Login

Videos

Trying to debunk ghostly face.

More
21 Sep 2011 19:14 #1 by Wes_Forsythe
While the artifact shows up in the second photo, you might also note that the camera angle (based on measuring the flash point from the edge of the door) is slightly different. So any conclusion based on what was in the first photo versus the second is flawed. Since the camera angles changes slightly the flash point on the window moves and the curtain is illuminated differently.

I never say what is or isn't in a photo. All any of us can do is point out other possibilities that should be weighed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2011 17:33 #2 by osty
I see the area you are talking about but I am still drawn to call it a matrixing.

More
21 Sep 2011 17:31 #3 by DolphinM31
Scott,

I reviewed both of your photos. I'm not sure if I a see a face. What I do see is what might be a play of light from the flash against the curtain or a light source from outside. Could it be possible that as you were taking the photo a car with its headlights was passing by and the light from the headlight and the light from flash made the illusion of a face in the window.

Sandra

More
21 Sep 2011 17:10 #4 by Reignvisual
Here is the 2nd photo I posted in the sequence with what looks to be a face circled. I should've been more clear about where I was looking in my initial post.

As you can see if you refer to the sequence above, there is clearly something in the 2nd photo that was not there in the 1st. It looks flesh-toned, with the forhead and hairline defined. Where the eyes would be appear in shadow and the rest off the face fades out.

I am an experienced paranormal investigator and am well aware of mind tricks and pareidolia. I am also a professional photographer so light refraction is kinda my specialty. Both photos were taken within a minute from virtually the exact same angle. Light refraction should be the same in both photos.

Let me know if this photo helps and any other ideas you may have.
Attachments:

More
21 Sep 2011 11:52 #5 by Wes_Forsythe
I looked at the photo sequence before I read the description. This allows me to have my own pareidolia experience before getting influenced. I in fact saw a face or two elsewhere in the curtains. Mine have facial features so I guess I win.

Textures do that to us. Even if there is something there, it is impossible to validate. Once doubt is established...you know the rest.
Attachments:

More
21 Sep 2011 05:50 #6 by osty
Scott,

Not sure where in the photo you are seeing the face. If it is above the flash, it looks like it might be a play of light on the pattern in the lace fabric that makes it look like a face. But also with the flash, you are going to get a mirror effect on the window, so it may be a mix of the curtain and other reflections causing the face look. Remember, the mind likes to make comfortable things like faces out of things it can not process.

More
21 Sep 2011 05:10 #7 by Reignvisual
How you doing, everyone.

I'm a new member, having just joined a few days ago. I have a photo I'd like to show you all from an investigation earlier this year and would like some feedback, as my group and I have beeen unable to debunk it.

While investigating a Bed & Breakfast in Wisconsin, I snapped approx 200 photos. The 2nd to last photo taken is posted below. As you can see, it's taken down a hallway towards a 2nd floor window. There is no balcony outside and the window is approx 30 feet off the ground. There is nothing out of the ordinary in this photo:

The very last photo I took that night, was taken approx 1 minute after the prior one, and looks like this:

Now there appears to be a ghostly face in the window. It's not my reflection, as you can see the flash from my camera, which was at my eye level, in the window. Also, although what appears to be a forehead and hairline visible, there is no facial features, and no body under the face. A close up is here:

We have thought of everything, and have ruled out reflections from people, pictures on the wall, anything outside, etc. I'm not sure what else this could be. I am not quick to rule anyhting as Paranormal in origin, but may have to in this case.

Any suggestions? Any of you had similar experiences you were able to debunk which could help me in this case.

Thanks so much!

I look forward to continues discussions with you all.

Take care -

Scott
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.451 seconds

Features