Login

× Polls are enabled in this Category. What does that mean to you? It means that when you create a new topic here, you can click the little icon with the multi-colored bar graph lines. This will allow you to enter your poll questions.

New Paranormal Poll

More
14 Apr 2012 02:22 #1 by zeptember
Replied by zeptember on topic Re: New Paranormal Poll
I voted 50/50 I was listening to a radio show last night and this man the guest is an investigator and talked about shows of ghost hauntings and how they add sound effects and if they can't get evidence that they add it, I was like *wow* really, Reality show's I don't know what is true or what is fake, he mentioned the name but I wont say..and he also added that they are selling there merchandise just to make a buck and when things don't work they leave, it was very interesting, but I really would have to be there to be sure that they caught something, like a live one with here with no editing I like to watch cause we see real things happen at that time, not like reality where they can edit, maybe I'm wrong but that is how I'm looking at it..but I do find the haunting show's interesting to watch...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2012 02:10 #2 by crystalcross
Before anyone else votes (And mind you you can change your vote) I want to make sure we all understand the meaning.

Remember the voting is for WHO HAS THE BURDEN OF PROOF, not who is more correct.

So voting 100% Evidence, means that you believe that the evidence has the burden of proving that it is real. And the Skeptic basically simply can poke holes into that proof.

Voting 100% Skeptic, means that you believe that the skepit has the burden of proving that evidence is NOT real. And that all evidence should be assumed to be real and of paranormal nature. And that the skeptic must proove that its not.

More
14 Apr 2012 00:59 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
The voting seems pretty even so far.

I voted 75% toward skeptic. I think we have to look at everything with a skeptical eye and fish out the really great stuff. We do tend to have lots of great pictures and EVPs on Ghosts N Haunts, but I have seen other places that say, live and die by their orb pics (lets not get started on that one). Some just want to believe everything is paranormal. Thankfully we have a talented crew here that is good at picking out the bugs, hairs, moths, etc from the truly good documentation.

More
14 Apr 2012 00:37 #4 by crystalcross
So, some of you may have noticed we have a new paranormal poll on the front page. Lately I've seen a great deal of discussion about burden of proof. That actually is a great topic, and I'd like to make that the subject of our newest Paranormal Poll.

So please, lets hear your opinion, vote on the front page of Ghosts & HAunts site. Let your opinion be known whether you think the burden of proof should be on the provider of the evidence, or on the skeptic. Or should it be a 50/50 burden.

Scientific method would dictate that the burden of proof falls on the person providing the postulate or in this case the evidence. But that's just the scientific way, and doesn't mean that's the only way.

So, lets hear your opinions. Once you vote feel free to come back to this thread and discuss your choices. Obviously a simple multiple choice question isn't really good for elaborating on your thoughts. So you can do that here.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Features