Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Shadow People

More
02 Oct 2011 01:55 #1 by limestone
Replied by limestone on topic Re: Shadow People

crystalcross wrote: Actually you bring up shadows and entities seen out of the corner of your eye.

I'm curious, since you hear the same phenomena so much, and it always seems to be seen out of the corner of your eyes. I'm wondering if its not so much a physical presence but rather a projection of a thought or vision which the mind interprets as something out of the corner of its eye since its not in its physical visual field of view. Thoughts?

Personally the shadow person I saw was "head on", not out of the corner of my eye. I was a teenager and it was in my room. It terrified me, I saw the silhouette of a man that was blocking what little light would normally be coming from one of my bedroom windows. I felt it was malevolent, but, what else would you thing with an assumed intruder in your room?!

My other experience isn't even my experience so much as my husband's. He also saw it "head on", in fact "tracked" it with his eyes. We were outside having a little bonfire in our back yard. I never saw it, as it was behind me and I was talking to him. I did, however, watch my very skeptical (non-believer in the paranormal) and virtually unshakable husband's face go pale. Shortly after he relayed to me what he saw. Apparently, he saw a shadow figure walk through our fence (6ft tall chain link) behind me, past us to my left and then pass through the fence on the opposite side of the yard. He swore initially when he saw the shadow that it was one of our kids, then realized it was too big...and worse yet..."not real or solid".

When I was first divorced my and was living in a brand new, never lived in apartment I saw out of the corner of my eye almost weekly a "shadow" that would dart in the hallway. I blew it off as some type of visual disturbance until one night while on the phone with a friend I watched a shadow "ball" IN THE REFLECTION OF MY SLIDING GLASS DOORS GLASS (wtf) come out of the wall over my breakfast bar about halfway across the bar it then slowly went back towards the wall and was "reabsorbed".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2011 23:28 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Wes_Forsythe wrote: One theory someone presented to me as to why a ghost may manifest as a shadow...

It is a pretty common belief in the paranormal field that when a ghost manifests that it drains active energy around them (batteries and such) whether by accident or on purpose. What if the "shadow people" we see are a different type of energy drain - in essense "draining" the light from an area.

Many of the reports of apparitions and shadows include "the room seemed to get darker". Just something to think about.
"

Good point

More
30 Sep 2011 22:29 #3 by Wes_Forsythe
Replied by Wes_Forsythe on topic Re: Shadow People
One theory someone presented to me as to why a ghost may manifest as a shadow...

It is a pretty common belief in the paranormal field that when a ghost manifests that it drains active energy around them (batteries and such) whether by accident or on purpose. What if the "shadow people" we see are a different type of energy drain - in essense "draining" the light from an area.

Many of the reports of apparitions and shadows include "the room seemed to get darker". Just something to think about.

I haven't really seen any evidence that a shadow is a "dark" or bad entity. I suspect it is just one form of manifestation and that we impose our fear and interpretations of the dark onto that phenomena. I don't buy the corner of they eye thing over all. While PLENTY of corner of the eye sightings of anything are most likely mistakes and the like, quite a few of the accounts I have heard involve head-on encounters with a shadow that "completely blocks the light."

More
30 Sep 2011 22:18 - 30 Sep 2011 22:19 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well, I will tell you from experience that the majority of the time I see something in my peripheral vision, it tends to be a strand of hair. Does that account for every instance? Probably not.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2011 22:19 by Tresses Of Nephthys. Reason: typo

More
30 Sep 2011 19:42 #5 by osty
Replied by osty on topic Re: Shadow People

crystalcross wrote: Actually you bring up shadows and entities seen out of the corner of your eye.

I'm curious, since you hear the same phenomena so much, and it always seems to be seen out of the corner of your eyes. I'm wondering if its not so much a physical presence but rather a projection of a thought or vision which the mind interprets as something out of the corner of its eye since its not in its physical visual field of view. Thoughts?

I feel that this is a majority of shadow people out there, I do believe there must be something more (or maybe I hope there is something more), since I have heard stories of people looking directly at shadows and then realizing that that shadow should not be there.

More
30 Sep 2011 18:16 #6 by mistressmyra
Replied by mistressmyra on topic Re: Shadow People

That's my thought CC. If I see a shadow person full on with naked eye. I might reconsider.

--P

More
30 Sep 2011 17:31 #7 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Shadow People
Actually you bring up shadows and entities seen out of the corner of your eye.

More
30 Sep 2011 17:27 #8 by islandflower66
Replied by islandflower66 on topic Re: Shadow People
Not sure if I totally believe in "Shadow People", I've experienced shadows caught out of my peripheral vision but I've yet to see one straight on to make me think otherwise. Were they my imagination or plays on lighting? Not sure.

More
30 Sep 2011 17:11 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
When ghosts make an appearance, it can take on many different forms. Sometimes we see them more clearly, and sometimes, it's more like a mist or shadow. It all depends on how much they want to be seen and also how much energy they have to do so. Ghosts, if they really want to make their presence known, will do things like pull energy from electrical devices, drain batteries, etc.

Now, it is thought by many people that if a ghost takes on the form of a grey or black shadow, that it is a negative energy. Somewhat true. Think about your shadow. It always shows up dark, but slightly translucent. Now I think if the shadow shows up black or dark grey and much more opaque, then that is more cause for worry.

So ask yourself: does the shadow person looks more like a human shadow, more of a manipulation of light, or does it look like a totally black figure as if it would be a shadow regardless of how much light was in the room?

More
30 Sep 2011 17:00 #10 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
What Is Your Theory On Shadow People.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Features