Login

Videos

re: Haunted Collector on SyFy

More
28 Sep 2011 04:39 #1 by Zombie_baby
I found the show to bit a little on the boring side. I mean ya it was sometimes wondering about stuff but hey! things of the unexplained always keep you guessing... or we wouldn't be on this site lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2011 04:16 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys

crystalcross wrote: Actually I must say I don't know the gentleman from Haunted Collector, and I've only watched the show one time. Not my bowl of wax.

But I will say this, there is most definitely something to objects that can hold dark energies. Just recently I was at an investigation with at least one object thought to be the source of some negative energy causing some activity in a house.

Although our solution was not to take the object off their hands but simply to alert the owner, and give them the choice to temporary place the object into a more distant location to see if the paranormal activity is reduced. And if it is, they can then permanently remove the object in a way they see fit.

Not to steer the convo in another direction but CC, what was the object?

More
28 Sep 2011 00:48 #3 by crystalcross
Actually I must say I don't know the gentleman from Haunted Collector, and I've only watched the show one time. Not my bowl of wax.

But I will say this, there is most definitely something to objects that can hold dark energies. Just recently I was at an investigation with at least one object thought to be the source of some negative energy causing some activity in a house.

Although our solution was not to take the object off their hands but simply to alert the owner, and give them the choice to temporary place the object into a more distant location to see if the paranormal activity is reduced. And if it is, they can then permanently remove the object in a way they see fit.

More
27 Sep 2011 20:41 #4 by mistressmyra

osty wrote:

LeslieAValentin wrote: Not really knowing the ages of folks that come on here, some may not remember this show from the 80's --- Friday the 13th - the Series.... where the old man, a guy and girl collect possessed objects and lock them away to keep them safely out of "sinister" hands "so to say".

I loved the Friday the 13th Series! and I do see how you could see the Haunted Collector would be a reality tv show based on this show. I doubt they even gave that any thought. I do think off all the paranormal shows I have seen, this one seems to be the most ungenuine paranormal show I have seen.

Friday the 13th > Warehouse 13 > Haunted collector
:side:

More
27 Sep 2011 16:53 #5 by osty

LeslieAValentin wrote: Not really knowing the ages of folks that come on here, some may not remember this show from the 80's --- Friday the 13th - the Series.... where the old man, a guy and girl collect possessed objects and lock them away to keep them safely out of "sinister" hands "so to say".

I loved the Friday the 13th Series! and I do see how you could see the Haunted Collector would be a reality tv show based on this show. I doubt they even gave that any thought. I do think off all the paranormal shows I have seen, this one seems to be the most ungenuine paranormal show I have seen.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Sep 2011 13:21 #6 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: re: Haunted Collector on SyFy

Keith wrote: The first time I watched it I asked myself "Would I want dozens of objects that I found to be possessed in my home. Ummmmmmmmm. Nope! I also wondered as you did is having all this concentrated bad energy in one spot wise. Unless perhaps he has the objects cleansed before he places them into his collections. One could hope he has that for sight.

Possessions is nothing to mess around with. I personally would think long and hard about bringing a possessed object into my home cleansed or not. I know the power of possessed of objects and they are no joke. When the physical world we live in can be manipulated by a dweller of another dimension that takes a great amount of energy.

Keith

You bring up another point Keith; if an object could be cleansed, then John could/should have done that and returned the object to the people that owned it, without the drama. But that wouldn't be good for ratings now would it?

More
27 Sep 2011 11:36 #7 by Keith
The first time I watched it I asked myself "Would I want dozens of objects that I found to be possessed in my home. Ummmmmmmmm. Nope! I also wondered as you did is having all this concentrated bad energy in one spot wise. Unless perhaps he has the objects cleansed before he places them into his collections. One could hope he has that for sight.

Possessions is nothing to mess around with. I personally would think long and hard about bringing a possessed object into my home cleansed or not. I know the power of possessed of objects and they are no joke. When the physical world we live in can be manipulated by a dweller of another dimension that takes a great amount of energy.

Keith

More
27 Sep 2011 05:07 #8 by LeslieAValentin
Not really knowing the ages of folks that come on here, some may not remember this show from the 80's --- Friday the 13th - the Series.... where the old man, a guy and girl collect possessed objects and lock them away to keep them safely out of "sinister" hands "so to say".

I have a lot of respect for John Zaffis, however, I feel almost like there is a "sell out" when it comes to this show. It is in my eyes, a "reality tv" version of the show I mentioned above.

While I do agree that spirits can attach themselves to objects, structures, etc., it is troublesome to think that some whack job fan will eventually try to find their way to this collection that John Zaffis has built. Furthermore, there is great care that is needed in keeping objects such as the ones that John shows as he adds a new piece to the collection and it should not be taken lightly when there is that much potential spiritual attachments all in one area.

Just my two cents on the subject and while I was around the PC, wanted to take a moment to jump in here and make a comment on the topic.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features