Login

Videos

× Welcome to the Ghosts & Haunts Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Orbs

More
23 May 2011 01:27 #1 by cheedee
Replied by cheedee on topic Re: Orbs
It won't discourage me at all :)
The paranormal is something I've always been interested in but its just more recently that I've really started to learn about it, so really, I just didn't know what to look for. The thing I found with the pictures I took was when I took them, I could see the flash reflecting off of stuff in the air as I was taking the picture, so I assumed it was just dust particles or something, but again, I didn't know what to look for. I do have one picture that seems to have its own glow, I will post it later tonight, or tomorrow, as I am on my way out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2011 01:17 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Orbs
I would have to agree. I must say though that I'm really of two minds on this subject. On one hand I fully agree about the orbs. Its very very very rate to find any photographic "ORB" evidence which can not be explained by environmental factors or lens affects.

But on the other hand I really do not like taking the wind out of anyone's sails so to speak. I know how exciting it can be to go on an investigation much less your FIRST investigation only to find some evidence in the form of Orbs. And I also know that it can be very discouraging to have someone then shoot that down. So with all that said I can not stress enough to anyone who has gotten "THE BUG" to investigate, do not EVER let anyone's opinion deter you from investigating further. There are very few things set in stone in this field. I would simply encourage everyone to look for "more, bigger, better" evidence and do not let the fact that something could be explained by some other means ever discourage you from moving forward with your exploration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheedee

• Steve
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 May 2011 01:11 #3 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re: Orbs

crystalcross wrote: Might I recommend some excellent reading on a great website. These people are dedicated to the study of Orbs. They have some great insight and explanations.

How about trying to use flash without it on the camera?

More
23 May 2011 01:06 #4 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Orbs
Lastnights investigation in the cemetery was fun and brought my sister along for the night. She had a great time but found she had orbs. Had to explain the rarety of a orb and took a while but think she got it lol. So orbs can be explained by alot of outside factors.

More
22 May 2011 16:04 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Orbs
Might I recommend some excellent reading on a great website. These people are dedicated to the study of Orbs. They have some great insight and explanations.

More
22 May 2011 02:29 #6 by Breezy
Replied by Breezy on topic Re: Orbs
Usually 99.9% of orbs photographed and video taped are dust, bugs, moisture or a camera issue. The best way to tell if it may b paranormal are by using these two features as criteria: if it is emitting it's own light and if it has a very defined flight path. Even if it meets this criteria we still have to be very careful because there are endless alternate explanations for orbs. Dust usually appears very snow like in video and very transparent in photos. Bugs u can usually tell when u look closely u can see wings or they Are oddly shaped or u can notice them at the time the pic or video was taken. Personally I never trust an orb. There are just too many things that it could b. I could take a pictures anywhere n wind up with orbs in at least a few frames. I hope this answers your question.

More
22 May 2011 02:04 #7 by cheedee
Orbs was created by cheedee
So how do you tell if its an orb, or a camera issue? Or bugs, dust etc?
I went for a walk on a haunted property and took tons of pictures, and got tons of orbs, but I don't know if it was just the flash reflecting off of things

Time to create page: 0.916 seconds

Features