Login

Videos

Feedback as well as help cleaning up this EVP

More
15 Apr 2012 03:48 - 15 Apr 2012 04:15 #21 by iburyem

becky_ncps wrote: It's ok too disagree it's all good that's what makes this site great we can agree and disagree but I will disagree with you I have used low quality recorders and high I have put it to the test several times and lets say in my line of work occupation it makes no difference I have cought class a evps just as much when I run my live investigation I'll put both too the test then we cal let everyone listen for themselves then we can study together both ways

Actually I never said expert... nor was I splitting hairs.. you mentioned over a couple of posts several different things, and since you were dropping more hints in several responses, such as saying your job , live investigations ect.. I assumed that had to do with your "profession" You are absolutely right, you are under no obligation to divulge your specifics.. It became somewhat apparent that you wanted people to know why your opinion was valid because of your job , i really dont hear others referencing their jobs.. unless it directly involves what they are talking about. I certainly know the top secret agencies like the CIA arent doing EVP sessions lol.

I am by no means and expert.. I can only argue on things I have knowledge with or experience, and would be more than happy to say how I learned what I learned, or what I haven't learned. I do not try to convince anyone of why something is something, i can only tell them why I have my opinion, and I have no qualms on telling them why, I came up to my opinion.. and in no way have said you are wrong.. just this is how I feel and why..

Cheers!
Last edit: 15 Apr 2012 04:15 by iburyem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2012 03:29 #22 by becky_ncps
iburyem first of all i never used the word expert my job title is classified will just say i protect the way you live right now third your the one who puts up 10000 evps a day here for all of us to say yay or nay from what i have seen when someone comments on one of your evps here and might say its nothing there you come right back with all kinds ways to make you sound right so not sure about anyone else but your the one sounds like the expert on evps and the last time i checked there are no experts in this feild and as for the p-sb7 thats a whole nother topic lol now with all that said even though i disagree with you i still respect your thoughts as you do mine have a great night

More
15 Apr 2012 03:10 #23 by iburyem
While I agree with both sides.. this is a fact.. if its garbling up the human voice.. chances are the imprinted one, or the one on the white noise will not be 100% as well, due to either environmental factors or the like.

I see people who say some distorted evps are not worth going through, but they i dont think that is always black and white.. if its distorting their voice and there is lots of noise that was not present in the room, its the recorder quality.

not if the speakers voices are clear and the EVP is garbled.. its a toss in, but if they are interested in what it may or may not say.. great for them.

I can say when I use the P-SB7 I obviously get some static ( using white noise...) and my responses will only be as loud as my speaker, so that is an added factor, which justifies some removal of hum/hiss to sometimes hear what is being said.

That is not the same as a recording which has static from start to finish.

I do however hear them speaking in both versions, and in both versions I don't hear anything but them.

BTW becky_ncps you keep mentioning your "job" and now live investigations, since you opened Pandora's box, i am inclined to ask.. what is it you do to make you a professional at evps?

More
15 Apr 2012 02:04 #24 by ghostman50
crystalcross most of the time i agree with you my friend this time i will disagree also not sure what beck_ncps has made her findings on but i do agree with her for the most part because i have took the same approach as her and honestly it dosent matter i have i do have a cheap brand and a very exspensive one and from what i have found i get the same thing if not better from a lets say a rca from walmart but i do respect your input my friend

More
15 Apr 2012 01:53 #25 by becky_ncps
It's ok too disagree it's all good that's what makes this site great we can agree and disagree but I will disagree with you I have used low quality recorders and high I have put it to the test several times and lets say in my line of work occupation it makes no difference I have cought class a evps just as much when I run my live investigation I'll put both too the test then we cal let everyone listen for themselves then we can study together both ways

More
15 Apr 2012 01:25 #26 by crystalcross
Ghostman,

I would have to disagree. It does matter a great deal what you use. The frequency response of what you use has a great deal of impact on the quality and the detail of the recording. You want to have a recording that has a digital resolution of no less than 192kbps, and is recorded at no less than 41khz.

Also you want to make sure that it has a fair quality microphone with pop removal, or use an external microphone.

The better the quality of the raw recording, the more play you have in trying to clean it up. You can always remove sound, but you can never add it back in. So having the maximum quality of the original recording is utmost important.

You can get great quality without that much of an investigation. The important factor is to take a few minutes to look at the specs before you buy. If you're not sure if what you're looking at is good or not, post it on this site and we'll give you a rundown.

Less than $50 can get you a great setup, including possibly a external microphone.

More
15 Apr 2012 01:19 #27 by crystalcross
I applied a cutoff filter at 250hz to remove the hum at 60hz, and first and second harmonics at 120hz and 240hz. That got rid of the hum from power lines.

Then I applied a very minimal noise reduction filter on what was left to clean up some of the HISS. Finally I increased the volume a bit.

File Attachment:

File Name: canyousayt...issy.mp3
File Size:157 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Apr 2012 00:43 #28 by becky_ncps
I'm with ghostman on this I agree RCA is fine too use I'm not picking anything up either

More
15 Apr 2012 00:36 #29 by ghostman50
Trust me it dosent matter what type of recorder you use the RCA is fine I have used it before with good responses sooner or later you will catch something good just be patient she meens you cut it short before we could hear anything in my honest oppion I don't think you have anything on this recording

More
14 Apr 2012 23:09 #30 by oicu812
Its a RCA VR5320R-A, not my best one. I have a Sony but for some reason it stopped recording up in the attic so i continued with this RCA. Im not quite sure i understand what you mean by clipped short of "sissy". What im hearing is just after the Sissy. LOL im really a noob at this stuff!

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Features