Login

Videos

Karthaus, PA. Bridge EVP

More
27 Dec 2011 21:43 #1 by zeptember
sorry I could not make out anything it was going to fast..will try ans see if I can catch anything again..:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jr244888

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2011 03:23 #2 by crystalcross
As I mentioned before, the primary issue I have with these audio files is the fact that they're clipped. When audio is clipped like that, it makes it almost impossible to determine the nature of the audio because a significant portion of the audio is missing.

From your description I'm gathering that this was an Analog recorder which was then later fed into a computer and digitized? If that's the case, I think that's where the clipping is coming into play. The output volume from the recorder (meant for a external speaker) is much higher than the input volume (meant for a microphone) from the computer. If my guess is correct, then I would suggest re-digitizing it but using the AUX/LINE IN jack on your computer.

Let me give you a graphic example of what I'm talking about. Below find a sample of the audio file you uploaded:

And this is a sample of a standard audio file which does not have clipping.

So, do you notice how the top one is somewhat square? That's a sign that the top portion of the audio was chopped when it reached the maximum volume of the device.

The reason why it makes it impossible to make any determination is because when the audio is clipped like that a simple low to mid-range sound can take on that demonic type of sound. In technical terms its because the higher frequencies are exentuated and the wave becomes square. This is the same type of effect used in guitar distortion boxes, and also to attain some of the special effects you hear in the movies.

So, I would very much like to hear a re-digitized version of the original if this is an analog recording.
Attachments:

More
27 Dec 2011 02:56 #3 by jr244888
does anyone else have some kind of input on this evp? CrystalCross, did u come to a conclusion yet?

More
20 Dec 2011 22:24 #4 by jr244888
oh...and Sasiowl Jewel, you're welcome, thanks for your input as well

More
20 Dec 2011 22:23 #5 by jr244888
hmmmmmmm....I can actually answer your question Crystal, our group is a major work in progress and I'm the only one who really puts any of my own funds into our equipment so far. When we did our first investigation we were using two different tape recorders, and yes they were tape recorders, not digital because I got them for free and didn't have much funding into the equipment yet, The sound you are hearing is actually the humming sound that the internal mechanisms of the recorder makes. If I happened to be using an external mic at the time, which we didn't have either, you actually wouldn't hear it. So you just may be right about the audio being amplified too much.The only problem I see with this hypothesis is that the overwhelming majority of of the members of my group are actually skeptics so they try to rule absolutely everything out that they can through a scientific, realistic standpoint. after reviewing the files we all tried to recreate the file in every way that we could im order to prove it was not a real evp with no success. We went back to the site, stood in different spots different distances away from each other, muffled our voices, changed the tones of our voices, ran the recorder on slow while recording, recorded with both devices at the same time, , recorded over a previously used audio file on a tape even recreated the conversation we were having while taping the segment, and tried a couple other things as well. None of it worked. You seem to have alot of knowledge in the field so I definitely highly respect your take on the subject, and maybe you will have more luck with it than us, I will take your theory back to my teammates and see what they think of it and in the meantime, if you come up with anything more, feel free to let me know, I'm open to all suggestions because we are really at a standstill here, again thanks alot, I hope to hear from you soon

More
20 Dec 2011 17:37 #6 by SasiowlJewell
Okay, just my 2 cents in the pot. To me it sounded like "If they don't hear us then lets just go home." Its a very interesting clip to say the least. Thanks for sharing it. :)

More
20 Dec 2011 16:31 #7 by crystalcross
So here's my take on it. I'm actually a bit torn between two different scenarios. First off, my initial reaction was "Oh wow" and to take the audio file and then try to clean it up, play it backwards, listen for patterns, etc.

But then as I listen to it, a apart of me says that it sounds like something I've heard before. Being an amateur radio operator and also the owner of a small sound studio, I've been around many forms of audio effects.

I'm curious where all the noise came from, was this amplified? The reason I'm saying that is because the voice sounds like a voice that has been amplified to the extent of being very distorted. When this happens you end up with square wave or chopped waves which give you that very mechanical or demonic kind of sound.

So I'm just wondering if this may just be a case of audio which was amplified way too much.

On the other hand, if its not then that still leaves the question of where all that noise is coming from. I'll still keep trying some cleanup.

More
20 Dec 2011 05:16 #8 by jr244888
the majority of my team mates think we hear, "Unless we talk, they're not reaching us now", before the editing, after the editing, everyone still agreed except for one team member who says he hears, "Let's just talk about what she did, that's what I hear now. I Still believe it's the first one, but its all up to the listener

More
20 Dec 2011 04:49 #9 by jr244888
I havn't heard someone say they heard that yet, so thank you, that's the third response we've had ppl tell us they hear, if u listen closely, u can actually hear me talking in the background through the entire recording becauseI heard nothing amd just continued to investigate, this was actually recorded on the device that my fellow team mate Jared was carrying and it was not heard on anyone else's devices, nor did we detect any emf spikes

More
19 Dec 2011 22:24 #10 by Peek-A-Boo
WOW!!!! all I can make out is what sounds like "really home" :unsure:

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Features