Login

Videos

Dust in the air

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Oct 2011 22:42 #1 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Dust in the air

techguy32 wrote: In my opionion 99.9% of (ORB) pics are dust or insects. In our team we call them 'Light Anomalies' as saying 'ORB' kind of means its something spiritual.

The appearence of these things in pictures really came common with the birth of digital photography. Unfortunately there is something about the CCD Chip in a camera that loves to pick them up. The poorer the quailty of camera the more likely it will pick up dust particals. (Well thats what we find) We have reached the stage now where we bin almost 100% of 'Orb' style pics off.

Sometimes you find ones on your DVR Cams that seem to have little trails behind them. This is usually down to the fact that an insect has flown past the Cam and the frame rate of the DVR is not enough to capture it real time so it leaves a trail behind it. Kinda like what you get if you do long exposure photography and wave a light infront of the camera.

Steve

You're exactly right Steve. That's why I never take photos with a cheap camera/flash. As mentioned above, somehow my name got tagged with the photo and I've alerted our tech genius Crystal Cross of the situation.

If I use flash [which is very seldom], I will use it off camera and attach an off camera cord to it. Guess what? No orbs. If a spirit wants to be photographed, they'll show themselves anyway and won't show go through a questionable orb, taken with a cheap camera.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2011 16:06 #2 by techguy32
Replied by techguy32 on topic Re: Dust in the air
In my opionion 99.9% of (ORB) pics are dust or insects. In our team we call them 'Light Anomalies' as saying 'ORB' kind of means its something spiritual.

The appearence of these things in pictures really came common with the birth of digital photography. Unfortunately there is something about the CCD Chip in a camera that loves to pick them up. The poorer the quailty of camera the more likely it will pick up dust particals. (Well thats what we find) We have reached the stage now where we bin almost 100% of 'Orb' style pics off.

Sometimes you find ones on your DVR Cams that seem to have little trails behind them. This is usually down to the fact that an insect has flown past the Cam and the frame rate of the DVR is not enough to capture it real time so it leaves a trail behind it. Kinda like what you get if you do long exposure photography and wave a light infront of the camera.

Steve

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Oct 2011 00:59 #3 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Dust in the air

undertaker1 wrote: I always love the pics Steve. Yes this is dust or bugs as most orbs are one of these. I think we use are minds a little too much when reviewing pictures thinking or hoping more of something being there than there really is.

Hey there UT. Thanks for commenting, but I didn't take the photo. Lol. I talked to CC today and told him my name was on a couple of threads that I didn't start; this being one of them.

I like your photo man; been workin' out? Lol.

More
05 Oct 2011 21:42 #4 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Dust in the air
I always love the pics Steve. Yes this is dust or bugs as most orbs are one of these. I think we use are minds a little too much when reviewing pictures thinking or hoping more of something being there than there really is.

More
05 Oct 2011 11:54 #5 by David97504
Dust in the air was created by David97504
Discuss photo: Dust in the air

Dust in the air

Details
by David97504 13 years ago
in Investigational Photos
Some will say orbs, I say probably dust or bugs in the air
0 0

Dust in the air

Details
by David97504 13 years ago
in Investigational Photos
Some will say orbs, I say probably dust or bugs in the air
0 0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds

Features