Login

Videos

The training of Gifts

More
29 Jun 2011 00:29 #1 by sixsense
Replied by sixsense on topic Re: The training of Gifts
aww, Love you to dance. You well get stronger. Just keeping working at it. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2011 00:21 #2 by dancingwater
Thanks Six,
I already feel stronger after meeting all you kindred spirits and actually was able to help 2 spirits cross over today and then helped kriss with her friend. But now am kindof wiped out from it, hopefully I will get stronger and can help you and UT with readings so you guys dont have to do it all by yourselves. Thanks so much for welcoming me. I already love you guys.

More
29 Jun 2011 00:18 #3 by dancingwater
Thanks Search, awesome to know I am not alone...*hugs*

More
28 Jun 2011 23:25 #4 by sixsense
Replied by sixsense on topic Re: The training of Gifts
I had my gifts all my life. As a child I saw spirits and just thought they were people roaming my home and streets. As I got older I realized that my friends and family didn't see what I saw. I also started to feel feelings of those I saw, whether a live or in spirit.

I tried to tell my family but to no avail. i was just seeking attention, and labeled a lair at that. Soon I shut my self off and tended to my gifts on my own.

My first mentor turned out to be my aunt. Some already know this story, I went to a family reunion and found myself sitting by one of my aunts. She grabbed my hand and smiled and said, "You have it to don't you?" I knew what she was talking about. Didn't have to ask.

From that day forward she taught me what I now know. Prayers, control, etc. When she past I felt lost, but knew she was with me.

Later on I met someone at work. She is now a very good friend. She came to me and said" You have a special gift, so do I." There our friendship grew and both learned from each other.

I still believe that as someone with abilities, I can still learn and grow. And being apart of GH has helped me tremendously. I'm not afraid to me. I can do what I do best. And yes, I can still learn.

More
28 Jun 2011 22:35 #5 by searchursoul
I can really relate to you when you talk about your life dancing waters,love the name :), I too used drugs and alcohol to shut down my abilities competely and when I got into recovery they "woke back up" I no longer live in fear and have been working with my higher self since then. So good to know I'm not alone. :) Hope to see u back in chat!

More
28 Jun 2011 21:31 #6 by dancingwater
Thanks Tresses,
I will look for the post, you are the third person to mention Ted Andrews to me so I am going to take the hint and grab some of his books.

More
28 Jun 2011 21:14 #7 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I posted a thread entitled "Fundamentals of Trance Meditation" a few days ago. If you go back a few pages (probably page 4 or 5 by now) that's my advice on honing abilities. From birth, I felt "different." I have explained it to friends before as probably how someone knows they are gay. We may not know why we're different but the feeling is there from the beginning, it just may take a while to put a label on it. Anyway, I always had experiences--first ghost I saw at 4. I had the spirits of three children follow me from our old house to our new one when we moved when I was 12. I've had precognitive dreams about major events but all of that was pretty accidental. At around age 14 I started to work on it using some books that I bought in Provincetown, MA by an author named Ted Andrews. While I don't follow those books strictly, I have since developed a lot of my own methods. Unfortunately I can't say I'm a natural talent. I could use a lot more work but I have discovered a lot of things about myself in recent years that have made my life make a lot of sense.

More
28 Jun 2011 19:29 #8 by dancingwater
Thanks so much for that! I, too, was "different" from the time I became aware of myself but I did'nt have any family support so I basically had to stumble along alone. When I was 3 or maybe 4, I got attacked by a non-human entity and the battle lasted for years and the end result was that I just shut all my abilities down. I was too afraid to use any of it. I used alcohol and drugs to help with the shutting down and ended up in recovery almost 19 years ago. After I got sober my abilities just "woke up" one day and I ended up at this metaphysical bookstore in Denver, completely hysterical and the owner steered me to a book by Dion Fortune called 'Psychic Self-Defense' which really saved my behind. I have studied wicca, meditation, and most recently done some classes with the Modern Mystery School. I am much stronger now but still so afraid...I hope being around all of you will help me to process the fear so I can use what I believe God (or the Universe) gave me.

More
28 Jun 2011 19:13 #9 by GeekNHeels
Hello all!
Let me start by saying I am a Physical Medium (I can see, hear, and feel) and also a healer. God gave me my gifts at birth and at the age of 3 I was speaking to my deceased relatives. I never knew clearly what I was until I was seventeen. But throughout that time I would also see red, green, and yello orbs always at night. I would often get "funny" or "strange" feelings when I was supposed to go out. Whenever I had those feelings I would stay home, it was a good thing I stayed home because something always bad happened at the party or event I was supposed to be at. When I was seventeen my mother was gaving difficulties and she went to see a Mexican healer, a Curandero. The Curandero told my mother that I had "la Don" which in translation is a Phys. Medium/Healer. I practiced with him for six months but things began to darken...
I went to this other Curandero as a second opinion like one would when going to a doctor. It turns out my first Mentor wanted me powers (because I was very strong/so I have been told by many) and in taking my powers that meant to kill me. So I had to go through many rituals to save myself, Mother, and Father..
In the process of all of that my Mother had this friend who was very jealous of her and hired FOUR witches to go after her..
We enlisted the help of a witch from Mexico to help us with my mother's problem.. I learned from this witch many things... But because I started getting help from this witch my second Curarndero got angry and stopped talking to me..
Well a year ago the witch and my parents got into an agrument so we all stopped talking..
It seems like there was a force always trying to push against me for me not to learn, but I have always had this feeling that my place in the world is helping others either by removing bad entities, or helping spirits move on. This is what I want to do and I will find a way to strengthen my gifts. A lot I have learn is which witch craft; a lot of black, white, and red magic. I have worked to save people already, I have been attacked by spirits already. And at the begining of my stages of developement I find it comfreting when I imagen this huge white orb corsing from my head down to my stomach area and out of my mid section, I meditate every night, and I have found that I work better at night than during the day. I also just go to the mall or stores and observe people and their aurras..

*sorry if there's a lot of spelling mistakes*
Thanks for taking the time to read a little of my life

More
28 Jun 2011 18:51 #10 by dancingwater
Hey y'all,
What an interesting bunch we have here! Many of us have 'Gifts", some of us are trying to develop our gifts, and others are just curious as to what all the hoo-hah is about. So I thought it would be a great topic to ask "How did you train your gift"? What help did you receive, what was the most helpful, what was the least, etc. Looking forward to learning more about you...:blink:

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds

Features