The Templar chapel "St. Vicentejo"

• Grupo Alpha
  • Grupo Alpha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Aug 2011 23:20 #1 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: The Templar chapel "St. Vicentejo"

crystalcross wrote: Groupa Aplha,

Always love your writings, very informative and great stuff!

There is only one part I would tend to disagree with, and that is the part of the "Eye". The Templar were very persecuted, and I believe the holes were simply outlooks. The small one was most likely for a long range target, very specific. The next time you are there I would be curious to get a picture looking out through that hole. I would wager that it points to a very strategic target and perhaps a gauntlet through which potential raiders may be coming. The second, the larger one which has concentric rings. The rings are to be able to provide a wider viewing angle. The stone is very thick and because of the thickness the angle of view is very narrow unless you create increasingly wider circles as you move toward the exterior of the building. I believe it simply a portal to be able to get a wide angle view of that area, or perhaps to be able to defend the area from a protected location.

Thank you very much Crystal!

The place in question was never part of any defensive structure. The "eye" smaller is oriented toward the place mentioned in the article and see something from it, is impossible. Because from inside the chapel and there is any access to a considerable height. The "eye" bigger is smaller toward the inside, it does not seem to have been nigún time employee as you comment. However, the Templars left many puzzles to solve that we may never understand what they did ....

I am attaching a picture where you can see the position of the two "eyes." I think that image the function of "observation" were saying, is excluded. I prefer more symbolic function that we discussed in the article, but well never know ....
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2011 16:13 #2 by crystalcross
Groupa Aplha,

Always love your writings, very informative and great stuff!

There is only one part I would tend to disagree with, and that is the part of the "Eye". The Templar were very persecuted, and I believe the holes were simply outlooks. The small one was most likely for a long range target, very specific. The next time you are there I would be curious to get a picture looking out through that hole. I would wager that it points to a very strategic target and perhaps a gauntlet through which potential raiders may be coming. The second, the larger one which has concentric rings. The rings are to be able to provide a wider viewing angle. The stone is very thick and because of the thickness the angle of view is very narrow unless you create increasingly wider circles as you move toward the exterior of the building. I believe it simply a portal to be able to get a wide angle view of that area, or perhaps to be able to defend the area from a protected location.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grupo Alpha

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Aug 2011 18:01 #3 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: The Templar chapel "St. Vicentejo"
Thank you very much friends. I'm glad you liked it. a hug

More
06 Aug 2011 07:33 #4 by gnhadmin
Too much information... my head will pop one word - Janus. that is all. Ok Kassandra, Alma Matter, Sociedat, Victoria. And no nothing more ok?

KK

More
06 Aug 2011 04:41 #5 by Chris1GCPI
Great stuff! Very interesting place indeed.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Aug 2011 23:54 #6 by Grupo Alpha
The Templar chapel "St. Vicentejo" was created by Grupo Alpha
In our tour of the County road Otxate Trevino, (place of our next research) could not resist the temptation to visit one of the most emblematic Romanesque art jewelry that can be found in this region. This is the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, whose construction, design and dating are all a puzzle to scholars, although most of the theories suggest its origin in the early twelfth century, we see that there are many variables this regard. But let's learn a little more about the history and legends that are on this beautiful sanctuary, let's meet together this mysterious place:

introduction

Located approximately 18 kilometers from Vitoria Gasteiz, we find the village of San Vicentejo, although been recognized by different names throughout its history, (San Vicente, San Vicente de Olleros) finally, due to the proximity to San Vicente Sonrierra of this small town was renamed, given its demographics, with the diminutive that we all now know. Only four people walking the streets of this beautiful town surrounded by nature and sublime scenery and yet, if we headed towards the outside of it we meet a true work of art, the Ermita de la Purisima Concepcion (though formerly the known for the San Vicente) a fine example of Romanesque architecture that will surprise you from the beginning of each of its enigmatic architectural features and that since ancient times, have tried numerous stories related to the Hermetic order of the Temple even if there is to today, any documentary evidence attesting to the relationship. However as we shall see if many of its quirks make us at least, suspect on that link may have existed in reality ...

A series of Enigmas

As mentioned at the beginning of this article, the Chapel of the Immaculate Conception is surrounded by more interesting curiosities that to begin with the date of his own construction is an issue for discussion. Upon arriving there, along with the cover, the first thing the visitor sees is the following inscription:

+INE DNINRIIhVX EDIFICATVM EST hoC TEMPLVM

IN ONORE SCI VINCENCII ERA MILLESI MA C ¿C?...

