Login

Videos

Custom Paranormal Equipment

More
12 Jul 2013 19:32 #1 by crystalcross

This is the first Alpha development prototype for a new project I am working on.
This will be a low cost ($180-$220) paranormal FLIR and ultrasonic room scanner.

The premise behind it is this, you set it in the corner or side of a room. Once every minute it scans the room with a 180 degree wide by 120 degree (floor to ceiling) scan grid. It will scan for thermal (FLIR) and ultrasonic hits. The ultrasonic will basically create a map of the room of distance from the scanning point to the nearest wall. If that distance changes, it will alert of a change. Also it will scan a Thermal grid for temperature changes. This grid will be roughly 200 pixel by 180 pixel for the 180 degree scan.

This information can either be stored into an SD card for later reading, or with the optional bluetooth module can be sent real-time to a computer for intepretation from a central command point. It can also be rendered into a thermal image like what you see in a FLIR unit.

I was thinking of adding more sensors, but have not decided if I want to do that yet. Once the prototype is done I will sell them for roughtly $200 if people are interested. $30 extra for the bluetooth module.

I'm currently looking for how many people would be interested in purchasing this, and what a good price point would be. Obviously the higher the price point the better the capabilities. But then again I don't want to price it so high that it will be unavailable to every agency.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2013 16:34 #2 by crystalcross
For anyone interested, I'm starting to create a line of custom paranormal gear. These products will be based on embedded controllers and a plethora of sensors. Anyone interested in some specific custom gear, please let me know and I'll work with you to create a product specially for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Features