Login

Videos

Paranormal 101 - Equipment

More
07 Jan 2012 16:27 #1 by kirlybab
I am hoping to get a Digital Voice Recorder for my Birthday either for myself or from someone. Being a writer too, I might get one to record random thoughts about something I'm writing from someone. To most of my friends and family, ghost hunting is for those who find it interesting to watch "professionsla" do on TV.

After that, I plan on saving for a Canera to shoot pictures, then a video recorder.

Thanks to this site, I also know now where I can get an EMF detector. i would l iek to get one of those as well as I believe I am sensitive to high levels.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WBK Paranormal
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2012 16:22 #2 by WBK Paranormal
Replied by WBK Paranormal on topic Re: Paranormal 101 - Equipment
Definitely agree that you should at least have some sort of voice and video recorder with you when going into an investigation.

We shop @ ghoststop.com a lot. They seem to have pretty competitive prices and are very easy to work with.

We use a Mel Meter EMF/Temp gage, digital thermometer, K2 EMF detectors, full spectrum HD video recorder w/FS light, IR video recorder & several digital voice recorders including a Spirit Box. I am sure I have forgotten some things but we just purchased an 8 channel IR DVR system that we will be trying out tonight in an investigation.

@ crystalcross – I am not familiar with the “IR tiny keychain camera”. Where did you get it? I am VERY intrigued. I feel like I am moving out every time we go on an investigation, so any equipment reduction is a huge plus!!! lol

More
06 Jan 2012 15:29 #3 by kirlybab
Replied by kirlybab on topic Paranormal 101 - Equipment
I always wondered where I could get a EMF meter. I bleieve I am sensitive to these fields.

More
03 Nov 2011 03:46 #4 by Paranormal Researcher
Thank you for the helpful information. I am looking forward on reading more at a later time when you have more information available.

More
17 Oct 2011 19:49 #5 by crystalcross
Not familiar with the Vivitar DVR, but it sounds like its more than enough to get the job done.
I am VERY familiar with the Olympus VN8100PC recorder which is sold at Walmart or Radio Shack though.
2GB, excellent little unit. Allows multiple formats for recording, multiple compression schemes. Has enough storage to hold many hours even at the highest quality. Also allows either internal microphone, or external stereo microphone so you can use the two channels to record different things at the same time. Great unit. We have several of them.

Also have the Ghost Meter, its not digital but it gives you an indication of whats going on. For more I use a magnetic evp recorder.

More
17 Oct 2011 15:27 #6 by CMSI
Replied by CMSI on topic Paranormal 101 - Equipment
We use a Vivitar DVR Night Vision camera. It may not be too great outside, but it does quite well inside. And it was only $80. We also use an Olympus digital voice recorder from Walmart. It was around $40, I believe. We have the Ghost Meter EMF meter, $25. We have a K-II on the way that will be here in a couple days. It was $60. But, all in all, I think the best piece of equipment is always your body. You have to listen to it every second of every investigation and KNOW what it's telling you.

-Wil Bane, CMSI Founder/Investigator/Evidence
Review.

More
17 Oct 2011 15:16 #7 by crystalcross
I am right there with you! I have at least one or more of my InfraRed tiny keychain cameras with me at all times. You never know when an investigation opportunity presents itself, and they're not always planned. I also carry a voice recorder with me, and can use my cell phone as a backup as well as a backup EMF recorder.

Some investigations are planned and can bring great results, but others just happen. Many would think that most locations with paranormal activity are known and reported. But most people would never think twice if they encounter a cold spot, or if they just get a strange feeling when entering a room. Most would simply shrug it off and be on their merry way. You can find activity in the most unexpected locations.

More
17 Oct 2011 14:33 #8 by LadyJ2011
Very interesting and informative information. I have several cameras that have "no light or low light " abilities..I take my camera with me every where I go it seems..AHH the perpetual traveler/tourist. lol..but overall..makes it the obvious point for me to start - to learn from others.thanks so much !

More
06 Jul 2011 03:01 #9 by romeosarabella
Love the evp app on my android thanks for the tip! Also, learned you have to watch your own heavy breathing on it lol....thought I had my first recording but what I had was my first screw up and scared myself! We plan to investigate the bar I work in....its pretty active and frankly gives me the willies when I'm there alone! Now just need courage in a can....is there an app for that? :-)

More
30 Apr 2011 19:59 #10 by irisheyes1223
Still to this day I always hunt with a voice recorder(both digital and tape) and a camera. Those are the 2 things I never leave home without. In fact when people ask me what should I get first I always recommand a voice record for evps. You are more likely to hear spirits before u see them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Features