Login

Videos

Investigation

More
08 Jan 2012 13:15 #1 by kirlybab
Replied by kirlybab on topic Re: Investigation

Here's what I believe [which is nothing more than a single opinion, not based on any known facts]; I believe that we come here for a purpose [everyone does] and I believe that since we have free will, we have the opportunities in life to say "yes" or "no" to ourselves and others as well. At the end of our lives, I think we will be shown a review of our entire life and the choices we made. I want my review to be a positive one and to know that I served others well; regardless of what popular opinion or what certain powers that be feel. Serving others means leading the way, much of the time against popular opinion.

RIght. As I have said before, it is not called a gift because it is a gift to us, it is a gift to those we use it to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2012 02:42 #2 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Investigation
Thank you all for your input on this situation. I appreciate you all and always look forward to your responses Steve. We went back Thursday the 6th to sit with them and do some review and work out a plan to do rituals of blessings and things to get this out of their home. I have a feeling that this will be a rough time it seems to be a fighter. I do have many people involved in helping with cleansings and things to fight this, i also am open to anyone's opinion on how to get rid of evil. I have my ways but you can never just depend on one thing or another. Either way we go this will be gone and we as a team and them as a family win and get their lives back to normal.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jan 2012 19:28 #3 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Investigation

crystalcross wrote:

Steven Matrix wrote: I could be on a team that was on TV if I thought their intent and honesty was of the highest level.

Steve, I agree. And honestly, having watched the advent of all the Paranormal TV shows, and watching them from start to now I personally am I firm believer their heart is (or at least at some point was) in the right place. But I have no doubt that they have great pressures to produce certain results, and as you said drive the ratings. Unfortunately its the nature of the Media beast. It doesn't always start out that way, and the intent I'm sure is certainly not to go that direction. But at some point you must make decisions, sign contracts, and move forward and if its not done carefully you can end up in a position where you lose control over the direction in which you move, and are contractual to stay in that direction for a period of time.

I'm not saying that's always the case, but I'm certain that scenario does come into play more often than not. So I really try to shy away from blaming the individuals, I guess its my nature to at least try to give them the benifit of the doubt and like to think the intentions are in the right place. But then we have the old saying about the "Good Intentions Paving company".

That is one reason why I've tried to be careful to "Keep it real" on this site. I understand that at some point when the growth of this site demands it, we will have to move in somewhat of a commercial direction. If for no other reason than to fund the future growth and up-keep. But if or when that does happen, I also want to be ever vigilant to ensure that its not at the cost of sacrificing integrity, reality, and the spirit of sharing and communication which has evolved and grown here.

I agree with you as well CC. I used to like what is now the most popular show on TV. I think the network got to them and they had to comply with a particular set of rules if they wanted to remain on TV. If they didn't agree, the network would just get someone else.

Here's what I believe [which is nothing more than a single opinion, not based on any known facts]; I believe that we come here for a purpose [everyone does] and I believe that since we have free will, we have the opportunities in life to say "yes" or "no" to ourselves and others as well. At the end of our lives, I think we will be shown a review of our entire life and the choices we made. I want my review to be a positive one and to know that I served others well; regardless of what popular opinion or what certain powers that be feel. Serving others means leading the way, much of the time against popular opinion.

Reminds me of a cool song:

More
07 Jan 2012 17:08 #4 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Investigation

Steven Matrix wrote: I could be on a team that was on TV if I thought their intent and honesty was of the highest level.

Steve, I agree. And honestly, having watched the advent of all the Paranormal TV shows, and watching them from start to now I personally am I firm believer their heart is (or at least at some point was) in the right place. But I have no doubt that they have great pressures to produce certain results, and as you said drive the ratings. Unfortunately its the nature of the Media beast. It doesn't always start out that way, and the intent I'm sure is certainly not to go that direction. But at some point you must make decisions, sign contracts, and move forward and if its not done carefully you can end up in a position where you lose control over the direction in which you move, and are contractual to stay in that direction for a period of time.

I'm not saying that's always the case, but I'm certain that scenario does come into play more often than not. So I really try to shy away from blaming the individuals, I guess its my nature to at least try to give them the benifit of the doubt and like to think the intentions are in the right place. But then we have the old saying about the "Good Intentions Paving company".

That is one reason why I've tried to be careful to "Keep it real" on this site. I understand that at some point when the growth of this site demands it, we will have to move in somewhat of a commercial direction. If for no other reason than to fund the future growth and up-keep. But if or when that does happen, I also want to be ever vigilant to ensure that its not at the cost of sacrificing integrity, reality, and the spirit of sharing and communication which has evolved and grown here.

