Login

Videos

× Tutorial Requests

P-SB7 Modification Help

More
24 Apr 2012 00:45 #1 by bergenparanormal
It's funny you mention that, because after too much time looking for the tutorial, I realized there is nothing!

I will be making a video and a step by step picture tutorial.

+ Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2012 00:16 #2 by crystalcross
One thing I would ask is that if you decide to do any conversions, mods, builds, etc. Take a few minutes to set up a video camera. It could serve to make a great tutorial for the next person. And also it could help you if you need to go back to see what you did or to back track if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iburyem

More
22 Apr 2012 22:51 #3 by bergenparanormal
@ CC,

It was a Casio Exifilm. It was about $100 retail. It wasn't my best camera, but definitely my most portable and convenient. The same exact day I broke it, I got a random phone call from fiance's father offering me his Sony Mavica for free. The loss wasn't long lived, but it stung for a few hours.

I would try again, because the practice will only help. As for technical stuff, I'm in the process of building like 20 EM Pumps right now. This should be interesting.. :unsure:

More
22 Apr 2012 21:39 #4 by crystalcross

bergenparanormal wrote: .... After a bad experience trying to convert a camera to full IR, I have decided not to tinker with crap I don't have spares of...

What camera were you attempting to convert? Just curious because I've done several of those as well. Some go easy, some just plain don't go...

Expensive cameras, I would certainly recommend taking it to a store that specializes in conversions. Its well worth the money. If I had a D7000 or D80000 I would certainly take it in to have something like that converted. Where as a cheap old $30-$40 auto camera, I may try to mangle myself.

It think it basically boils down to the old risk -vs- reward question.

More
22 Apr 2012 20:16 #5 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: P-SB7 Modification Help
I agree, I would be afraid to damage one... and once you alter it it voids out the 3 year warranty.. but then again.. if you bought a radio shack radio and changed it.. it wouldn't be warrantied as well.

More
22 Apr 2012 15:20 #6 by bergenparanormal
I believe I saw his tutorial video on You Tube. I was debating doing that, but I started to build it and kind of felt clumsy holding it. I figure, considering we have two now we can take a chance with one. After a bad experience trying to convert a camera to full IR, I have decided not to tinker with crap I don't have spares of. :(

More
21 Apr 2012 23:50 #7 by iburyem
Replied by iburyem on topic Re: P-SB7 Modification Help
I've heard of people doing that as well, I personally decided not to do that incase I chose to sell it when a new toy comes out.

I have a friend in the UK who has had favorable results by putting his in a small cardboard box with a small opening to allow the sound out and lining the outside of the box with foil, to block frequencies of radio stations.

More
21 Apr 2012 21:11 - 21 Apr 2012 21:11 #8 by bergenparanormal
Hey, I have a new P-SB7 coming in this week, and I wanted to try removing the antenna components on my old one. I have seen people do this, both on television and in person and it seems to yield much better results.

Has anyone does this, and if so, is it as simple as just removing the antenna?

Thanks,
Michael
Last edit: 21 Apr 2012 21:11 by bergenparanormal. Reason: Grammar

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds

Features