Login

Videos

Equipment

More
09 Dec 2011 05:16 #1 by poptart
Replied by poptart on topic Re: Equipment
does anyone have any recommendations on a good IR camera? there's a lot of surveillance-style set ups that are under $100...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2011 02:27 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Equipment
Gale,

All good advice above. As for the under $100 question. I see you, much like me, are an investigator on a small budget. CHEAP is my specialty! :)

The Olypus VN6300PC which CP mentioned (thanks CP) is a great very affordable piece of equipment. It can be purchased from Amazon cheaply, or from Radio Shack or Walmart for a bit more if you want it locally.

Adding to that I would get a small external microphone and perhaps a radio shack telephone magnetic pickup for recording EMF audio frequencies.

I would suggest one or more video recorders. I have a tutorial on this site about how to convert a cheap Keychain camera into an Infrared recorder. You can do that for around $40. You can also purchase a low end entry EMF meter for under $30.

Once you have that, the next thing I would save up for is a DVR system. You can also look into some low or no-tech gear such as dowsing rods and pendulum. Although bear in mind that those devices will require a bit more practice and research. And perhaps some time spent with a master to teach you how to properly use them.

Also when you have a bit more money, I would suggest investing in a good high quality camera such as the somewhat older Nikon D70, and IR filter and a good tripod.

More
08 Dec 2011 23:34 #3 by Galehawk
Replied by Galehawk on topic Re: Equipment
why they are nice is there something under 100 dollars?

More
08 Dec 2011 21:14 #4 by channelpirate
Replied by channelpirate on topic Re: Equipment
Personally an Olypmpus VN6300PC, the bigger the number the more capacity. You need the PC version to copy straight to your PC (obvious I guess)

Next up is the H2. It's cheaper than the H4 but records on four channels if you want. Main advantages are that you can wear headphones and hear EVP's real time.

Second advantage is, if you record the position of the H2 during the vigil, in analysis you can use the quad track to determine the direction of the EVP, taps and knocks etc

Incidentally, if you use Audacity to analyse audio you get quad analysis by adding the two tracks and then click on Project and Import Video to add the next two tracks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Galehawk

More
08 Dec 2011 17:34 #5 by Galehawk
Replied by Galehawk on topic Re: Equipment
could someone tell me which is the best voice recorder to buy and Camera?

More
12 Oct 2011 21:55 - 12 Oct 2011 21:58 #6 by techguy32
Replied by techguy32 on topic Re: Equipment
Invest in good auido recording kit. EVP is by far the most common form of evidence you will collect. POsted this vid here a few days ago but as its on topic for this thread here is a video of our kit.

Last edit: 12 Oct 2011 21:58 by techguy32.

More
11 Oct 2011 18:37 #7 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
The Voice Recorder,whether Digital Or Analog Or Both.

More
11 Oct 2011 17:31 #8 by polarice7000
Replied by polarice7000 on topic Re: Equipment
Definitive recorder. Since you can watch what you do not appreciate at the time .. Leave it alone paranormal view that there .. Of course the recorder also has its secrets, like flash etc. .. Well in short .. For one of the best is, the recorder .. regards

-Gabriel

More
07 Oct 2011 16:43 #9 by zookeeper
Replied by zookeeper on topic Re: Equipment
Do you think you could post a tutorial or video on how to do this modification? After you do it, do you put it back together and tape it to a IR light source? (I'm trying to get a mental picture of this)

How much video time does the SD card hold? (say a 32gb)

Sorry for the newbie questions!

crystalcross wrote: Tyrstag,

I make them myself. I take regular keychain micro-cameras which you can purchase from E-Bay, and I convert them so they are Infrared cameras. I can either show you how to do it, or I can do it for you. I just bought a lot of 10 more keychain cameras, and will convert them as soon as I get them. I'll probably keep 5-6 of them for myself. But I'll re-sell a few of them. Best things since sliced bread!

That's what the video from our most recent investigation was taken with.

More
28 Sep 2011 22:48 #10 by osty
Replied by osty on topic Re: Equipment

undertaker1 wrote: Digital voice recorder. The reason being is evp's are more likely than a picture. I love all the equipment available but this one definately will get you in the direction you need to go to find or share paranormal evidence.

I have a great sony Digital voice recorder. I know the equipment needed...and I have the basics, digital recorder, EMF device and digital slr camera. Was looking more for a discussion of I use this and love it or I had this and hated it.

Time to create page: 0.422 seconds

Features