Login

Videos

" Ghostly" spectre

More
26 Dec 2011 17:35 #1 by zeptember
Replied by zeptember on topic " Ghostly" spectre
the tunnel looks crazy I would love to tour that also, the image to me looks like rocks lite up ,,but if I look real fast the rock looks like a head but a blurry one,,good one, I like Crystalsross version more explainable..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2011 19:39 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic " Ghostly" spectre
So, to explain whats going on here you have to first understand several complex factors taking place.

In this picture you have several components going on, #1 motion blur. You've got a moving camera which in the near field is fairly sharp but on the more distant areas you can see a bit of motion blur going on. Second, you've got front and back lighting, but the back lighting (from the flash) is very intense. And its casting a very distinct shadow just in front of each of the subjects. You can see it best on the back of the jacket of the person who is farthest away. You can see the distinct shadow outline of the person in the blue/white shirt. Further more that person is also casting a shadow against the bottom of the right railing. Farther down you can see the red amber back lighting from the lighting in the passageway. This in some areas is overriding the shadows. When you zoom in on the area in question, it becomes much clearer that what we're seeing is simply shadow play from the multiple light sources.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beth

More
21 Dec 2011 19:01 #3 by Beth
Replied by Beth on topic " Ghostly" spectre
If anyone's interested in the photo. I'll gladly e-mail it to you. It's taken with a digital camera.
The location is the underground caverns in Valkenburg, the Netherlands. Loads of history

More
21 Dec 2011 18:58 #4 by Beth
" Ghostly" spectre was created by Beth
Discuss photo: " Ghostly" spectre

\" Ghostly\" spectre

Details
by Beth 13 years ago
in Ghostly Images
Just underneath the arch on the right I can see \" Someone\" peeking just around...
0 0

\" Ghostly\" spectre

Details
by Beth 13 years ago
in Ghostly Images
Just underneath the arch on the right I can see \" Someone\" peeking just around...
0 0

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds

Features