suggestion, do you have a tripod you can mount the camera to? And perhaps set it to automatically snap an image every few seconds. I can tell from the 2nd in the sequence that the camera was moving a bit. There's a good deal of motion blur going even on the backdrop. I think a tripod would prevent that.

I am trying to solve pic. 3 picture 2 was the beginning only a few seconds had passed the other digital cameras was clear until spirit came over if you could witness the blue haze that comes over me you would understand sorry this is new ground in the paranormal.conventional ways are not functioning .If I can solve this I'm sure that it will open new doors in taking ghost pictures.

More
13 Mar 2012 00:16 #5 by crystalcross
Norman,

Suggestion, do you have a tripod you can mount the camera to? And perhaps set it to automatically snap an image every few seconds. I can tell from the 2nd in the sequence that the camera was moving a bit. There's a good deal of motion blur going even on the backdrop. I think a tripod would prevent that.

More
12 Mar 2012 21:51 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Anyone have experience taking photos in UV versus infrared? Do you/would you think it makes a difference?

• norman glasser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Mar 2012 17:04 - 12 Mar 2012 17:40 #7 by norman glasser
photograghing spirit with infrared problem was created by norman glasser
the three photos was taken sunday 1st was calling in spirit 2nd spirit coming threw 3rd spirit over me . this is my fourth attempt to photo with infrared camera. We used a regular digital camera all we got was massive amount of orbs and there is no way that I would put those on here. so can anyone tell me what is either happening or how I can improve so that I can show the spirits they are so plain to see with the eye there was 28 people who was present sunday that saw over 12 spirits that came threw .

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Mar 2012 17:40 by crystalcross.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds

Features