Login

Videos

Could I have chased my Pap away?

More
10 Mar 2012 22:14 #1 by terrormom
Thank you. I kinda knew it, but needed to hear it. Pap was feisty, but also stubborn and bull headed (said with love)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2012 22:09 #2 by terrormom
Ahhhh I see :)

Many times when I share this story, I'm told how freaked out someone would be. They just can't seem to understand why I wouldn't be afraid even when I explain that my Pap would have never hurt me living, he would never hurt me now either.

More
10 Mar 2012 22:08 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Just know that our loved ones on the other side are around us in our times of need, always hanging back because ultimately this is our journey that we must complete. Manifesting, even in dreams, takes an incredible amount of energy for them to slow down their vibratory patterns to make them visible to us. I don't think you have scared him away at all. Sounds like he was a feisty character that would take a heck of a lot more than one comment to turn off. You may not be able to see or hear him but always talk to him, even if you don't do it aloud. Thinking about them and talking about them, it is like dropping a pebble in a pond. Those waves will reach them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: terrormom

More
10 Mar 2012 21:54 #4 by Peek-A-Boo
I didn't mean scare you like in fright but scare you into thinking he was the bearer of bad news. :blink:

More
10 Mar 2012 21:26 #5 by terrormom
I never thought Pap would scare me, I was afraid of my Mom passing. I'm still not ready for her to go, but have accepted that its going to happen sooner rather than later. We've been blessed to have the time we have had with her since Nov 2010.

When I heard Pap, I was shocked of course, but it was a relief knowing that he hadn't changed and he was waiting for her. I can see them still making wise cracks at one another to this day. It is very comforting to know that they are still together. Aunt Sal told everyone there that she was finally going to hold Larry (her infant son) and her other son was there with his Dad and my moms parents.

The time besides her good bye that my aunt visited, it was a confirmation that I really needed for something that happened after her death (and a confirmation that something that was said while she was alive was true) I needed her at that time, and she left me know that my conclusion was right. I felt her hands on the back of my chair just as if she were in the room with me. I can't explain how I knew it was her, I just know it was.

Lately, I've been going between expecting to see them at anytime and hoping that they are watching over Mom for when her time comes.

More
10 Mar 2012 21:14 - 10 Mar 2012 21:18 #6 by Peek-A-Boo
Hi Missy :kiss: by posting this thread you made Pap aware of his being wanted, I also believe that just by thinking the thought he was aware as well. In my experience the spirits that have important messages come to you as needed and not without reason in fear of scaring you into thinking they have bad news. Like the saying "no news is good news".
Last edit: 10 Mar 2012 21:18 by Peek-A-Boo.

More
10 Mar 2012 20:59 #7 by terrormom
Hi! My name is Missy, and I have a rather odd question which of course needs the back story which includes 2 (what I believe to be) paranormal happenings.

In Feb of 2002, my husband and I went to H & R block to do our taxes, we always did the rapid refund and it was the first year of the same day refund. While we were there, the check did not print, so we figured (as well as the agent) that we just weren't eligible, and went home. We got home and found out that the check printed right after we left, and since we had plans for it (SHOPPING) we went back to get it, but by then, the bank had closed, so we went home again to cash the check the next day. As we were walking in the door, my Mother was on the phone, an ambulance had been called, but my Pap was gone (we lived in Colorado at the time, our family was in Pennsylvania) I always felt that the reasoning behind that check not printing is because, if we had done what we had planned, I wouldn't have had the money to fly home for the funeral. My youngest son and I flew out the next day, digital cameras and such be darned...

In Feb of 2003, my aunt told everyone she was dieing and went to bed. She had COPD, and lung cancer and had been seeing the son that passed in 1998 in the house for months. She said she wanted to hold the son she lost as an infant and that she was going to a party where we weren't invited. During her last few weeks, she was at home on hospice, with her sons (another, she had 5 sons 3 of which were alive at this time) girlfriend helping take care of her. On the night that I really felt she was going to pass, I was at work (still in Colorado, I had discussed with her that there was no way I could return home, she understood and knew I loved her) ( I worked in a convience store at the time) No one was around, but I heard my Pap say "There goes the neighborhood".

It is important to note that my Pap was my Dad's father, my aunt was my Mom's sister. Both sides of my family had known each other for a long time before I was born and I even have a cousin who is the result of my fathers sister getting with my mothers brother (never married) Pap and Aunt Sal always smarted off to one another, so this was something that my Pap would say while alive.

In November of 2010, my Mom was put on a respirator in a UPMC Hospital in Pittsburgh. It was a scary time and we all stayed at the hospital for days. She luckily pulled through (and is still in end stage COPD with a handfull of other health problems, all chronic) During that time, I was crying and was terrified that I would hear Pap again, and I basically just said, "Pap please shut up, I don't want to know". Now, I would love the heads up, just to prepare myself and I'm afraid I scared him off. There's been a lot of shadows around the house lately (as were there when she was so sick in 2010) but nothing I can just say is Pap or Aunt Sal (and she has visited me in the past, the night she died and at least once since) I am currently living in my home town, not to far from my parents (a few blocks actually)

Thoughts? Or anyway I might be able to make up to a lovable crankster who I can't see?

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Features