Login

Videos

Haunted YMCA

More
28 May 2012 18:36 #1 by kitty
Replied by kitty on topic Re: Haunted YMCA
great capture. woulf like to know history of the ymca. where was it built? how old is the ymca? the building or the site where it was built could be very significant. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 May 2012 18:21 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Haunted YMCA

crystalcross wrote: So, I looked at this image because it intrigued me. The EXIF data is consistent with an original photograph taken with a Sony camera. I wish the optics on the camera were a bit better and the digital CCD since much of the resolution gained in this photograph is done through digital magnification within the camrea. When you go to native pixel mode you can see that there is a great deal of dithering and dot shift.

This is not any sign of foul play, but rather just a camera trying to increase resolution where the physical optics don't support it.

What does all this mean? It means I can't get too much detail, not much more than what you're seeing in the lower resolution thumbnail.

Now onto the content. Very interesting, I think you are all correct it looks like smoke or mist. That's not to imply that its neither paranormal nor non-paranormal. I do find it interesting that the vapor trail on the right shooting downward appears to be forcibly pulled downward even though there is no visible source which would naturally do that.

The vapor/smoke source seems to be somewhat in the near-field. In other words its closer than the closest point in the railing. However the whispy parts of the mist/cloud do seem to extend past the railing into the center of the room area.

This would preclude any source such as exhaling on a cold day or a smoker taking the picture. Since the feature extends well beyond the area which such a source could reach.

Also if we look at the EXIF data we can see that the entire picture was snapped in roughly 2/100ths of a second. So the likelyhood of it just being some object which traversed the camera's path, changed direction, and created patterns is very slim to NONE.

I would have to say its a very interesting image. I would like to see some corroborating data. No evidence can be an island. For this to be a viable and document-able result I would like to see some information such as ambient temperature if you have it. EMF readings if you have them. Were any EVP's caught during the time of this picture. What's the history of the location. Any sensitives in the area during the picture and did they sense anything? Were any video cameras recording during this which can verify the results or corroborate the environment.

Either way its a cool picture.

What if they had their flash set at rear curtain sync?

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 May 2012 18:13 - 28 May 2012 18:15 #3 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Haunted YMCA
A neat photo which I will have to look at a little more. In the meantime, I've called in some experts:

Last edit: 28 May 2012 18:15 by Steven Matrix.

More
28 May 2012 17:16 #4 by cathiem2273
Replied by cathiem2273 on topic Re: Haunted YMCA
Thanks for you opinion! Actually we didn't see this when we took the picture,and the one before and after , the pic, didn't have anything like that in them, I can remember I felt like someone whispered or breathed in my ear. And yes, we got some evps, but it was in the basement.
The story goes , that a man in 1973 got stabbed to death during a robbery, it used to be small appartments up there, on the third floor. And another death was in the swimming pool were a man died of a apparent heart attack . And another death was reported in the basement with a woman dieing in the hot tub.

More
28 May 2012 16:23 #5 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Haunted YMCA
So, I looked at this image because it intrigued me. The EXIF data is consistent with an original photograph taken with a Sony camera. I wish the optics on the camera were a bit better and the digital CCD since much of the resolution gained in this photograph is done through digital magnification within the camrea. When you go to native pixel mode you can see that there is a great deal of dithering and dot shift.

This is not any sign of foul play, but rather just a camera trying to increase resolution where the physical optics don't support it.

What does all this mean? It means I can't get too much detail, not much more than what you're seeing in the lower resolution thumbnail.

Now onto the content. Very interesting, I think you are all correct it looks like smoke or mist. That's not to imply that its neither paranormal nor non-paranormal. I do find it interesting that the vapor trail on the right shooting downward appears to be forcibly pulled downward even though there is no visible source which would naturally do that.

The vapor/smoke source seems to be somewhat in the near-field. In other words its closer than the closest point in the railing. However the whispy parts of the mist/cloud do seem to extend past the railing into the center of the room area.

This would preclude any source such as exhaling on a cold day or a smoker taking the picture. Since the feature extends well beyond the area which such a source could reach.

Also if we look at the EXIF data we can see that the entire picture was snapped in roughly 2/100ths of a second. So the likelyhood of it just being some object which traversed the camera's path, changed direction, and created patterns is very slim to NONE.

I would have to say its a very interesting image. I would like to see some corroborating data. No evidence can be an island. For this to be a viable and document-able result I would like to see some information such as ambient temperature if you have it. EMF readings if you have them. Were any EVP's caught during the time of this picture. What's the history of the location. Any sensitives in the area during the picture and did they sense anything? Were any video cameras recording during this which can verify the results or corroborate the environment.

Either way its a cool picture.

More
28 May 2012 06:52 #6 by silentarts
Replied by silentarts on topic Haunted YMCA
This is an absolutely amazing find!

More
28 May 2012 03:46 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys
It does sort of look like an abstract horse with person standing beside it reaching out to grasp the reigns as if to lead it around.

More
28 May 2012 00:57 #8 by Peek-A-Boo
Replied by Peek-A-Boo on topic Re: Haunted YMCA
feels like a rider on a horse

More
28 May 2012 00:53 #9 by bossyroofer
Replied by bossyroofer on topic Re: Haunted YMCA
looks alot like the photo in one of my old post.

spirits of soldiers?

More
28 May 2012 00:40 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
It's definitely not smoke. Just way too dense and defined. I may not be a professional photographer but I used to be a professional pyro (in a laboratory setting) and that definitely is not smoke, from cigarettes or otherwise.

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds

Features