Login

Videos

Tri-Field natural EMF meter vs. Tri-field 100xe

More
20 Dec 2011 05:03 #1 by jr244888
thank you both for your opinions, I actually am investing in a multi channel IR surveillance system with a dvr, but in the meantime I also want a new emf meter, so I believe I'll go with the tri-field natural, do u happen to know of any good brand names for IR surveillance systems?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2011 21:25 #2 by channelpirate
I have a natural and wouldn't be without it. I have never found interference with it despite trying lots of different things (radio's, speakers etc)and cell phones do not affect it. I have used it for prolonged communication on occaisions but on others you get very little.

Couple of suggestions, you can't walk around with it on 'sum'. Better to set it down and wait to see if you get readings. I have found that it takes a while to settle down ((a minute or so) before you try and fine tune it.

The other would be to set a digital recorder four or five feet away. That way, when you don't hear the responses at the time you can pick them up in review.

I have recently been in touch with AlphaLab who make it and they now do one with led's for ease of use although i've not seen one on sale yet. My idea was to have three or four around the room. If any readings were interference then all boxes would light equally. If however it was due to some spirit activity then it should be perfectly reasonable to ask for individual ones to be sctivated. - if only I had the money!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jr244888

More
19 Dec 2011 15:51 #3 by crystalcross
Well, let me first preface this by saying "Better is relative".

In my personal opinion, I would probably save the money for some alternate forms of detection and recording (Multi-channel IR surveillance system).

But, if field detection is the way you wish to go then I would look at what differences in the two, and the value (at least in my opinion).

The primary difference in the two meters is the frequency of the energy which they sense. The Natural Tri-Frield is geared to both static and alternating fields. On the electrostatic energy side it can sense fields whether they are alternating (AC) or unchanging (static). Conversely the 100xe is geared to mostly AC electrostatic fields.

On the electromagnetic (EM) side, the two meters also have their subtle differences. The Natrual Tri-Field senses static magnetic fields and field fluctuations. These are changes in the magnetic field strength which happen very slowly, or the presence of field lines themselves. The down side to this is that those type of readings are prone to false positives. Conversely the 100xe reads alternating magnetic fields only. Its tuned into a range of 40Hz to 100khz. This is a range in which manifesting spirits are thought to resonate. Its less prone to false positive, but on other hand its more prone to picking up 60Hz readings from house wiring or power lines.

Finally the high frequency EMF area, what they call the 3rd field. Reality being that its really just an extension of the 2nd field but in a higher range. This is the area you'll often get false positives from any number of transmitter sources. Of course the post predominant false positive in this range is from Cellphones. Since lets face it we all carry those little EM factories in our pockets and tend to forget about them. Also any close radio stations, a pipe, picture frame, loose metal object which is tuned to the frequency of a nearby radio station could easily become and antenna amplify these frequencies. This is one reason I don't put a great deal of stock into any EM in the higher or 60Hz ranges.

Aside from my background in physics, I am also a licensed amateur radio (HAM) operator. So I know all about how easy it can be for objects to pick up signals in the EM range.

If I had to get one, of the two I would probably choose the Natural Tri-field. Other than the electrostatic side, I'm not so sure the 100xe would get you a significant improvement over what you have now for the cost.

Personal opinion only...
The following user(s) said Thank You: jr244888

More
19 Dec 2011 03:35 #4 by jr244888
Which meter is better for a new paranormal investigator, I already own a Ghost Meter and the ELF meter but am not impressed with the cheap plastic build and the range of detection on them

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Features