Login

Videos

EMF Reading

• Mark Shadley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Dec 2011 02:48 #1 by Mark Shadley
Replied by Mark Shadley on topic Re: EMF Reading
Actually Crystalcross you make a great point. I am actually at a point where I don't even trust the KII any longer. There are just too many things that can cause false positives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2011 22:59 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: EMF Reading
Actually any EMF meter which has a low pass filter won't have the problem. The issue comes into play with EMF meters which are designed for determining RF output. Many of them are tuned to frequencies in the mid to upper radio range. So they will respond to even the weakest of cell phone signals (including from another room).

More
10 Dec 2011 19:21 #3 by channelpirate
Replied by channelpirate on topic Re: EMF Reading
I agree - interesting thing is that phones can register on a K2 even from another room, that's why phones should be off during investigstions. If you use a Trifield Natural though you won't have this problem

More
10 Dec 2011 00:06 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: EMF Reading
I would have to agree with these guys for several reasons.

Lets start off with the phone itself. They're exactly correct phones are by the mere definition of CellPhone little transmitters and thus they're EMF factories. Now since cell phones transmit little packets now and then when not in use you may not get a constant reading. Also most apps such as this will make an attempt to not take readings while transmitting. But what they neglect to take into effect is reflective readings. Readings where some object resonates and thus creates an EMF field that lasts just a bit longer than the actual transmission itself.

That's why with cell phones its recommended to turn "Airplane Mode" on so no transmission takes place. But that doesn't stop the CPU's EMF radiation from interfering, and any other object that comes within the vicinity such as the metal frame from a photograph or metal pen or other metal object.

The difference between the magnetic sensors in phones and a true EMF meter is that most EMF meters for paranormal use are tuned to a specific range of frequencies and generally only pick up magnetic flux (fluctuations) rather than actual fields of force (Gauss). Most EMF meters use a ferrite (iron) core wound with copper wire, this produces a tiny electrical current when the strength of a magnetic field changes rapidly such as when a low wave radio signal passes by.

The magnetic pickups in cell phones on the other hand are made for sensing the earths magnetic core as a compass would. And they sense static non-changing magnetic fields. Although they can also "see" changing fields, they can not differentiate between them. To a phone a magnetic field is a magnetic field.

So they're not as accurate to begin with. And even if they were, I would never recommend using any EMF meter as a source of evidence by itself, only as a supporting factor for other evidence. And perhaps as a tool to communicate with spirits and determine a repeatable reaction to some solicited response.

I keep trying! Any investigation you can learn from is a good one, even if there is no evidence. Many investigations never yield any evidence.

More
09 Dec 2011 19:56 #5 by MinnDak Paranormal
Replied by MinnDak Paranormal on topic Re: EMF Reading
Agreed, I thought it was a phone, that's why I asked. I would suggest you verify the readings with an actual EMF, tri-field, or K2 to see what you get. If you're still getting high readings, try moving the item to a whole different area. If the high reading continue, you might be on to something. If they don't, look for the source in the vicinity of where the picture was originally at.

More
09 Dec 2011 19:07 #6 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
I agree with you, this is not my photo i was just answering someones question.

• Mark Shadley
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Dec 2011 19:03 #7 by Mark Shadley
Replied by Mark Shadley on topic Re: EMF Reading
Never trust an App for EMF purposes!

Smart phones give off large EM fields and should always be turned off or placed on airplane mode. You are better off with a tri-field meter, however, you must experiment with any equipment and understand the pros and cons. You must also understand false positives and what causes them. Phone apps are only designed as entertainment and as a drain on the battery!

More
09 Dec 2011 18:52 #8 by Jersey Paranormal Spirit Society
Yes it is a Phone. this person is using a Android app called the Entity Sensor.

More
09 Dec 2011 07:42 #9 by MinnDak Paranormal
Replied by MinnDak Paranormal on topic Re: EMF Reading
Are you using a phone for an emf? If not, what kind of emf detector is iy

More
09 Dec 2011 07:29 #10 by jcm8580
EMF Reading was created by jcm8580
Discuss photo: EMF Reading

EMF Reading

Details
by jcm8580 13 years ago
in General Investigation Photographs
This pic read 1.7mG when the rest of the room read .1-.3mG.
0 0

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Features