More
07 Jan 2012 16:30 #5 by kirlybab

I could be on a team that was on TV if I thought their intent and honesty was of the highest level. Judging from what I've seen the last few years, no TV team interests me and I'm sure they don't you either.

Yeah. I guess I could be on a team that was honest. I would just be afraid that eventually they would be seduced by the hype and getting ratings.

"The Intuitive Mind is a Sacred Gift and the Rational Mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2012 15:31 - 06 Jan 2012 15:33 #6 by Steven Matrix

kirlybab wrote: I know what show you were talking about there. I admit, they aren't the greatest, but it was better when they first started. I love it when they try their hardest to debunk something that they think they can easily explain away and can't. That always makes me laugh.

I think the most funny thinga bout the show is the one who seems to know the most about what is really going on is when they take the dog with them ....

I'm glad you're okay UT. I was thinking about you a lot that nite and since then.

I agree totally. I don't think I would ever be part of a team that wa son TV. I don't believe in profiting from my abilities. Part of the Wiccan Crede is that we do not charge for services (put in easy terms). I admit that I will charge when I get my psychology degree (magick doesn't provide for everything somehow ...lol) but I will never charge to help someone who needs more than personal advice and therapy.

We aren't here to profit from our gifts. The reason they are really called gifts is because we are meant to use them to help others. The gift is to them, not us.

Well said Kirly.

I do not have a problem with people making money to cover their expenses; as long as what they are charging for is honest and true.

I even know mediums who charge for giving readings. Since some do it for a living and they are very accurate [the ones I know], I see no problem with them taking money for it. They gotta pay bills. One of our friends, however, will do it for nothing if the person has no money and needs help. I have seen where our friend needs money to come in and it always does; in part, I believe, because she helps to meet the needs of others.

I could be on a team that was on TV if I thought their intent and honesty was of the highest level. Judging from what I've seen the last few years, no TV team interests me and I'm sure they don't you either.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 15:33 by Steven Matrix.

More
06 Jan 2012 15:12 #7 by kirlybab
I know what show you were talking about there. I admit, they aren't the greatest, but it was better when they first started. I love it when they try their hardest to debunk something that they think they can easily explain away and can't. That always makes me laugh.

I think the most funny thinga bout the show is the one who seems to know the most about what is really going on is when they take the dog with them ....

I'm glad you're okay UT. I was thinking about you a lot that nite and since then.

I agree totally. I don't think I would ever be part of a team that wa son TV. I don't believe in profiting from my abilities. Part of the Wiccan Crede is that we do not charge for services (put in easy terms). I admit that I will charge when I get my psychology degree (magick doesn't provide for everything somehow ...lol) but I will never charge to help someone who needs more than personal advice and therapy.

We aren't here to profit from our gifts. The reason they are really called gifts is because we are meant to use them to help others. The gift is to them, not us.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2012 13:31 - 06 Jan 2012 13:32 #8 by Steven Matrix

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Couldn't agree more, Steven!

I think that with the mentality of helping others, a person could go far in this field. The real leaders and pioneers of this field won't be those seeking kudos and fame; they'll be those that are willing to do their part in helping other human beings and spirits. Anything less is a lie and a counterfeit of truth.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 13:32 by Steven Matrix.

More
06 Jan 2012 04:41 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Couldn't agree more, Steven!

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Jan 2012 03:15 - 06 Jan 2012 03:19 #10 by Steven Matrix

undertaker1 wrote: The joy of being a investigator is to help others understand and get rid of what is scaring them or messing with them. This should be your number one priority as a investigator. The joy of helping others in need is a great reward in itself.

Hey there UT. I like your profile pic. You been working out again? Lol. That's one of the things I've always liked about you; you're not a paranormal drama queen. It is about helping people, whether the people in the home or the spirits who may need help to cross over.

The popular people on TV are doing the opposite; helping themselves, reputations, and ratings. The funny thing is, I don't really think they know much, not from a spiritual standpoint anyway.

Case in point: a popular show came on last night about a haunted location and a woman who supposedly is there after she killed herself. Since I couldn't stomach watching it more than 5 minutes, I don't know what happened by the end. But if they followed their same protocol; which is to fill about 40 minutes [give or take time for commercials] of camera set up, segments where they suddenly get scared, parts before the commercial where they say "What was that!?", the end where they provide a few minutes of the "seconds of proof", ending in the scripted kudos to one another and "on to the next"; they filled the 40 minutes with NOTHING.

We are here to help each other. That's why we exist.

Well done UT.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 03:19 by Steven Matrix.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Features