Login

Videos

Media Opening Portals?

More
24 Oct 2011 01:47 #1 by LadyJ2011
everything can create portals and allow spirits the way to go in between. iti is simply a way for them to follow electrical impulses. kind of like following ley lines and / or lengths of energy that are created and they take advantage of those routes.

Sometimes spirits find things interesting and follow energies where ever they are to be found. and everything has energy ..great or small amounts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2011 23:40 #2 by crystalcross
Well, personally I would have to say that I do not think that watching a TV show, listening to an EVP, or thinking about the Paranormal is going to do anything or cause anything to be done to you in and of itself. But that being said, can it effect you, of course it can. Its the same old thing you hear every few years where the exposure predicates the action.

My take on it is, if you're worried about it best stay away from it. The fear or phobia of being susceptible to the paranormal could in itself cause weakness which some entities could exploit. The only thing that watching too much paranormal on TV could cause is an obsession which can eventually lead to exposure to something that could have negative effects on you.

Now as to the second half of this, do you have to believe in something for it to hurt you. No, I don't think that is a requirement. As a matter of fact I know several people who did not believe in the paranormal or anything dealing with paranormal who were forced to believe in it because it started happening to them. The first time you feel something cold staring over your shoulder you'll quickly become a believer. :)

More
23 Oct 2011 21:25 #3 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Hmm well, I've never heard this before, but two show biz cliches come to mind. The person who sits and watches a scary movie, sees parallels within their life and starts to believe the next door neighbor is a vampire (etc.) and "Kids, don't try this at home."

Do I think just watching ghost shows is going to open a portal. Heck no. Do I think that a person that watches these might start to regard random bumps in the night as something other than the heat coming on? Sure. I also think that maybe there's a tendency for people to think that paranormal investigation is a fun thing and they should do it too. As my hubby says, "hold your ponies." Too many people out there think they are the Dog the Bounty Hunter of the paranormal world. Not really a cop but I play one on TV. :P

More
23 Oct 2011 21:08 #4 by autotransgirl
That is interesting.....regarding opening the mind to the possibilities.

I must say that I am absolutely obsessed with ALL of the many paranormal shows currently on TV and I have not had anything paranormal go on my life. That's just me though...... :)

More
23 Oct 2011 20:46 #5 by everex5
Many people feel that exposing yourself to the supernatural opens a door that many do not understand. While others feel this is not true. Some say that you can ignore the supernatural and because you refuse to accept it exists, it simply has no effect on you. Others feel it can not be ignored. On this note, I read recently that a strange wave of paranormal activities have been following people who watch movies based on the paranormal. Apparently it is thought that by watching these movies (even the series/shows on TV) that you are opening your mind to the supernatural and it allows those forces to be present in your home/life. This is the same regardless of age/location. Of course many feel its simply the mind playing tricks after watching a movie/program but other firmly believe it is not simply your mind enjoying free range of the evening. Do you think these shows/programs are creating portals for the supernatural? Is it causing more and more problems because of the lack of understanding/preparation from the people who are unaware of this possibility? What do you think?

As always... Keep it civil. Anyone who abuses another member will be held accountable.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Features