Login

Videos

Evidence Photo

More
23 Sep 2011 05:35 - 23 Sep 2011 05:36 #1 by osty
Replied by osty on topic Re: Evidence Photo
It is very odd! Love the picture! I must say it is hard sometimes to just look at one piece of information from an investigation, I guess it makes me want to ask more and see more of the investigation. :)
Last edit: 23 Sep 2011 05:36 by osty. Reason: added comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2011 05:32 #2 by GVC
Replied by GVC on topic Re: Evidence Photo
I looked at the eight other photos in that time frame and there is no variation in the photos to suggest movement. Our video didn't pick up any movement either for the time frame recorded, nothing on audio, either. I don't know what to say, odd can't even begin to describe it. Thank you all for your feed back. Having sounding boards really helps. Thank you!

More
22 Sep 2011 18:16 #3 by osty
I guess what I was asking was not fully clear. When you look at the 9 photos, are they all on the same focal point or does it show before or after this picture that the camera may have moved. I think it is a great catch and shows some great possibilities of this location.

More
22 Sep 2011 17:50 #4 by GVC
No, like I said before this was only only photo with any type of movement in it. Something set off the camera and this photo was number 4. The ones before it & after it no movement across the pic. Even if the camera moved, what moved it? No one was in the house at this time. This was on day 2 of our investigation and we were in another building. We also had a dvr set up in the house and we looked all the footage and no one was in there until we came to collect our gear.

More
22 Sep 2011 17:24 #5 by osty
In that set of 9 photos what number photo was this? Do any of the other photos show that the camera had moved? I agree that it looks like it was snapped while the camera was in motion of some sort. The motion action also kind of goes along with that. The question then comes in to what caused the motion.

More
22 Sep 2011 13:08 #6 by GVC
OMG do they ever screw with our cameras. Yes it is digital. The camera is motion activated, anything moving in front of it; it snaps nine one second pics in a row and out of the nine; this one was the only one all screwy. Got to love it when spirits screw with your equipment. On our last shoot they screwed with our video camera, 20 minutes filmed upside down and yet nothing was filmed. Mind blowing to say the least.

More
22 Sep 2011 12:50 #7 by Wes_Forsythe
Replied by Wes_Forsythe on topic Re: Evidence Photo
I've not seen that happen since the days of film cameras. It's as though the shutter malfunctioned as the film was fed through. I assume this is a digital capture though so that goes out the window doesn't it.

I would personally still call it a malfunction. But since it is an usual malfunction I think what could have caused it is the interesting part. Since the lower part of the frame is in clear focus and the top part of the frame has a motion blur of the background (like camera movement - not indicative of something passing in front of it), it wouldn't seem to be caused by something simply moving in front of the lens.

Ghosts are believed to mess with other electrical equipment so who says they can't screw up a camera.

More
22 Sep 2011 12:37 #8 by GVC
It was on a tripod. Sitting static across from the stuffed dog. NO one there, no one touching it.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Sep 2011 12:27 #9 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Evidence Photo
What are we looking for here? I'm just wondering; as it looks more like camera shake than anything. If it is, you may want to use a tripod in the future. Nice content though.

More
22 Sep 2011 04:49 #10 by GVC
Evidence Photo was created by GVC
Discuss photo: Evidence Photo

Evidence Photo

Details
by GVC 13 years ago
in FLIR / IR / UV Photos
Evidence from the Galloway house. This is taken with a steth camera sitting stat...
0 0

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds

Features