Login

Videos

Starting my own group

More
10 Jun 2011 05:06 #1 by Chris1GCPI
It is difficult to get the ball rolling so to speak. FYI, the Craigslist deal will probably will get you a bunch of spam. As someone already stated, see if you can help a friend or co-worker who may be in need of your services.
Get yourself listed on websites. This one, Paranormalsocieties.com, ghostsofamerica, etc. Do you have a website? Use Yahoo, Google, and Bing to increase your web presence.
Remember, people are already scared by what they have going on in their home and are now asking a complete stranger to help them. Be professional! Look professional! & Act professional! There are enough fly by night so called ghost hunters.
Do your homework, research as much as you can about the field of the paranormal, read books and surf the web for reliable sites such as this one.
Don't give up! Best of luck to you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2011 01:24 #2 by shanwvr88
Replied by shanwvr88 on topic Re: Starting my own group
Best of luck to you and your group. Can't wait to see you start posting any evidence you get. Trust cc's advice as he's very knowledgeable and he wouldn't lead you the wrong way.

More
10 Jun 2011 00:13 #3 by crystalcross

melissa21775 wrote: Will it just appear or does it have to be approved?

Entries must be approved, but I try to approve them quickly.

More
09 Jun 2011 23:18 #4 by melissa21775
I added my group to the paranormal directory. Will it just appear or does it have to be approved?
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
09 Jun 2011 23:05 #5 by melissa21775
No I'm not charging people. They are opening up their homes to me and I couldn't charge them for it. It would just be wrong.

More
09 Jun 2011 21:18 #6 by amoonwolfe
are you CHARGING for your services? If so, please DO NOT, that's just not right!

More
09 Jun 2011 21:13 #7 by amoonwolfe
wishing you nothing but success and helpful outcomes for all the lives you touch

More
09 Jun 2011 20:00 #8 by undertaker1
Starting a new team isn't easy. I have started one and still short on members. But i have started in peoples home that know me. Since then word has got out to others about the experiences and has been going better. SSo strt off with someone you knwo and see if that helps aas well as cc advice.

More
09 Jun 2011 03:10 #9 by crystalcross
Not knowing of your initial contact and how it progressed I really can't say much.

All I can suggest is remember they're already in a vulnerable position, and first impressions do mean a lot in these situations. Different individuals are looking for different things. I would not start the initial contact with any preconceived ideas. I would suggest the initial contact with a phone call, perhaps yourself and one of your team members. Discuss what the situation is that caused them to contact you. Ask what their goal is in contacting you, and then ask if they would be willing to have an on-site consultation. Set a firm appointment. Then on the date of contact be timely and meet them with 1 or 2 at most other other team members.

At that point you can discuss what you would like to do during the investigations, you can ask them what their worries may be and work with them to set out a plan for the investigation date. Before you leave, try to set a firm date.

Just some suggestions.

More
09 Jun 2011 02:47 #10 by melissa21775
Good questions. No, I would never think to charge people. They should charge me! Just kidding. I want in the business because I really feel deep inside myself that I was put on the Earth to help people. I have my own web site that people can look at. There's not much on it at the moment, but I hope to add to it as we start to actually take on the business of ghost hunting.

I'm pretty new to paranormal research, but not the paranormal. I've been dealing with it for long time. I will try to do as you suggest and hopefully we can get started soon.

I actually had about 4 different people contact me to come into their homes. We talked and I did the interviews but after the initial contact I could never reach them again. They would ignore my phone messages and emails. So after a couple attempts I would stop calling. I don't want to be a stalker. I just don't understand why people would contact me and then not call back or take my calls.

It's really frustrating.....

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds

Features