Login

Videos

Benefits of Herbal Teas

More
26 Oct 2011 22:29 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys

LeslieAValentin wrote: Haven't a clue why folks go so crazy to buy all these fancy bulbs, etc. I use good ole fashion sun light. :pinch:

:) If you were to go onto google earth and punch in my address, my house would be invisible. No, my name is not Dick Cheney. I didn't have my house erased. I have so many trees on my property that my house is completely covered. Great for my heating and cooling bills, hell on the lawn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2011 22:24 #2 by crystalcross

LeslieAValentin wrote: Haven't a clue why folks go so crazy to buy all these fancy bulbs, etc. I use good ole fashion sun light.

That isn't always an option for everyone. First off not everyone lives in a house, some live in apartments. Also not every house is facing in a direction that would lend itself to good plant growth. Also as in my case, the tree cover would prevent a good portion of the light from getting inside, and trying to plant outside presents itself with an entirely different set of circumstances. For instance in my area there are a lot of Caterpillar during some seasons, and the bugs love eating the wonderful plants. Organic gardening works to some extent but not always, and insecticides well that's what we're trying to avoid in the first place.

More
26 Oct 2011 21:56 #3 by LeslieAValentin
Haven't a clue why folks go so crazy to buy all these fancy bulbs, etc. I use good ole fashion sun light. :pinch:

More
26 Oct 2011 18:54 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys

crystalcross wrote: You're right, there are some excellent grow-light and indoor green house kits available for under $60. Works great in a house and even in an apartment style environment. Can even get the hydroponic style constant circulation systems for not too much money. Can create your own little cultivation farm. For medicinal purposes only of course, and yes we're talking about lavender, nothing else! :D

CC, wouldn't you know, my husband did buy me a hydroponic plant thingamagig for my birthday last year, and the cfl bulb that came with it, which you would think would typically last 3-5 years if not longer, burned out within the first month and I still haven't gotten around to getting a new bulb for it haha.

More
26 Oct 2011 18:06 #5 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I will definitely check out Isis unbound...especially when the ad banner pops up on gnh :). Lavender from a garden store would be lovely for sachets and maybe spell work. Can't really use it for tea because the amount of pesticides they put on those plants makes them inedible. I tried to grow it but as is with my yard, everything grows except what I want to grow. Who has two brown thumbs and kills everything? >this girl< lol

More
26 Oct 2011 17:43 #6 by crystalcross
You're right, there are some excellent grow-light and indoor green house kits available for under $60. Works great in a house and even in an apartment style environment. Can even get the hydroponic style constant circulation systems for not too much money. Can create your own little cultivation farm. For medicinal purposes only of course, and yes we're talking about lavender, nothing else! :D

More
26 Oct 2011 17:10 #7 by LeslieAValentin
Another alternative would be to go to a garden store or similar place that carries plants. Cultivating your own healing garden (even indoors) is achievable and actually easy. You can start by seed or purchase a small plant - English Lavender, Chammomile, etc., and put it in your window sill or other decorative places in your home including your kitchen. There is never a shortage this way and the ingredients are on hand to brew your own tea. These plants are also fairly inexpensive thus its kind to the wallet as well.

More
26 Oct 2011 16:54 #8 by crystalcross
Yeah I looked there first (IsisUnbound) cause I know she has a lot of great stuff. And although I found several Lavender items, I didn't find the tea or leaves. Thanks!

More
26 Oct 2011 16:29 #9 by LeslieAValentin
A friend to this site as well as to the community in general, this is her website and you should be able to find loose lavender and other things you might need here.

More
26 Oct 2011 15:50 #10 by crystalcross
Tresses,

Try looking Home - Purple Haze Lavender , they seem to have quite a bit of stuff for lavender products.

Good luck!

Time to create page: 1.444 seconds

Features