Login

Videos

Bug or Orb - Investigation 9/17 - IRCam

More
26 Sep 2011 00:13 #1 by Ghost-Fairy
this house is spotless. (i was there too). that room was an active room also. i heard 2 knocks during investigation. beautiful home tho' & we have fun w/ the investigation!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2011 23:47 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Bug or Orb - Investigation 9/17 - IRCam

crystalcross wrote: Very curious this one. This is from the Main IRCam#1 video. You can watch the video in its entire length as well. Its at time index 21:30pm.

There are two objects which at first appear to be bugs. But the tend to vanish and they are not exiting the field of the IR source. Interesting. Still tend to want to call them bugs.

The video has been slowed down so you can see it better, and in the second half of the video I've zoomed in on the area where the objects were seen.

Maybe one of your investigators flatulated; but I'm not saying who. :sick:

More
25 Sep 2011 21:54 #3 by Wes_Forsythe
Nope. Just spent enough hours debunking my own bug collection to do a little research and a lot of putting two and two together.

More
25 Sep 2011 21:31 #4 by crystalcross

Wes_Forsythe wrote: As the bug turns or rotates, his reflection profile will change and it will seem to fade from view even though it is still in frame.

Much like the old WWII radar and sonar profiles. Changes and almost disappears as the bogie pitches and roles. Excellent point there!

Which could explain the "2nd" bug, because its spiraling towards the camera and downward, as it rotates back into the plane of most reflection its visible again as a 2nd bug.

Were you in the Air force by chance?

More
25 Sep 2011 21:18 #5 by Wes_Forsythe
Actually it's a pretty common occurance that makes sense when you think about it. The brightness of a bug in IR light has a lot to do with the reflective surface of the bug. Depending on the way the bug is oriented to the camera, a digital "area of confusion" is created enhancing the bug's apparent brightness in the light. As the bug turns or rotates, his reflection profile will change and it will seem to fade from view even though it is still in frame.

More
25 Sep 2011 21:06 #6 by crystalcross
I tend to agree with you. I just thought it a bit strange that they vanished. With the IR light source I had they should not have vanished, but rather gotten brighter. But as I said, I tend to be with you on the assessment.

Orbs = Rare
Bugs = Common

More
25 Sep 2011 21:03 #7 by osty
Bug you can see the wing movement

More
25 Sep 2011 21:02 #8 by crystalcross
Very curious this one. This is from the Main IRCam#1 video. You can watch the video in its entire length as well. Its at time index 21:30pm.

There are two objects which at first appear to be bugs. But the tend to vanish and they are not exiting the field of the IR source. Interesting. Still tend to want to call them bugs.

The video has been slowed down so you can see it better, and in the second half of the video I've zoomed in on the area where the objects were seen.

More
25 Sep 2011 21:00 #9 by crystalcross
Discuss video: Bug or Orb - Investigation 9/17 - IRCam

This is a small portion of the full length videos I uploaded from the 9/17 investigation. My first thought was to call these two things bugs. But its interesting how they appear in a pair and they vanish. The only source of IR was directly in front of the camera, so they didn't just pass out of the IR field. I still want to call them bug-orbs, but it does leave a bit of curiosity.

Media type
0:16

Details
by crystalcross 13 years ago
in Investigational Videos
This is a small portion of the full length videos I uploaded from the 9/17 inves...
0 0

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds

Features