Login

Best equipment

More
17 May 2011 15:27 #1 by intuitivegal27
Replied by intuitivegal27 on topic Re: Best equipment
Cool thanks cc :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2011 14:55 #2 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Best equipment
For under $40, you may want to look at this Sony device from Amazon.

Or and Olympus:

More
17 May 2011 14:50 #3 by intuitivegal27
Budget would be under $40. What I want to do is help them to cross over or if they have a msg for their loved ones, I could deliver the msg to them. How I want to do start my investigation is finding out the history of the places that we will be investigating before actually going to that location.

More
17 May 2011 14:31 #4 by crystalcross

intuitivegal27 wrote: I have a little recorder that I could use for my investigations but what other recorders should I use for EVP's?

Before I make any suggestions let me ask you this.

#1 - whats your budget?

#2 - whats your goals, what are you wanting to do and how are you wanting to do it?

More
17 May 2011 14:23 #5 by intuitivegal27
I have a little recorder that I could use for my investigations but what other recorders should I use for EVP's?

More
17 May 2011 14:17 #6 by crystalcross
I would be curious how a old shortwave receiver would do on an investigation. Or by that fact even a VLF receiver.

More
17 May 2011 14:14 #7 by crystalcross

KapuHelapu wrote: most responses from EVP/EXT arefound on old Ultra high UHF receivers, from 990 to 11, 999 mhz

You mean UHF as in TV frequencies. I've often wondered about that, and actually about the "Ghost Box" as well. Both of those types of devices are FM, meaning they're frequency modulated. So what you're hearing are variations in frequency.

May not sound like much but that is actually a very complex scheme for any paranormal entity to emulate. I've often wondered how the EVP's could be coming across any FM modulated frequency. AM, I don't find quite as difficult to grasp. Since thats amplitude modulated, in other words the sound you hear is based on fluctuations in the signals strength. So I could see how an entity trying to talk may cause fluctuations in an EM field at a certain frequency and have that be modulated at the same frequency that the sound was originally, and thus make it audible via AM. Just curious how that would work for FM.

More
17 May 2011 05:19 #8 by xaz
Replied by xaz on topic Re: Best equipment
Zak Bagans partner has a translator soundbox, but will not sell one for less than 200K

More
17 May 2011 05:13 #9 by xaz
Replied by xaz on topic Re: Best equipment
most responses from EVP/EXT arefound on old Ultra high UHF receivers, from 990 to 11, 999 mhz
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
17 May 2011 03:46 #10 by crystalcross

ghostman72 wrote: i haven't found any emf meters in general purpose stores. so i ordered mine from the internet

Sorry, when I said general purpose. I meant general purpose EMF meters, not ones specifically for investigation. And you're correct, the internet is the primary source. There are many in the $20 range.

Time to create page: 6.562 seconds

Features