Login

Videos

Wireless POV Transmiter

More
04 Mar 2013 01:05 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys
When are we going to see this thing in action?? :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Feb 2013 00:39 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Wireless POV Transmiter
Looking forward to using this my friend.

Matrix

More
24 Feb 2013 20:52 #3 by crystalcross
So, today I did some more testing with this device. Found that you definitely do not want to have the transmitter or receiver anywhere near a source of WiFi. It really disrupts the video transmission, and I'm sure it probably isn't doing wonders for the WiFi either but I wasn't really using it at the time so I didn't notice that.

I think if the option presents itself, I'll opt for a 900mhz or 5.8ghz version. Too much uses 2.4ghz. You can only spread that spectrum so thin.

More
23 Feb 2013 22:17 #4 by crystalcross
So this week I went to go purchase a wireless IR camera. I found a cheap one on EB and really didn't expect much. I purchased it for Live Investigations so that everyone could have a first person point of view as we were roaming.

The one I purchased was a no name 2.4Ghz unit with 6 IR LED's. The unit can work with a 9V battery, but I am not sure how long that will work. I would recommend re-wiring a 12-14V battery back from a portable drill or flashlight. Or using a 9V LIPO and LIFE pack from RC remotes.

Video quality is fairly good, IR quality is surprisingly good. Signal quality depends on how much interference there is and how many walls it has to go through. Also depends a great deal on the battery life.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds

Features