Login

Videos

Haunted Apartment

More
12 Apr 2011 02:49 #21 by marlenafell
Replied by marlenafell on topic Re: Haunted Apartment
So as I read this, I had to get up and close my closet door because it gave me the creeps! I tend to believe that when a person dies, they're dead and what we consider ghosts and such is the past bleeding through, etc. (Paul Eno's thinking basically). Your story scared me though. When I was younger, about 16 to 17 years old and lived in the basement of a North Dakota home (on an Indian reservation), I had several encounters with some evil thing living down there. Basements scare the hell out of me anyway. The face in the window in your story reminded me of this one night in my basement. I shared it with one of my sisters and I was on the computer (all the lights were off) and I was messing around on the internet. It was about 1 or 2 AM.

The house was laid out like this: the living room was above our side of the basement and the front door of the house was slightly to the right of our ONE window. Also, I had four younger sisters up stairs and a step mother. The twins were 2 at the time and the little girls were 5 and 7 I believe. Anyway, parents and twins room, right next to the front door on the first floor, above our basement dungeon.

So I am sitting there, messing around on the computer and I hear the loudest banging noise I've ever heard, it sounded like someone was hitting the front door with a bat. It scared the crap out of me. I turned off the light and crawled into bed and just prayed it was stupid kids playing a prank.

I laid there for a bit, terrified. It was silent. I couldn't hear anything. Then the banging started again. Then I heard footsteps walking around. The weird thing is that the twins (who were still babies) didn't wake up at all and they were not sound sleepers. The next day, I asked my stepmother if she heard that banging because I didn't hear anyone get up or anything and she said she heard nothing at all.

I think that some of us are simply more prone to attracting entities. Sometimes they want to play with us, sometimes they want to scare us and eat our fear. Thanks for your story! Brought back memories (scary, scary memories. )

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2011 02:31 - 11 Apr 2011 02:31 #22 by GhostFilmMaker
My wife and I used to live in St George UT and didn't have a lot of options for apartments back then, so we found an old apartment that looked fairly livable. We were hoping to get something nice and comfortable, but instead we got the basement suite. Now this wasn't the usual basement suite like you'd see online in an apartment real estate website, this was closed in with only one window in the living room. The bedroom was the living room, the bathroom was part of the kitchen and things were very cramped it seemed. It seemed more of a bomb shelter than a basement. Anyway, from the moment we moved in, we felt like something else was there. We felt something watching us. Now both of us are ghost freaks and we thought it was just our imaginations at work. Things seemed normal for the first week of being there, but that Sunday night, things began to change, for the worst.

That night, my wife and I were sleeping soundly and I was awoken by a scratching noise at the window. I thought maybe it was a cat, but when I looked up at the window, I didn't see anything. I disregarded it and went back to sleep. Again, later, another scratching, and another, and another. Finally I turned again and looked over at the window and that is when I saw it. A face was peering back at me through the window. From what I saw, it looked like an old woman or man, but wasn't sure. It's eyes were blackened, it's hair was frazzled and messed and it looked very very angry. Within the two seconds of seeing it, it vanished. I wasn't sure what I saw, so I went back to sleep. A few hours later, I heard what sounded like a shuffling across the floor right in front of the bed. I looked up again but didn't see anyone. The next morning, I asked my wife if she had seen anything or heard anything and she said that she heard the same noises I did. After we talked about it, we decided to ask the landlord about what happened there. He didn't have much information only that an elderly person used to live there at one point. It seemed that day after day and night after night we were having some kind of paranormal experience there. We then tried having the place blessed and even tried sage at one point thanks to our neighbor who seemed to be very hesitant on talking about the place, but nothing helped.

One night, my wife was laying in the bed and I was on the couch on the other side of the room. The only light was from the laptop and there was a mirror that was on the bathroom door which was right next to the bed. From the bed, she said she could see me working on the laptop. Suddenly she said that she saw my face look up at her in the mirror and smile very maliciously. She said it was almost like an evil face appeared over the top of mine. It freaked her out so much, that she started screaming. I ran over to her and she told me what she saw. Now, at the same time she saw the face, I swear I felt someone there, almost like they were right on top of me or something. I remember later, when I went back to work on the laptop, I heard a very faint and muffled voice speaking to me, but I couldn't understand what it was saying. It sounded like 'Who are you' or 'Who am I'. Trying to ignore it, I focused on the laptop when I saw the very same face my wife had seen earlier right next to the laptop. It was hard to recognize seeing that the only light was from the laptop and when you have the light blaring in your face like that, it's hard to see anything else in the background. This face peered out from the darkness right at me.

Other incidents were, we would hear footsteps in the kitchen, lights would go on and off and we even heard the shower go on by itself. Another time when I was in the bathroom, I turned and noticed what looked like a face on the doorknob. Now we all know the doorknob can give off a lot of different refractions of light and reflections from everything in the room, so I thought it was just something in the background, that is, until it moved. It looked like someone looking at me in the reflection of the doorknob, then moved very quickly away. The place has had quite a history as far as what we found out and we are still unsure of who actually lived there before we did. I remember another incident where my wife and I were driving past the apartment. The apartment stairs head downward into the apartment itself, so you can see when someone is walking up and down the steps from the road. As we were driving by, we saw what looked like someone standing at the top of the steps, then slowly turning to walk down the steps into our apartment. We knew it wasn't our neighbor since she was gone for the week, so we went back to check and our door was wide open, after we locked it before we left of course. We went inside and no one was inside. The managers couldn't have done it since they were gone that week too. No one else has a key to that apartment so who walked down into our suite? Baffled and a little freaked out at this point, we began looking for other apartments and spent the entire day out. We got back and the door was open again from it being locked again, and our stuff was pushed towards the door (not kidding). Almost like someone or something was saying 'Get Out'.

Luckily, later that week, our apartment flooded because of all the rain and snow outside and it began an electrical fire. So the city condemned it and deemed it 'unlivable' to the public, so we were forced out of there. Another strange incident was when the fire chief and his assistant were searching the apartment for heat signatures in case there was a fire somewhere, they stopped at one particular spot in the wall. I could hear the fire chief whisper to his assistant, 'Do you see that face, who is that?' My wife and I just stood there staring at each other not saying another word. Now mind, you we never told them about the apartment or what we experienced in it. We never figured out who it was living there or who lived there before but someone or something was there and still there to my knowledge. I have never in my life experienced such a place before and to this day, that place will remain in our thoughts forever a mystery.

In the picture is our apartment in st george utah. It is the one that leads downstairs. Look at the 2nd pole and just to the left and down towards the bottom, you can see a head of someone. Now there is no way that it could have been anyone since the stairs at the point where already leading downward and that is like a 10 foot drop down where the head is.

Google Maps
Last edit: 11 Apr 2011 02:31 by GhostFilmMaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 2.157 seconds

Features