Login

My Colleague's Experience

More
04 Jan 2012 12:18 #1 by melly666
I personally think if you have empathy they are more likely to make themselves known to you. I've never considerd myself a sensitive or have a 'special gift' but have had my fair number of visitations from them in the past. It's the ones who I don't know(that have been scarey at times) when I've asked questions afterwards these spirits when they were 'living' have fitted my descriptions to a T and have often been seen by other people also. I started questioning my sanity a few years a go. I had my mind put to rest a few weeks after when I went to a spiritualist church. She'd finished the messages but then after came to me and said 'you're not going mad,you do see them,they're all around you'. This was all I wanted to hear! I reckon they are drawn towards people who do have empathy and don't want to 'see' them to place themselves on some spiritual pedal stool. If they are around I'd like to be able to help them in some way. My intentions are good. Maybe they feel comforted by people with empathy..this is my guess anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jun 2011 16:53 #2 by Teri_83
lol I have had experiences all my life and while I appreciate it, I have had my why me moments. :P

More
05 Jun 2011 13:37 #3 by undertaker1
Well seeing and talking to spirits is a gift. I am a sensitive and do this but it can be a pain as well sometimes. I think if i wasn't i would be in your shoes of wanting to see them. Investigating may be your best chance to capture something that you want to see, but not always a given of course. I would suggest that you try not to bring things to you by using methods that caan be harmful. I know that the thought of this may be intriguing but just do it safely. Just because you weren't given this ift doesn't mean you can't see or interact through evps and stuff, so try that and se what you get.

More
05 Jun 2011 02:49 #4 by Tonya J
The rest of the subject line would have been: Why is it that people like me want to see spirits, but don't?

I've always believed in the presence of spirits, and yet, I have never felt one near me, and not visually seen a spirit. But a new colleague of mine, while chatting, revealed she grew up in house in New Jersey that had a poltergeist. The house had apparently been built on the site of a Native American/settler war. The ghost would frequently steal their salt shaker and move other objects, finally making her non-believer military father, a believer. She also saw a white shape frequently in the early morning, in the hallway outside her bedroom, thinking it was her father getting ready for work. But when she said "Hello dad", he never answered. Only years later did she realize it was the spirit.

Her other experience was that while on a cruise with her husband, one of her uncles that she was close to died, and came to visit her. He had been quite ill at the end, but when he appeared to her, was wearing one of her favorite suits that he had owned, and looked as she had known him before, free of illness. This woman is a PhD and very down to earth, and very credible.

Most of my life I have wanted to have evidence of my belief in a spiritual hereafter. Why is it that some people are believers but not sensitive enough to experience this? I think I am a very open person, would love to see one of my grandparents on my mother's side. My colleague said she thought it was because she needed to see him. But many of us want to see our loved ones, and it doesn't happen.

I just wanted to hear opinions from others. Is there a way to train yourself to become more open to a visitation or simply seeing spirits from time to time?

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds

Features