Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Ghostly Theories

More
02 Oct 2011 14:35 - 02 Oct 2011 14:35 #1 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Ghostly Theories

Ocean County Paranormal Research wrote: Theory#1 Ghost Are Earthbound Souls Of The Deceased.
Theory#2 Events Are Somehow Recorded In Certain Surroundings To Be Replayed Over And Over To Living People Sensitive Enough To See Them.
Theory#3 Apparitions Are Created By Some Type Of Naturally-Occurring Electrical,Magnetic,Or Electromagnetic Condition.
Theory#4 Ghost Are Actual Beings Living In One Or More Parallel Dimensions.
Theory#5 Ghost Exist Only As Figments Of Our Imaginations.

May I perhaps submit a Theory#6 which combines all others. (Yes, I love to be difficult!)
Which goes something like this...

Ghosts are Earthbound Souls (Theory #1 ) in the case of active haunting or Events recorded in our surroundings (Theory #2) in the case of Residual. These energies reside in an alternate dimension any only cross over into ours occassionally (Theory #4), and when they do it can leave traces or be triggered by electromagnetic conditions (Theory #3). And in many cases what we see or experience are not so much PHYSICAL experiences but rather past experiences, sights or visions we have seen which are drawn upon by these spirits to interact with us. (Theory #5).

Did I cover everything? Hope I didn't leave some out. :)
But in honesty that's mostly where I'm leaning in my personal beliefs.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2011 14:35 by crystalcross.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2011 12:26 #2 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re: Ghostly Theories
"It is what it is."

I can't wait to go on my next Hunt.

To each a bit different.

Experience of those nights is all it takes to know, "We are not alone."

Keith

More
02 Oct 2011 10:14 #3 by Amanda_O
Replied by Amanda_O on topic Re: Ghostly Theories
Earth bound spirits..yep that's a common enough theory. Not all human spirits are earthbound however. It isn't uncommon for my grandmother, father or great grandfather to pay me a visit. Usually there is something they need me to know about.
I have experienced residual hauntings and to me those are the most common. I do believe that some things are not caused by any spirit but instead a mixture of environmental elements along with a sensitive person. I saw a very interesting case about that some years ago. Wish I could remember the name of the woman but anyhoo, she apparently was a sensitive and had a lot of electromagnetic fields in her home and an underground spring through the yard..there was some other things as well. She experienced poltergeist like activity..but there was no actual ghost. How weird is that huh?
I think we have thoughts about it..but no real answers.
I do however think there are many NHE that we have no clue as to what they are.

More
02 Oct 2011 05:05 #4 by limestone
Replied by limestone on topic Re: Ghostly Theories
I suppose this is an easy way out, but I believe that all of the theories are correct. I do personally feel that there is a scientific explanation to most of what we consider to be paranormal, it just doesn't have a name because there is currently no known way to accurately measure or document it yet.

When you look at quantum physics/mechanics (most of it is *way* over my head), in it's simplest explanations that I could/can find it seems to be promising in terms of answers in the field of paranormal research.

All of that being said, I still also believe that there is a spiritual side that science cannot and should not be able to explain. Talk to a hospice nurse or worker. They will tell you about patients that are seeing their dead relatives waiting for them. Could there be medical reasons for their "seeing" dead relatives? Absolutely, multiple reasons that could medically explain it away (medication reactions, chemical reactions within the body as it is dying, hypoxia, physical changes to the brain, etc.). However, it's the same for almost every patient, every time. It spans age groups, cultures and religions. This tends to make me believe that there is something beyond science at work.

More
30 Sep 2011 23:15 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
#1 non-physical entities break down into two basic categories: those who have crossed to the other side and those who haven't. The ones who haven't may be stuck, maybe they just like it here, but they are very much attached to their human existence for their various reasons. Those on the other side are souls that can evolve, become spirit guides, reincarnate eventually. They can come back and visit us (they do all the time) but their work is over there and count yourself lucky to see one of them because it's very hard to make themselves seen.

#2 The Earth is magnetized and records like a cassette. If enough emotion is released in one place over time, the ground will record the memories, and entering the energy field in which that memory is contained is like pressing play on a video.

#3 Apparitions are not created by any kind of field, but an electrical or energy source can assist ghosts to make an appearance.

#4 there are countless parallel universes. Whether you subscribe to string theory (nine dimensions), super string theory (twelve dimensions), the other side and astral plane is just 2 of many.

#5 if you've ever seen a ghost or had visitation from a deceased loved one, you know its not your imagination.

More
30 Sep 2011 22:32 #6 by Wes_Forsythe
Replied by Wes_Forsythe on topic Re: Ghostly Theories
I am a simple man and buy into theory #1 for most cases. It doesn't explain everything that we may encounter (non-human type stuff) but it works and makes sense to me.

More
30 Sep 2011 21:42 #7 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Beloe Are 5 Theories To Consider Regarding The Basics Of Ghostly Manifestations.

Theory#1 Ghost Are Earthbound Souls Of The Deceased.

Theory#2 Events Are Somehow Recorded In Certain Surroundings To Be Replayed Over And Over To Living People Sensitive Enough To See Them.

Theory#3 Apparitions Are Created By Some Type Of Naturally-Occurring Electrical,Magnetic,Or Electromagnetic Condition.

Theory#4 Ghost Are Actual Beings Living In One Or More Parallel Dimensions.

Theory#5 Ghost Exist Only As Figments Of Our Imaginations.

Your Thoughs.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Features