Login

Videos

EVP in the barn

More
28 Dec 2012 13:30 #1 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: EVP in the barn
Sorry about the delay. During the week I work and it gets very busy.

Anyway, I use Audacity mostly. I have several other commercial packages but I always seem to come back to Audacity because it just has the best collection of filters on it.

There is no single filter or process for cleanup, that would be just too easy!
Its a variety of different techniques that I use depending on what I'm trying to do.

Usually the first step is to increase the amplification as much as it will allow without clipping. Then I remove noise, but carefully so as not to remove any valid information.

In the case where I wanted to remove the person talking, I simply expanded the wave form, selected the range of the speech and lowered the volume of those areas only. Also I did pick out the frequencies where the speech was an used a Equalizer with a negative attenuation for the vocal frequencies. Ran that through several times to blot out the speech and leave the rest.

Then it was a matter of re-amplifying the remainder and removing noise until we had something viable to work with.

I've been doing sound reinforcement and recording for years. I was in bands for most of my life, and now own a small recording studio also. So that's helped me get some background in the subject.

Best thing I can suggest is practice. And above all try to always keep in mind the integrity of the sound. Never remove and then try to add back in. That gives you artifacts which are not reliable. Always do the opposite, increase and then filter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2012 02:48 #2 by porclndol
Replied by porclndol on topic Re: EVP in the barn
WOW CrystalCross..... That is so much better!! Thank you for all your hard work! The second EVP is pretty awesome, once cleanned up! I am at a loss for words. I heard this happen in real time, through my voice recorder and ear phones....I asked the group who yelled and noone was talking...Plus everyone was fairly close together. This sounds like it came from the back of the barn.

The first evp, where you removed my voice....that is definately saying what I always thought it said. There have been so many EVPS captured up there. This place is NUTS. If you wouldnt mind sharing, which edit program do you use? I just learned how to use Audocity...but I dont know all the tricks yet. I dont re call seeing the option to remove someones voice...thats pretty hot.

Again thank you very much...THAT CLEARED THAT UP... :)~

More
26 Dec 2012 02:26 #3 by crystalcross
Ok, I also took the 2nd EVP. Ran it through a bunch of click removals, removed the lower frequencies from the background noise and brought out the EVP a bit. This is the result.

File Attachment:

File Name: INeed.mp3
File Size:31 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: porclndol

More
26 Dec 2012 01:58 #4 by crystalcross
I did some work on the original EVP and removed your voice and amplified the background EVP. You can clearly hear the male voice.

File Attachment:

File Name: door2a.mp3
File Size:35 KB
Attachments:

More
26 Dec 2012 01:38 #5 by Xaynts
Replied by Xaynts on topic Re: EVP in the barn
What do I click on to hear the barn EVP?

More
18 Dec 2012 03:29 #6 by ghostman50
Replied by ghostman50 on topic Re: EVP in the barn
sounds like a whisper cant make it out

More
02 Dec 2012 14:48 #7 by Lucas
Replied by Lucas on topic Re: EVP in the barn
yeah I hear that... Can't make it out though :/

More
01 Dec 2012 21:51 - 26 Dec 2012 01:59 #8 by porclndol
Thank You Lucas for checking it out... I do have more but I am in the process of down loading them from my voice recorder and isolating them. There is one we CAN NOT make out to save our lives... I should post it here. We go here quite often and have a small collection. Most are undoubtable in whats being said...this one....MEH.... who knows... Please check it out and see what your hearing. To give a little back round on it... My friend and I had five people in the barn this night. Two of which were psychic. We were on our way out of the top floor...and I have a real time voice recorder so i heard something/someone yelling in the backround. Noone in the group was saying a word at the time this was captured. It sorta sounds like its coming from the back of the barn, and we were in the front...You may need ear phones to hear it.... Please if you have any idea whats being said let me know :) I appreciate it!

File Attachment:

File Name: CORNER2.wav
File Size:3,911 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2012 01:59 by crystalcross.

More
01 Dec 2012 20:44 #9 by Lucas
Replied by Lucas on topic Re: EVP in the barn
It's interesting.... I'm hearing the same thing...

More
01 Dec 2012 06:22 #10 by porclndol
Yes, I looped it so when I had my friend listen to it, i didnt have to keep rewinding it ... but yes there is definately a male voice and we are pretty confident in what is being said.. thank you :) What we are hearing is LOOK AT THE DOOR....I OPENNED THAT. it does sorta sound like he starts speaking, looses energy regains it so it sounds like, LOOK AT THE DOOR LOOK AT THE DOOR I OPENNED THAT...

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds

Features