That translated into our language would mean something like: On behalf of our Lord Jesus Christ, to build this temple in honor of San Vicente in the era 1200. [/ B]

Based on this indication, most experts date this work to the late twelfth century (1162 - was mil-) but there are other "voices" of enormous prestige discordant in that assessment. The illustrious Don Federico Baraibar (Vitoria, 1851 - 1918) for example, plays in his "Arts Corners" the title of this cover as "thousandth CLXXXX ERA" (1190) he looked after the first hundredth (C) five other figures, which would delay by several years the start date. To Baraibar after the second hundredth (L) is not seen nothing. Other authors doubt between the dates of 1162 and 1261, (right in the thirteenth century) even suggested the possibility that the "cover" original third hundredth had now disappeared. We can meet with other scholars who date the Hermitage in much earlier times, F. Iñiguez Almech in his treatise on "Sizes S Romanesque XII" date of 1102 remains the most likely and rejects the dates mentioned above. However as we shall see, the date of "creation" is not by far the largest of the enigmas that keep this wonderful building.

The first feeling one has when contemplating this chapel, is that it is unfinished and is in fact the construction was carried out by "two teams" distinct, his stake and head were erected by a "first" group in a much more "virtuous" in light-colored limestone and endowed the construction of a solemn and really amazing art, in fact, many experts are in different areas of the Chapel (especially in some of their capitals and in the apse of trefoil arches) important analogies with other temples of great importance as Santiago de Compostela Cathedral of Zamora, this leads us to think that some of the workers here, they could years later, also participate in the work of the Cathedral of Santiago. However, the second group of men who worked there did a much more austere and simple details, which were unknown reasons (economic, design) but there is more to contemplate and compare the main entrance with the head to realize this, however the sanctuary that does not cease to amaze us each look.

Without going any further, although as mentioned there are many elements that suggest that the chapel might have a last Templar, cite only two of its most puzzling though that if you invite all you to visit this place you to treat to discover every detail.

In tourism campaigns organized by the County Council Trevino opened the building has published. For more information about schedules see

The "eye" seen in the picture above is part of these elements "puzzling" that you want to discuss. In the chapel you can see two "eye", the first of them in one of the side walls of the sanctuary, a larger size and consists of three cylindrical cantilevers would, if we look to seal their meaning, the "cosmic egg" the beginning of creation ...

As you can see here the similarities are certainly interesting

However, it was the other "eye", the smallest and is on the roof of the apse, the most demanded our attention, not only by the meaning outlined above, but because of its location and orientation, placed directly observed with the "infinite eye" to a point that would later become one of the keys to our research Otxate .... the ruins of the Chapel of Burgond coincidence?

And finally admire the "piece" certainly most significant of all this chapel, which contains more symbolic ... "the couple tight", it can be seen in one of the most emblematic sites of our geography, San Bartolome del Rio Lobos.

In the words of the great popularizer Angel Almazan, this symbol "is the expression iconographic The Initiation of A-Mor is located in the wet of alchemy in the left lane of Tantra, the esoteric few singers sing ..."

In any case it seems clear that the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception saved countless mysteries about the origin and construction, we are not much believe in coincidences, but as we always say ... which each draw their own conclusions.

In our journey through this mysterious chapel could also make a brief but fruitful session evp, especially in light of the responses seem to offer from the "other side", we place the recorder near the door and guess our desires as if a voice says ... "open me" (ABRO YO) but still give us another answer more surprising because only start recording after only a few seconds a resounding voice seems to "warn" their "fellow" .... "will record" (VAN A GRABAR)

EVP chapel:

By the end, we want to share with you the amazing surprise that we get along well in the two recording sessions performed very close to St. George's Parish in San Vicentejo also. The truth is that the first time we put there recorders did while having a rest in our quest Otxate and honestly did not expect to get any significant results, but as you will be able to hear we ... and they were many:

EVP of San Vicentejo I:

Seen the results of the previous day, and return Otxate already decided to put back burners in exactly the same point, but this time with the clear intention to get some "response" and of course that the phenomenon did not disappoint us in evp all:

EVP of San Vicentejo II:

Well friends, we hope you enjoyed this article as much as we did on our visit to San Vicentejo and Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, is a magical place, different and I heartily recommend a visit. Thanks to all as always for letting us share with you all this that we love so much.

As always sorry for my English please. Hugs to all

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds

Features