Login

Videos

Dimensions.

• Grupo Alpha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Oct 2011 15:39 #21 by Grupo Alpha
Replied by Grupo Alpha on topic Re: Dimensions.
I share here an article published some time about the question raised by our partner:

Greetings friends:

I want to talk about a subject that was very young, I have created a real fascination. To think in parallel dimensions is sure to be left more than one with mouth open thinking, inquiring what and how might these places ... This subject has been extensively in movies and science fiction novels, but remember that science fiction today is science tomorrow, and also drink many works directly from actual studies on which this work is either film or story.
For example, comes to mind eighties film of Backaroo Banzai, in which a scientist discovers how to rock through those doors dimensional aboard his modified Ford .... Or perhaps more known, as is based on one of the most widespread urban legends about the phenomenology, the Philadelphia experiment (Stewart Raffill 1984) Yes, I know many believe that really happened, but it was not, although history is the main factor interdimensional travel .. .. A question undoubtedly fascinating to us all.

Advance notice that I am a physicist, not a scholar in the sciences, I will explain this in colloquial language, street, so we can all understand. I apologize if there are some small inaccuracies in any fact or figure, try to stick to what we know conclusively.

PARALLEL DIMENSIONS

I show this cube is a clear representation of what would be a multidimensional field, a distinction that is different from a parallel dimension to a parallel universe, we shall see the difference. In this cube, we see formed by several concentric cubes, it represents our understanding of physics and space-time with a central hub, which as we all know consists of three basic dimensions, ie height, width and length. The fourth dimension would be the time. Therefore, we imagine a point that is printed on one side of the cube, and we are just around the corner to bottom right, and we want to go to the corner opposite. To them we should move around the face or faces of the cube or by their edges (basic lines of the three dimensions of the cube) or its diagonal, which is basically an extension of these 3D. To do this operation, we need a certain time, this would be the fourth dimension known.
Well, now suppose that, as a humble opinion that we can not see beyond these three dimensions, we can not look out of the bucket, but as you see in the picture there are other blocks separated by a gap, impassable for a poor point, but there it is, and within that extra dimension, there is another world of addresses that can take the point .... Imagine that discovers the way to move from one cube to another. We already have our first ... Dimenauta??

A very good reference on this subject is Flatland, the story of a two-dimensional world inhabited by geometric forms in which its people perceive each other somo whom is drawn on a sheet of paper. The circle walks perfectly happy with his curve and greets the hexagon box waiting for the bus. One day, walking Triangle quiet one edge of the sheet, when an orange through his world. What for us is perceived as an orange, and see it as a sphere, for Flatland Triangle, the meeting was to appear as a point of nothingness in space, and it grew bigger and bigger until it became in a small circle that grew to become so inordinately great that Triangle could pass into it. But at the same time it reached its greatest width, began to wane until converted back to a point, and finally disappear. For Triangle that encounter with the orange was his first paranormal experience, for all the world and I knew there were these two dimensions ...

So it is clear that if they are, we will not be able to see with our own eyes, so we have to investigate and deduce whether they are really there. That takes care, as well as rebound, modern quantum physics, which has opened an important range of possibilities, and new theories such as superstring theory, are directly based on the existence of these extra dimensions, 11, to be exact for its correct resolution in the equation. Not to put these extra dimensions, these equations do not give correct results, or rather are wrong, very wrong. But putting those extra dimensions ... eh voila! there is an outcome that unifies the four fundamental forces of the universe, gravity, electromagnetism, the strong force, at the universe and the weak force, at the atomic level. Einstein's dream fulfilled. The theory of elementary particles is a dream for lovers of the extra dimensions, because there is an intuition, or approach the assumption that there may be, is that directly based on this idea for its operation. And these are not scientific studies crackpots, we are talking about modern quantum physics, which have invested billions of euros in research, such as the LHC, or Large Haadron Colider, which is trying to recreate the moments that followed the Big Bang and thus able to detect those elementary particles which have been called Higgs boson, better known as a particle of God.

