Login

Videos

× Polls are enabled in this Category. What does that mean to you? It means that when you create a new topic here, you can click the little icon with the multi-colored bar graph lines. This will allow you to enter your poll questions.

Ghosts & Gravity

More
12 Jun 2012 18:04 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Yes, I have seen that show! Very interesting experiment but I would think hard to do on a wider scale since it involves basically getting terminally ill people to be willing to die on a scale in the name of science. BUT nonetheless, you bring up a good point that the very inner workings of atomic anatomy are mostly speculated and are not well known. It is very possible that the soul is made of some type of particle we haven't discovered or don't understand as of yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2012 17:02 #2 by jmb12177
Replied by jmb12177 on topic Ghosts & Gravity
I think that spirits are bound by gravity, but not to the extent that they were when they had a body, loss of mass means loss of gravitational pull.

Let's look at this a lil deeper, everything is made out of something, light, energy, and matter is all composed of particles of one kind or another. Light for example, it seems to not be effected by gravity at all, but that is wrong, just the gravity we know is too weak to make any noticeable changes to the path of light. A star being consumed by the insane strength of a black hole bends light and pulls it in as well, for even light can not escape.

But then there is the question of if a spirit is made up of some kind of particles, how can it pass through objects, light can not.

About 6 months ago, some scientists, sent a message from one computer to another containing on one word "test" using neutrinos, which is a sub atomic particles. The real interesting part of this is it was sent underground through 100 yards of concrete.

With knowing this, and knowing that there are still particles that have yet to be identified, I find it very possible that our spirit has mass, and maybe some day, will be able to seen more easily.

Food for thought, has anyone here ever seen the show called "dark matters, twisted but true". To make a long story short, since this is already to long as it is. A guy figures out a way to weigh the human body on death, any thing that the body may loose (fluids, etc) is kept on the custom scale, but yet, every time a person died on the scale, the body always lost some weight, even as lil as 3/4 ounce, it always lost weight, he believed he proved the soul has mass. But no one ever followed up on it. True story, if any one is interested, ill provide a link so you can see it for your self.

Sorry for my long rant.

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk

More
09 Jun 2012 22:39 #3 by kirlybab
Replied by kirlybab on topic Re: Ghosts & Gravity

not until they learn to ignore all they knew in life, can they gain the power or knowledge to walk through walls, or traverse levels of a building. Remember often times spirits are not even aware they're dead yet.

I totally agree. You mentioned the movie "ghost". I agree that it was a very acurate representation.

I compare it to a witch such as myself first learning their abilities here in this realm. You have to suspend any doubts that you are not gifted before you can perform any magick. You are bound to your beliefs about your own reality. Until you can suspend those beliefs, you will not be able to do anything outside of that.

Why should it be any different after death?

More
09 Jun 2012 12:59 #4 by crystalcross
Last night MCPRS questioned on twitter:
MCPRS ‏@mcparanormalrs
Here is another one for everyone: Do you think spirits are bound by gravity?,

What an awesome question. And since the answer is bigger than a tiny tweet I figured I would answer it here in my opinion. So others can chime in as well.

I think in physical terms the short answer is "No". Ghosts are non-physical representations, energies, and so they are not bound by the force of gravity. However, any physical mass they form, would then be bound by the force of gravity. Ergo, in the belief of ectoplasmic formations, I would think that the ectoplasm once formed is then bound by the same laws of gravity which binds the rest of us. Same with mist, vapors, or other physical manifestations created by a spiritual being. Once crossed into the physical, then gravity would take hold.

Now, having said that I will also go on to add that I believe that perception and recollection rules in these cases. If a spirit lived its life with the laws of gravity binding it, it will not suddenly lose that perception in death. It will remain "glued" to the ground and bound by the same perception of gravity as it was in life. And not until it learns otherwise can it break those bounds.

I relate it a little to how the movie "Ghost" represented a new spirit. He was very clumsy. Didn't know how to walk, was afraid to walk through walls because he believed they were real so to him they were.

Spirits stay on one floor of a highrise because they remember the laws of gravity and the solidity of objects that hold them up. And not until they learn to ignore all they knew in life, can they gain the power or knowledge to walk through walls, or traverse levels of a building. Remember often times spirits are not even aware they're dead yet.

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds

Features