Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

EVP's & Ouija Boards

More
02 Oct 2011 02:32 #11 by islandflower66
i wonder the same thing about the spirit boxes. I've seen it used on GA show but really how accurate or reliable is it? I do find it interesting that from what I've seen on the shows it seems to respond with answers relevant to the questions being asked...pretty interesting.

PS: Thanks to everyone for jumping into the discussion...all responses have been interesting and helpful!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2011 00:15 #12 by Amanda_O
Replied by Amanda_O on topic Re: EVP's & Ouija Boards
I've gotten to see that a couple of times and sometimes there will be a show where someone will have a work with techs. I'm curious about the spirit box myself. As far as the with sensitives go good ones usually got either evp or pic around the moment they picked up on something.

More
02 Oct 2011 00:00 #13 by zeptember
Replied by zeptember on topic Re: EVP's & Ouija Boards
that's a good one I never thought of that before now if I look at it the board spells out but the recorder talks....how about the spirit box does that really work? or can it sometimes get interference like a baby monitor or walkie talkie where other people can listen and just say a few words or is the spirit box real?

More
01 Oct 2011 23:10 #14 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I'm sure. Never really tried that before. I don't really use the Ouija anymore because I can hear the result in my head before they have time to spell it out. Also, it's been a while since I've had someone who would do it with me.

More
01 Oct 2011 23:06 #15 by Amanda_O

TressesOfNephthys wrote:

Grupo Alpha wrote: In my humble opinion the phenomenon of EVP has nothing to do with the Ouija board. Furthermore, I personally believe that the Ouija is not a reliable element in carrying out any thorough investigation.

For me, the comparison is simply with how its used. You ask a question and try to get a response from the ghost.

pretty much the same. One thing I like is when you take equipment and a sensitive and see whats what. That can give some interesting results.

More
01 Oct 2011 23:02 #16 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Grupo Alpha wrote: In my humble opinion the phenomenon of EVP has nothing to do with the Ouija board. Furthermore, I personally believe that the Ouija is not a reliable element in carrying out any thorough investigation.

For me, the comparison is simply with how its used. You ask a question and try to get a response from the ghost.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Oct 2011 22:30 - 01 Oct 2011 22:31 #17 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: EVP's & Ouija Boards
In my humble opinion the phenomenon of EVP has nothing to do with the Ouija board. Furthermore, I personally believe that the Ouija is not a reliable element in carrying out any thorough investigation.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2011 22:31 by Grupo Alpha.

More
01 Oct 2011 18:55 #18 by Amanda_O
I agree a Ouija board has really had a bad wrap. I've used them off and on for years with no problems. In my opinion anytime you do any kind of 'spiritual ( using that term for the sake of simplicity) work' you are opening yourself up. Prayer is opening yourself up. It's not so much what you do but how you do it. Many people who come at this sort of thing from a more scientific point of view may not agree that invoking some kind of higher protection before doing an investigation or using a Ouija board or evp for that matter is silly. I guess it's a matter of point of view. Me personally I do think you open yourself up to a lot more every day than you realize...it's matter of what sticks and what doesn't
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
01 Oct 2011 15:51 #19 by islandflower66
That's right I remember the movie...thanks for the input, it helped. Still on the fence about all of that, I guess no matter what we believe we can give energy to anything out there...I find the debate very interesting. Thanks again for the info!

More
01 Oct 2011 13:03 #20 by crystalcross
Actually there was an entire movie based on that claim that EVP's are dangerous and can open doors for entities to come to you. It was called "White Noise".

But that was Hollywood and this is reality. The same could be said about watching a movie such as "Paranormal Activity" or "The Exhorsist". Because by the act of watching them it makes you think of paranormal things and spirits and entities and so makes you more of a target.

I personally think that the only evil is to live in fear of everything you may possibly do that could draw spirits to you. Ouiji boards I don't mess with, strictly because of all the stigma and also because I don't trust the outcome. If a spirit wants to move a little peg on a board, it can just as easily move something else. But that's just my personal opinion and certainly do not take that as a valid one.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Features