We now know that this theory has everything to be valid, not only by the level of effort invested in it, but by the behavior of some particles at the sub-atomic quantum behave, ie wandering behavior and outside of normal physics. These disappear to appear in another place, or be in two places at once, this could only be explained by quantum mechanics as normal physics tells us that the same matter can not occupy the same space at the same time.

PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Our universe, as we know it is a vast event, so large that if we stop to think, to imagine ... We are overwhelmed by the idea, almost to stun. There is still much debate about how the universe, Einstein said he could have three possible forms: spherical, flat and shaped saddle.

In all three cases we see that the universe ultimately is not infinite if not the opposite, is finite. What is infinite is space. If you departed for the base of the universe is spherical, put the example. this size would have a total of 13,500 million light years, I think they are about 129600000000000000000 Kms if I fail the view with many zeros on the calculator. A reasonable distance, taking into account that we measure in kilometers. you have ever wondered, what about the end of the universe? Nothing. and when I say nothing, is nothing. No galaxies, no stars. There is no dark matter or ordinary matter. There is nothing, not even light. even the dark of space. He speculates that vision and it is believed that the end would look like a purple haze, which is the expanding Big Bang itself and then all green.
But what would happen if we were moving more and more. So much so that if you look back, we would see our universe as an explosive ball violet tones. And we move more and more and lose sight of our universe .....¿ What are the chances of finding another? According to mathematics and probability, which has happened once, it is sure to happen a second. and if it happens a second, because you know the equation as follows ..... According to this universal law, if there is a universe from a Big Bang in space, is more than likely be others. Besides other things also ensures also incredible as it may be possible if there is a universe with an orange sun and a rocky planet inhabited by a being named Phoenix, is almost certain that there is another equally, or many. Maybe I'm a truck driver, perhaps in another died in the motorcycle accident three years ago .... And scientists say the closest parallel universe could be a Google's Google Google Kms Although each one followed by one hundred zeros.

If the universe had a flat shape, scientists support the idea of membranes placed at a distance from each other, that undulate and swing at a time. Each membrane would be a universe with their corresponding dimensions. He speculates that the Big Bang could arise from the clash between two of these membranes that adds bulk to the creation by a huge explosion. Similarly, it is believed they may have wormholes that some universes can connect with others, as the trip if not impossible, but I think this is pure speculation ...
Each universe has its own physical laws, and their own dimensions. Each universe in turn, can contain several dimensions that are interconnected or not necessarily. Indeed, there are several types of parallel universes, with different characteristics and they are all likely at least in theory.

According to the quantum universe before us, it is likely that every act, every decision, every gesture we make, is continued or altered in a parallel dimension. This would mean that if for example I'll walk down the street and I see a box of fruit falls to the ground before me, in this dimension I eluded the box and step length. At the moment I decided to do that has created a new dimension, but in which I was originally, so I do my quick reflexes has trampled all merchandise ... In another dimension, for example, has dropped the box, and in another there is a fruit, if not a shoe store. This gives us an infinite number of dimensions that interact and mingle in our own universe...

Michio Kaku

I'll make a review to finish the post dedicated to this great communicator, who has brought the quantum physics to ordinary people with everyday language, a love and passion that few theories that have revolutionized the world as we know it. It is of American origin, but his parents were original from Japan. I make a brief biography and I recommend everyone to read one of his books or watch one of the many documentaries coming out, you can look for putting your name on any search engine.

Dr. Michio Kaku is an internationally recognized authority in the field of theoretical physics and also in the environment. Professor Henry Semat ranks of Theoretical Physics at City College and Graduate Center of City University of New York. Their goal is to help complete Einstein's dream of the `theory of everything ', a single equation, perhaps no more than three inches long, which unifies all the fundamental forces of the universe.

