Login

Videos

Has anybody heard of the ASSAP organization....

More
24 Jan 2012 07:00 #1 by melly666
No problem. Wish there were more associations like them as there's a growing interest in this field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2012 23:44 #2 by crystalcross
I've actually been trying to get the same sort of thing started here. One of the main purposes of this site is for education and the furtherance of the paranormal field of study.

Rather than trying to get everyone to do it our way, we're trying to work towards having everyone join together to find some common grounds. We're not a non-profit organization but at present we're certainly not making any profit. As a matter of fact we're not even anywhere close to breaking even.

But I think down the road that will all work itself out. Aside from having a strong sense of dedication to making this work, I also have faith in the sum of individuals in this field, and know that as we establish our foothold here others will continue to join the ranks.

If you do end up talking to ASSAP, and get to know some of the members I would very much like to get together with them on discussions of perhaps doing some joint projects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys, Peek-A-Boo, BTV75

More
23 Jan 2012 22:28 #3 by melly666

spookydave wrote: ASSAP are cool :woohoo: and that's not just because I'm from the UK as well. I once stumbled across a group of ASSAP investigators who were doing a vigil on Bluebell Hill in Kent, UK and they let me have a look at the research they had done prior to the investigation. It was very professional and thorough, obviously very dedicated and devoted to the cause.

Hope that helps

Aha!....thank you very much. Now I know they are legit! Yes Bluebell Hill. I grew up in Kent,this was a very common/well known ghost. Once in a while we'd get wind of 'another' person seeing her..... ;)

More
23 Jan 2012 22:24 #4 by spookydave
ASSAP are cool :woohoo: and that's not just because I'm from the UK as well. I once stumbled across a group of ASSAP investigators who were doing a vigil on Bluebell Hill in Kent, UK and they let me have a look at the research they had done prior to the investigation. It was very professional and thorough, obviously very dedicated and devoted to the cause.

Hope that helps

More
22 Jan 2012 18:16 #5 by Peek-A-Boo
seems to be, this is from Wikipedia,

The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena (ASSAP) is a United Kingdom-based education and research charity, and professional body whose mission is to scientifically investigate alleged paranormal and anomalous phenomena.

ASSAP's refusal to accept populist explanations for ghosts and its focus on recording of experience rather than phenomena has garnered cautious praise from skeptics .

The ASSAP was founded on 10 June 1981 by Council members of the Society for Psychical Research who were modernisers [4]; its current president is Lionel Fanthorpe. The previous president was Michael Bentine who had a long term interest in the subject of the paranormal.

Founding members included well known authors Hilary Evans and Jenny Randles as well as Fortean Times editor Bob Rickard, Dr Vernon Harrison and Dr Hugh Pincott (previously secretary and treasurer of the Society for Psychical Research)

As of July 2008, its chairman was Dave Wood.
The following user(s) said Thank You: melly666

More
22 Jan 2012 18:07 #6 by melly666
Just trying to find out if it's legit first as the address is a Postbox number

More
22 Jan 2012 18:03 #7 by Peek-A-Boo

melly666 wrote: I had the link but wasn't sure if I was allowed to put it on the forum.Obviously we can. Thank you.

I hope that was ok :-(. I would suggest that if anyone joins that organization or any other they suggest buying an ad or banner on this site

More
22 Jan 2012 17:55 #8 by melly666
I had the link but wasn't sure if I was allowed to put it on the forum.Obviously we can. Thank you.

More
22 Jan 2012 17:54 #9 by melly666

Beasy wrote: Personally I had never heard of it before your posting here. I will ask around the groups I'm involved with and let you know what they say :)

Thankyou

More
22 Jan 2012 17:22 #10 by Peek-A-Boo
here is the link about the organization Welcome to ASSAP

Time to create page: 1.696 seconds

Features