Login

Videos

Afterlife or Nothing?

More
08 Oct 2011 22:20 - 08 Oct 2011 22:24 #1 by Amanda_O
Replied by Amanda_O on topic Re: Afterlife or Nothing?
I am running my disclaimer that these are only my beliefs. Is there an afterlife? Yes I wholeheartedly belief there is. I don't, however believe that one group of religious beliefs has the whole answer on this. I feel that most people who seek get to see some of it. Do I need to convince someone there is an afterlife..do I need proof myself..not hardly. While getting photos or evp is thrilling and fun (most of the time) for me I never needed it as proof and I don't quite understand people who need proof. Is there time there? Well from what I've read technically speaking there is no 'time' here and it is something human beings perceive that is unique to our species. So ( check up in some of the scientific theories about it) time is actually an illusion.
Now..as far as I am concerned we are made up of more than just flesh and blood. When I say energy I am not speaking merely of thought energy..I am referring to our vital energy we use everyday. If you don't have it that means you don't have a pulse. I believe these bodies we possess are just a way for us to experience this particular reality and that this is by no means the only reality out there. I do believe that from time to time something changes and different worlds collide. I do believe that when someone has something important to do or at least they think it is important then they will not rest, or to me more accurately leave, until it is done. I believe that some people choose to go on for awhile looking after those they loved on this earth. I believe they are vastly different from the ones who stay for many years to haunt a place.
I also believe that there are vast numbers of beings that were never human and never will be and probably have no desire to be. I don't limit this to angels and demons but to many other....beings that we don't understand.
I put all of this in context with what we know about our planet. Every year there are new discoveries of fish, birds, or whatever other animals that we 'didn't know' existed before and the same is true for plants. The funny part about it is that we are so certain of ourselves that we are convinced we know EVERYTHING and we are smart for that. I propose that we are merely beginning to really make some interesting discoveries about our lives, our planet and what our true nature is. I don't believe however that we have even begun to scratch the surface however.
If we don't know every single little detail about our planet and we don't know and understand every single little detail about our own physical bodies then how in the name of everything sacred can we know about the spiritual realms? :cheer:
Last edit: 08 Oct 2011 22:24 by Amanda_O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Oct 2011 18:11 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Afterlife or Nothing?

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Ah well, I don't get into the investigation scene. Never needed proof of anything. I guess it's beyond my scope that there are people who would put time into investigating something they don't believe in or go out of their way to prove doesn't exist. Makes my brain a little itchy.

The best way, in my humble opinion, is to research the evidence of the afterlife from the world of physics and one's [and others] intuition and experiences. It's kinda beyond me why people would put so much time in investigating something; even when they believe in the paranormal and while trying to prove it's existence, rarily get much, if anything; after spending countless hours of time.

I get bored with putting too much time [investigating] into the technical aspects; relying more on intuition. You won't see me behind a desk listening to EVP recordings for hours on end to come up with a few seconds of "possible" data; a big waste of time for me, yet a thrill for others. CC is the one who did all the video and EVPs in a recent investigation; and he did an awesome job. He's also got a lot of patience, something I might want to work on in the future [note to self].

More
08 Oct 2011 17:03 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Ah well, I don't get into the investigation scene. Never needed proof of anything. I guess it's beyond my scope that there are people who would put time into investigating something they don't believe in or go out of their way to prove doesn't exist. Makes my brain a little itchy.

More
08 Oct 2011 16:39 #4 by crystalcross

TressesOfNephthys wrote: lol. I would think that if you are on GnH that you probably believe in the afterlife...

I'm not sure about people on GnH, although I think it would be a cross section of those involved in the field. But I know for a fact that not everyone in the field of the paranormal believes in the afterlife. I know it seems strange, but a few that I've talked to do not believe in the afterlife but rather have a desire to find out IF there is one. And yet others are out to prove that all the things we experience are explainable by natural non-paranormal factors.

But I would certainly say you're correct in that a vast majority of people on GnH and in the field, do believe in some form of life or existence after death.

More
08 Oct 2011 16:05 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well, isn't this the fundamental question? lol. I would think that if you are on GnH that you probably believe in the afterlife...just my opinion :)

Physics has lots of evidence for the afterlife but not really any solid proof. Doesn't mean I don't think eventually they will, because I do.

Einstein stated that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. I think this also includes life. In a perfect situation, we enter this dimension as a baby and exit as an old person, then we enter the afterlife as an old person and leave as a baby. Of course this doesn't explain people who die young or people who cross to the other side and decide not to reincarnate. My thoughts on this are too long and complicated and way too much for one entry on a discussion thread. But yes, I believe in other dimensions.

More
08 Oct 2011 15:40 #6 by crystalcross

islandflower66 wrote: My hubby and I were discussing the possibilities of an afterlife. A question that should be brought up to someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife should be....If energy is neither created nor destroyed then where does our energy go when our bodies expire?

IslandFlower,

Its a great question and one I've heard quite often. And let me first prepend my answer with saying that I do believe in an afterlife. BUT, the question of energy really does not yield any form of proof. Although you are correct that the total of energy and mass can never be created or destroyed. This has been the root of discussion for many years now in physics circles. But the form of the energy or mass can and does change quite frequently. Human thought is not so much an energy as a pattern of energy, and patterns can change. The sum of all we are and know is not so much a static energy but rather a pattern which defines us. In pure physics, this pattern is not necessarily preserved. It can easily fade or be transformed while the pure energy that makes it up is scattered. I say scattered because its not detroyed, simply diluted to an unrecognizable state.

So, am I saying that we can be destroyed? No, not at all. I'm simply saying you can't use principals of physics as proof for something that is beyond mere physics to explain. We keep trying to explain the essence of what we are in terms of the physical world, and its my opinion that we simply can't. We're simply looking at the effect of our spirits on the physical world. And at least for myself when I use the term "energies" I do so not in the litteral sense when speaking about spirit projections because I don't KNOW the actual physical properties behind it. It just acts as an energy, even though it doesn't posses all the properties of one. Does that make sense? If not, don't feel alone I think I've managed to even confuse myself. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amanda_O

More
08 Oct 2011 02:13 #7 by islandflower66
My hubby and I were discussing the possibilities of an afterlife. A question that should be brought up to someone who doesn't believe in an afterlife should be....If energy is neither created nor destroyed then where does our energy go when our bodies expire? Pretty good one hon! This question just sticks with me. Any comments on this? Do you believe in different dimensions or other planes that coexist with ours that we don't see or feel? If so, is time measured the same way we measure time? In the spirit realm is time different there? These are the type of questions that keep me searching and intrigued about the whole paranormal experience.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds

Features