Login

EMF recorder - yes EMF not EVP - **NEW TECH**

More
20 Jun 2011 12:22 #1 by crystalcross
Just a quick addendum. I found the packaging for the wind screen and the model number for those are Radio Shack part # 33-4006.

Windscreen for Tie-Clip Microphone (4-Pack)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2011 00:30 #2 by crystalcross
Overview:
Its my belief that its possible to not only see EMF signals but also hear them. And as such the queston becomes whether the EMF readings we're seeing on investigations are really the same magnetic fluctuations sometimes heard on old style magnetic tape recordings as EVP's. Towards this end I've devised a way to record magnetic signals along side standard EVP signals on a single stereo EVP recorder.

The Background:

In my recent purchase of an EMF meter off the internet, my curiosity got the best of me. Of course the very first thing I do is pull out the screw driver and take it apart. Once apart I discover that the sensor on the EMF meter unlike my first thought is not something called a Hall Effect transistor (which measures magnetic levels) but rather is a simple iron core with a coil of wires around it. This is called a ferrite coil. The difference being that one (Hall Effect Transistor) measures static or non-changing magnetic fields as well as changing ones. A Ferrite Core on the other hand does not measure magnetism but rather simply the changes in magnetic field. To simplify, let me give you an example. If you take a standard refrigerator magnet and hold it out what it generates is a static non-changing magnetic field. Now on the other hand if you take the same magnet and rapidly shake it back and forth that magnetic field is moving and so constantly changing. That would be whats called magnetic flux. Once I discovered that the next step was to find out what frequency (speed at which the magnet must move) the EMF meter is tuned towards. After a bit of testing I found that it reacts to anything as slow as shaking a magnet back and fourth about 5-8 time per second, to as fast as sound vibrates the air when you hear music. It does not pick up anything much faster than that, say for instance radio frequencies or frequencies from cell phones unless they're very close and very strong.

What this all means is that the EMF meters "listens" and reacts to magnetism at the same frequency as speech and sound. So logically my next question was, if its at the same frequency as sound why can't we see if someone is talking to us.

The Solution:

The next phase was to figure out how to listen to that magnetic flux and record it. The obvious choice was an Voice Recorder but how to pick it up. Well since I've lived roughly as long as the cavemen, I remember from my early days in electronics something called magnetic phone pickup. This was a little suction cup device which you pasted onto the side of your telephone receiver to be able to record the conversation. It worked by picking up the magnetic signals from the little loud speaker inside you telephone headset. The key here is that its picking up magnetic signals at the same frequency as the EMF meter, and at roughly the same levels as the EMF meter. And low and behold these devices even plug into most recorders in the same way that a microphone does. So the next step was to put it all together.

Prerequisits:

Before you can make this work you will need a digital voice recorder with the following features. We recommend the Olympus VN-8100PC, because it has all thats needed at a great price.

1) Digital Voice Recorder.
2) Must have Stero record capabilities.
3) Must have 1/8" Stereo Microphone input.
4) Audiocity software to seperate the channels..

Equipment Needed:

Radio Shack part # 44-533 (Recorder Telphone Pickup) roughly $8.00. (Generally found where they have telephone cables, plugs, and similar)

Radio Shack part # 274-375 (1/8" Stereo Plug to dual 1/8" Mono sockets) roughly $5.00 (Generally found with the adapters, and parts area)

Radio Shack part # 33-3013 (Hands-Free Omni-Directional Electret Microphone) roughly $29.00 (Generally found with the voice recorders)

Radio Shack unknown part - 4 pack of foam wind screens for microphone. Usually directly under where the microphones are sold and roughly $5.00. Well worth the cost.

Project:

Plug the 2-to-1 adapter into the microphone jack of the Voice recorder. Then into one of the jacks plug the Recorder Telephone pickup device. Into the other jack plug the omni-directional microphone. Put a foam windscreen on the microphone. The foam windscreen may take a bit of work to get onto the microphone but its well worth it, especially for outdoor work.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds

Features