Login

Videos

Where do I go from here?

• Beasy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Jan 2012 19:16 #1 by Beasy
Replied by Beasy on topic Re: Where do I go from here?
Hi Brookelyn, glad to hear you are feeling good! Something tells me you've found your community right here by the look of it! How great to find someone like kirlybab to help you out. Keep us informed about how you're getting on. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2012 23:45 #2 by kirlybab

Brookelyn wrote: Hello Everyone!!

I'm new to the site. I'm on a quest for answers to what is happening to me. As far back as I can remember I've always been extremely aware of other peoples emotions, and moods. Not every person that I come across, but alot of them. Sometimes other peoples emotions are so strong that it becomes a little overwhelming for me. I never really thought about it being some sort of special ability.

What you are describing is called Empathy. I too am like this. I wonder if I have been considered depressive (amoung other things) because of this ability....

I too am looking for answers. What you need to do to shield yourself from the overwhelmed feeling is to get publications on psychic protection. I can't remember the name of the one I am reading right now that I have found extremely helpful. It is called "Practical Protection Magick". I don't remember who it is by at the moment, but it available through Llewellyn Publications and is a recent addition to their excellent selection of all kinds of paranormal and supernatural publications.

My main email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Feel free to email me and I will also be able to give you the first things I learned to use to protect myself which are very simple meditation techniques. I also know a few simple meditations that you can use to clean out your system when you feel that "pulled down" feeling.

I do not charge for any advice I give, and I never will. Part of the Wiccan Credo: We do not charge for our services. I live by it to the best of my ability.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
03 Jan 2012 14:10 #3 by Brookelyn
Hi Beasy!!

Welcome to the site! Right now I feel great. Yesterday was a little emotionally exhausting. The family and I took a trip to Cabela's and there were so many people in there as soon as I walked in the door I was blasted by so many emotions. By the time we left I was completely exhausted and had a headache, I slept the whole ride home and was in bed by 10p lastnight. I refuse to let my sensitivity get the best of me. I don't want to shut my gift off completely, I want to be able to use it and control it. I do feel alot better now that I have found this site and have been able to talk about it and read other posts. It has opened me up in the sense that Im not scared to communicate with the woman I see in my house and I'm not scared of all the crazy emotions I feel when I'm in large groups of people anymore. When I feel her around me or I see her I actually talk to her now. I used to just ignore her before. She never says anything back. I would really like to find out why she is here. Maybe she is my guardian angel, or maybe she is my daughters guardian angel since I didn't actually start seeing her till I brought Lilyana home from the hospital. I would love to be able to find people in and around my community with the same gift but I don't even know where to begin to look.

Thank you for responding!!! :cheer:

• Beasy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Jan 2012 10:29 #4 by Beasy
Replied by Beasy on topic Re: Where do I go from here?
Hi Brookelyn,
I'm new to the site and browsing around I found this thread. I was wondering how you are feeling at the moment? It's just that you reminded me of a close friend of mine - I guess she is what would be described as a 'sensitive'. She went through a long period of feeling very similar to you and got to the point where she could barely go out of the house. It was only after talking to someone she realised that it was linked to the death of her grandmother, who she was extremely close to. She told me that she woke up the following morning and was able to go out again and has never looked back! That's why I wondered if you felt any better talking about your gift on this site? You sound like you have a guardian angel watching over you too!

More
22 Dec 2011 22:24 #5 by Brookelyn
Thank you for the tips. It's so hard to find excatly what you want on the internet about this stuff. I haven't run across very many good sites so far. I never even thought about saying a little prayer......... :lol:

More
20 Dec 2011 13:59 #6 by dancingwater
Hi Brookelyn!
I have the exact same 'gift' and for lack of a better word, I call it 'empathy'. Something that really helped me was a book called "Psychic Self Defense" by Dion Fortune. She was one of the original members of the 'Golden Dawn' mystery school and a definite light worker. Also, as Grandmaducky said surround yourself with the white light of God whenever you are feeling overwhelmed.
That said, I am still not comfortable in large crowds and honestly don't think I ever will be.
Another thing that helps me is meditation and doing yoga.
And I am grateful I have it...

More
20 Dec 2011 00:02 #7 by grandmaducky
Hi I can tell yo what works for me. I ask god to put a white light around me and i say to my self god if this is not my pain, headache, anger, ect please take it away from me and than i thank him. I don't have any skill to see spirts i just feel so i don;t have any help with talking to them but i hope this helps

More
19 Dec 2011 23:50 #8 by Brookelyn
Thank you for your reply Crystalcross!!

What you said makes ALOT of sense. I was seen by a dr. at the beginning of the year for depression and anxiety. I refused the pills they tried to put me on because I wasn't so sure it was depression. I had some of the symptoms but not enough that I thought I should be on pills for it. The medication also would not haved helped me control what was going on. I'm not a fan of taking medication, I guess I went because I was looking for another answer as to why this was happening. I think you are right, thet my body was just in overload from everything unexplained that I was feeling around me. Maybe then I wasn't willing to embrace what I am and what I can do, but I am now.

More
17 Dec 2011 17:35 #9 by crystalcross
Brooklyn,

I think you've probably come to the right place, and posted in the perfect location. I myself am not a sensitive, but I do know many here are and have faced the same issues that you're describing. It may take a bit to get a reply but I'm sure they will start trickling in.

I will say this, the fact that it has gotten more defined since you've given birth is not that unusual. There is a period of time after a child birth when the brain/body chemistry changes and makes you much more prone to such things as depression, mood changes, or other psychological changes. Its no small stretch that it could also in turn put any sensitive abilities into overdrive. Its not necessarily that the abilities themselves have increased, but rather that you've become a bit hypersensitive to them, and also your inherent ability to control them may be at a all time low. It may be linked to serotonin levels in your body being low. They're the chemicals which basically "Lubricate" the thought processes.

But I'm no professional, so I really can't say. But that would tend to explain what you're encountering. But I think you're asking the right questions, and am certain you will find an answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: malestrom

More
17 Dec 2011 17:22 #10 by Brookelyn
Hello Everyone!!

I'm new to the site. I'm on a quest for answers to what is happening to me. As far back as I can remember I've always been extremely aware of other peoples emotions, and moods. Not every person that I come across, but alot of them. Sometimes other peoples emotions are so strong that it becomes a little overwhelming for me. I never really thought about it being some sort of special ability. Last December I gave birth to a little girl, and it seems like since I gave birth my abilities have become stronger or more pronounced. I can't seem to control them anymore, and I don't just get feelings around living people anymore. Before I had my daughter I was almost certain there was a spirit in our house. Sometimes I would just feel her there, you know that feeling where someone is staring at you and all the hair starts standing up on your arms, but I would never see anything. shortly after bringing my daughter home, I started seeing the spirit. She doesn't talk to me, she doesn't scare me. In fact I find great comfort in her presence most of the time.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone to point me in the right direction. I want to know how to be able to close myself off to overwhelming emotions I get from other people. I'm finding it extremely hard to go out in large groups of people now. When I get into large groups of people now I feel ambushed and violated. I get headaches, and I get edgey. I would also like some advice on how to open myself up to communicating with the lady in my house and possible other spirits as well.

Thanks!!! :lol:

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Features