Login

Videos

Full Moon and the Paranormal

More
09 Jan 2012 04:00 #1 by Tresses Of Nephthys

Steven Matrix wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Welcome January's Wolf Moon. If you feel daring, howl at the moon.

I only do such things when there's alcohol involved. Lol.

LOL see I don't even need the booze to do this. That's why I don't drink much and never do drugs. I'm legitimately afraid of what I would do. I need to keep myself tightly wrapped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 03:50 #2 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Full Moon and the Paranormal

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Welcome January's Wolf Moon. If you feel daring, howl at the moon.

I only do such things when there's alcohol involved. Lol.

More
09 Jan 2012 03:50 #3 by RXRom
If I howl at the moon I'm afraid the neighbors will start throwing their shoes, hairbrushes, canned food, and perhaps furniture at me. LOL Then they may take me to the looney bin. :woohoo:

More
09 Jan 2012 03:40 #4 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Welcome January's Wolf Moon. If you feel daring, howl at the moon.

• Steven Matrix
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jan 2012 03:37 #5 by Steven Matrix
Replied by Steven Matrix on topic Re: Full Moon and the Paranormal

RXRom wrote: Thanks to all of you for your responces. I greatly appreciate it. ;)

I have one thing to add:

More
09 Jan 2012 03:24 #6 by RXRom
Thanks to all of you for your responces. I greatly appreciate it. ;)

More
08 Jan 2012 16:52 #7 by Ghastly Girl
I actually did some research into this for a past case. Apparently there is a 3 day window after a full moon in which paranormal activity is said to be heightened. From what I had read this does not occur before a full moon at all but rather only after.

Of course, this depends on your belief system and what you accept regarding earth vibrations and such but I have found this to correlate interestingly in my work :)

More
08 Jan 2012 12:55 #8 by kirlybab
I believe that a rain storm, preferably and electrical highly active thunderstorm, causes activity to rise. At least, in my experiences. I have found that most of my most active excoounters with anything metaphysical have happened during one. Has something to do with the ionization in the air.

More
08 Jan 2012 07:52 #9 by SensitiveEmpath
I think it may be a combination of two contributing factors. One, as TressesOfNephthys said, it may be that we are more sensitive to the paranormal during the cycle of the full moon and I do believe that it is also a possibility that spirits are indeed more active during this cycle as well.

It's no secret that the full moon has a profound effect on not just the ocean's tides, but on people as well. It's a well known fact that law enforcement officers dread the cycle of the full moon because of the effect it has on the public in general. Have you ever noticed that people tend to get a little weird during a full moon? They tend to be more uptight, hostile and aggressive, or they go the other way and become more sensitive, sentimental and emotional, all depending on the personality of the individual. For a woman, most will find that their PMS will be even more intense if it occurs during the cycle of the full moon. The moons gravitational pull effects the tides and everything living so in my mind it also stands to reason that it likely would also have a direct effect on spirits as well.

As for your dogs and why they didn't react to the apparitions you sensed, one explanation may be that they sensed no danger to you or themselves. Animals are well known to be highly sensitive to the paranormal. I personally believe that a lot of the reason for this is that animals, unlike humans are not told from a young age, "There's no such thing as ghosts" therefore their minds remain open to the paranormal where as children, most humans are conditioned from an early age to close our minds to such possibilities. Point is, not only can animals readily sense and often times visually see paranormal entities, but they can also sense an apparition's intentions for either good or evil. Your dogs sensed no danger, therefore they didn't react. I'm betting that you also sensed no threat or danger from these spirits, otherwise I imagine your post to this thread would have been quite different. Trust your instincts and the instincts of your pets when it comes to spirits. If the hair on the back of your neck raises up and you get an unexplainable sense that there is something malicious or dangerous in your presence, don't ever ignore that feeling, trust your instincts, they were developed through the process of evolution over thousands of years for a reason, to keep you safe.

Hope this helped. ;)

More
08 Jan 2012 04:56 #10 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Pagans do believe that some spirits tend to linger during the Full or Dark moons. For me, I think (especially for females who's menstrual cycles are attached to the moon) that we just happen to be more sensitive around these times so we may notice them more.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds

Features