Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Fading residuals?

More
08 Oct 2011 12:37 - 08 Oct 2011 12:39 #1 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re: Fading residuals?

crystalcross wrote:

Keith wrote: So many questions so few answers.

So lets all get our collective selves together to see if we can answer some of them.

United the sum of our knowledge and experiences can overcome the depth and breath of questions.

I know, that is why I started this journey, and why I joined this site. I didn't find the hype here that I read on other places I have read at. I like the back and forth mixed with the fact and inner knowledge’s I find here. So having a place to gather information. lore and spiritual proof is priceless to this old seeker of the unknown.

Keith
Last edit: 08 Oct 2011 12:39 by Keith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2011 02:49 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys
[quote=
Although, I'm not so sure about Disney World. The waiting lines, and high priced costs tend to be more of a nightmare for me. :P[/quote]

Lol well, I chose a location that elicits a strong emotional response, be it happiness or anything else. Though, if you ask my daughter what she did at Disney, she'll tell you she got to meet Mickey and Minnie. She won't tell you she had to wait an hour and a half in line to do so. You can make an example out of any place though: Fatima, Lourdes, Mecca, Jerusalem, Stone Henge, etc etc. All places with a sense of history and emotion. Though it doesn't even have to be that dramatic. There are plenty of accounts of residual haunts where folks walk into the sight or sounds of parties going on at old bars or restaurants.

True about the CRT burn in...even my hubby got a chuckle out of that one.

More
08 Oct 2011 01:42 #3 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Fading residuals?

Keith wrote: So many questions so few answers.

So lets all get our collective selves together to see if we can answer some of them.

United the sum of our knowledge and experiences can overcome the depth and breath of questions.

More
08 Oct 2011 01:23 - 08 Oct 2011 01:26 #4 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re: Fading residuals?
Never really gave this any thought. Time wares on everything solid, erosion and such as that. But I have to give it some thought on a spirit. Is there really something there to fade are they like pictures on a wall? I wonder sometimes if when we see mists or partial apparitions if it is just different stages of forming for lack of energy os something we don't yet understand? So many questions so few answers.

Keith
Last edit: 08 Oct 2011 01:26 by Keith.

More
08 Oct 2011 00:45 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Fading residuals?
I'd have to agree with you Tresses. Not all residuals have to be bad ones. Feelings, Senses and even smells of all sorts can be such strong burn-ins on locations. It reminds me a bit of the days now long past. when something used exist called a CRT. (Yes, kids, monitors were not always flat :ohmy: ) Back in those days if you left the same program running on your computer too long it would permanently burn into your monitor. From that point on, even if you turned the monitor off you could still see the pattern of that screen in the monitor. (Didn't think I could bring that one back on point, did ya?) Same thing with residuals, I like to call it social burn-in.

Although, I'm not so sure about Disney World. The waiting lines, and high priced costs tend to be more of a nightmare for me. :P

More
07 Oct 2011 20:43 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I just want to add that residuals do NOT have to be negative. People all over earth visit certain sites because for religious, spiritual or healing purposes. That is because that is the type of energy that has been baked in layers there over time. Disneyworld isn't the happiest place on earth for nothing--you go there and feel instantly happy because people for many years have gone there to enjoy themselves. Their energies are still there and even if Disney doesn't exist in a thousand years, the land will still be a happy place to be.

More
07 Oct 2011 20:19 #7 by Andy_Clarkson66
I think the key might lie in the amount of energy given out at the time of the event leaving behind the residual footprint. The more traumatic the event, the greater the energy released and the more likely the image to endure (a bit like printing on normal as opposed to photographic paper). Even the highest quality photographs deteriorate over time.

More
07 Oct 2011 19:42 #8 by Tresses Of Nephthys
It's something that I've been pondering for a while too...do hauntings (residual and other manifestations) fade over time? I do think they do. Think about it: when you hear about hauntings--any type, you only really hear about them going back to maybe 500 or 600 years ago (maybe more, not here to wax semantics) but you don't hear about, say, the ghost of Julius Cesar, or the ghosts of Cromagnon man. Why is this? Certainly ghosts existed back then. Many historical artifacts and paintings point to the fact that ancient people and even pre-historic people had concepts of religion and the afterlife.

I think that after a time, the energy is less bound to the earth, and will dissipate. How long this takes or what kicks off the process is anyone's guess. I think more tribal and ancient cultures have a more concrete idea of what happens: spirits of the mountains, forests, rivers, etc. Meaning, I think the energy just sort of seeps into the landscape and becomes part of the earth. Spiritual fertilizer.

More
07 Oct 2011 17:27 #9 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Can A Residual Haunting Fade Over Time.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Features