He has lectured throughout the world and his books are required reading in many of the major physics laboratories. He has written 9 books, the last two, `` and `hyper` Visions became international bestsellers and have been widely translated in different languages.
Dr. Kaku graduated from Harvard in 1968 (summa cum laude) and was the first in his physics class. He received his Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley Radiation Laboratory in 1972. He was a lecturer at Princeton University in 1973. Then joined the faculty of City University of New York, where he was professor of theoretical physics for 25 years. He has been visiting professor at the Institute for Advanced Study at Princeton, and also at the University of New York.

He has published over 70 papers in physics in several scientific journals, among which is the theory of super-strings, supergravity, supersymmetry and the physics of hadrons. He is co-founder of string field theory. It was also the author of the first article about the conformal supergravity and the breakdown of supersymmetry at high temperatures.

Well friends, I hope you liked the subject, I find fascinating, left arm would be able to do this amazing journey to the ends of the universe, who knows what awaits us in the future. As an aside, I would add that this parallel dimension opens many doors for paranormal phenomenology, such as apparitions, goblins, strange beings, or the same contributions, as well as a likely explanation for many so-called ooparts so fashionable lately. Finally, the debate is, although there is much to discuss, as this is pure science and rational, they may think that it never hurts.

Thank you very much everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2011 11:08 - 02 Nov 2011 11:06 #22 by Keith
Replied by Keith on topic Re: Dimensions.
-
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:06 by Keith.

More
19 Oct 2011 05:17 #23 by LadyJ2011
Replied by LadyJ2011 on topic Re: Dimensions.
I agree Keith. There is a definate "craze" going on with " Ghost Hunting" and as all of these things do ..it will settle down eventually. We, as a human race have been doing this same activity for YEARS but now have the equipment to make a difference., in years to come and hopefully by then we will all have had a chance to take a page out of the notebook of life and remember where we came from, where we are going next and what we learned in the middle. Dimensions can be 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5th. Think of it this way ..if it is possible, we will find it, if it is attainable we will get it ..we, as a human race are DRIVEN to EXCEED in almost every way. with that said it leads me to my most favorite saying...if we are so arogant that we think that we are the only thinking beings here on this planet and beyound, well..let's just say that it is an awful waste of good space!
Just a thought.

Janna

More
19 Oct 2011 02:30 - 02 Nov 2011 11:06 #24 by Keith
-
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:06 by Keith.

More
18 Oct 2011 16:15 #25 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Dimensions.
Ahh you know, when I said "scientist" I knew when I wrote it that it wasn't quite accurate to what I was thinking and I don't like that :) I think not all scientists are inventors but all inventors are some combination of scientist and artist. The identification of dimensions is not going to come from someone cranking away at calculus all day but from someone who will be able to envision first and build the math behind it.

The ability to see forward in time or backward to a place where we haven't been could be a product of time-space or maybe its a "fifth" dimension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith, LadyFlash

More
18 Oct 2011 12:40 - 02 Nov 2011 11:00 #26 by Keith
-
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 11:00 by Keith.

More
18 Oct 2011 12:36 - 02 Nov 2011 10:59 #27 by Keith
-
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 10:59 by Keith.

More
18 Oct 2011 12:27 #28 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Dimensions.

Keith wrote: Yes I know my opinion is a bit caustic at times but I believe if all we do is look at the facts, we stagnate.

Not caustic in the least! Free thinking minds are at the heart of all discovery. A trait seems to have fallen by the wayside in the world of science in favor of logic and organization.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith

More
18 Oct 2011 12:17 - 02 Nov 2011 10:59 #29 by Keith
-
Last edit: 02 Nov 2011 10:59 by Keith.

More
18 Oct 2011 01:59 #30 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Replied by Tresses Of Nephthys on topic Re: Dimensions.
Not saying wavelength is a dimension, just a comparison of things that we can't see but still exist around us all the time.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds

Features