Login

Videos

Photo 320

More
06 Jun 2011 04:25 #1 by JazBrie
Replied by JazBrie on topic Photo 320
You are good :) Thank you for looking at the pic for me.. I must admit I am kind of bummed, but such is life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2011 02:58 - 06 Jun 2011 03:00 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Photo 320
I believe what you're looking at here is lens flare. Lens flare is caused when some bright object (in this case the lights on the top) are reflected off the optics in your camera and create repeating images of that object, often out of focus. In this case the repeats of the light are amazingly in focus.

Here's what I've done to illustrate whats going on, I've drawn a red line through the strange lights at the bottom. Notice how they create a ray that points towards the lights on the top.

You can see above that the red lines point to the lights on the top. This is a clear indication that the source of the light is coming from lens flare.

But just to make sure, I also zoomed in on the flare itself, and you can clearly see that its an inverted (upside down) version of the light bulbs above.

This is likely caused by the particular camera that you're using. It very likely has some very curved optics or lenses in it. Also the dark room and very bright lights are the perfect environment for lens flare to happen.
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jun 2011 03:00 by crystalcross.

More
06 Jun 2011 02:37 #3 by JazBrie
Photo 320 was created by JazBrie
Discuss photo: Photo 320

Details
by JazBrie 13 years ago
in Orbs or Strange lights
I took many pics at Hearst Castle last weekend and I had to take 2 because of th...
0 0

Details
by JazBrie 13 years ago
in Orbs or Strange lights
I took many pics at Hearst Castle last weekend and I had to take 2 because of th...
0 0

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds

Features