Login

Videos

Photo 1335

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 Sep 2012 03:05 #1 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Photo 1335
True Josh, you can't present a feeling without evidence of the same. On the other hand, you can have evidence without feelings; although I think the feeling will be there, but I'm just making a point.

I think the "intuitive" side is the icing on the evidence cake.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2012 20:24 #2 by BHPI Josh
Replied by BHPI Josh on topic Re: Photo 1335

normanglasser1 wrote: I'm sorry you feel that way. The groups that I'm active with I try to do 5 to 10 private residential investigation per month always have had positive reactions from our clients but then again we don't collect proof we collect data and present that to the client. and then they determine.

First off, don't patronize me with that "sorry that you feel that way" just because it's a different outlook than yours. We allow people to feel and believe whatever it is that they want. We simply do not use feelings as evidence. People come to BHPI looking for us to investigate whether or not paranormal activity is taking place. That's something we don't think can be quantified by a feeling. We do investigate private residences as well as public and private businesses. As a group we cannot bring ourselves to tell someone that we feel a male presence here when we have no way of backing that up. If we feel that way and we have an EVP of a male, that's way different. We don't discount feelings or personal experiences. We don't write them off. We use them if we can back it up somehow with tangible evidence or data as you put it. I do take exception to the way you've seemingly pigeon holed our opinion here and portrayed it. If it's not intentional then no worries, but it seems as if because it's different than how you handle things, it's wrong somehow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Sep 2012 20:23 #3 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Photo 1335

crystalcross wrote: Well "Proof" and "Data" really are much the same thing. Coming from the Media industry I can tell you that whenever something is presented its always presented with some "Slant" to it. The opinions of the presenter are always (be it intentionally or not) present and skewing the image of the results. I think the most neutral we can hope to be is to skew it equally in all directions. Which is in some small hope what I am trying to do here, and that's to allow fresh eyes to see and interpret, and perhaps make that the new baseline.

I agree CC. I think Norm and Josh both have good points; both of which can be used differently. I think the "gut", our intuition is a very strong way of gathering information. I think that aspect can be used in part of the story of the investigation. At the same time, the "gut" feeling can't be used in a photo for instance; to say what something is. When it comes to evidence in a photo, I think Josh is right as we owe it to the public to photographically document something that people can say "there's something to that." At the same time however, I think that Norm's idea of intuition playing a part really should be added as well to the investigative documentary.

More
10 Sep 2012 19:48 #4 by normanglasser1
Replied by normanglasser1 on topic Re: Photo 1335
All I'm saying is not to close the door on anything when it comes to the paranormal when you think you understand something it will make you rethink. In science we ask how in the paranormal we ask why

More
10 Sep 2012 18:36 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Photo 1335
Well "Proof" and "Data" really are much the same thing. Coming from the Media industry I can tell you that whenever something is presented its always presented with some "Slant" to it. The opinions of the presenter are always (be it intentionally or not) present and skewing the image of the results. I think the most neutral we can hope to be is to skew it equally in all directions. Which is in some small hope what I am trying to do here, and that's to allow fresh eyes to see and interpret, and perhaps make that the new baseline.

More
10 Sep 2012 17:54 #6 by normanglasser1
I'm sorry you feel that way. The groups that I'm active with I try to do 5 to 10 private residential investigation per month always have had positive reactions from our clients but then again we don't collect proof we collect data and present that to the client. and then they determine.

More
10 Sep 2012 17:17 #7 by BHPI Josh
The "feeling" of something there isn't proof or evidence though. I guess it does depend on how the group goes about their investigating as well as the client. The clients that we have investigated for are looking for something more tangible. We do utilize feelings if there is something that can be documented that coincides with that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo

More
10 Sep 2012 17:04 #8 by normanglasser1
great photo is it paranormal ? everyone is either after evps or pictures .everyone has forgotten the gut instinct. what did you feel when you took the picture? After going with so many groups I have observed a pattern no one goes around recording their feelings example I feel the present of a male standing here write it down don't tell the others see what their reactions are you might be surprised. many times they will confirm your feelings, is this hard evidence ? even if the K2 meter isn't going off this doesn't mean that it didn't occur. best of luck.

More
09 Sep 2012 16:41 #9 by BHPI Josh
The spot on the left is intriguing. However there are a few reflective surfaces with the vehicle there. It's hard to say for sure!

More
08 Sep 2012 15:14 #10 by DolphinM31
Photo 1335 was created by DolphinM31
Discuss photo: Photo 1335

Details
by steelreality 12 years ago
in General Investigation Photographs
Bright lighted orb peeking out from behind the tree on the left.
0 0

Details
by steelreality 12 years ago
in General Investigation Photographs
Bright lighted orb peeking out from behind the tree on the left.
0 0

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds

Features