Login

Videos

Reason I don’t like most Digital Evidence

More
27 Sep 2011 00:06 #41 by zeptember
good to know I also never heard of Ghosting, hehe new word, I also have a digital camera Kodak 12x ls . not sure if that is a good one but I want to start taking pics when I go there also * cemetery* but I also know to expect nothing, I guess the best evidence is when I hear them whisper and see them haha, but your advice I like thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2011 00:06 #42 by Amanda_O

tyrstag wrote:

Amanda_O wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Oh this bottle of rum in your cabinet is haunted by the ghost of Captain Morgan himself. You see, his ghostly image is right here on the label. I'm going to have to take it and put it in my museum as well.

So THATS why I am being haunted by a three headed parrot that wears lipstick........

No, that was a Jimmy Buffet concert. ;)

AHHHH parrot heads...my mistake.

More
26 Sep 2011 23:53 #43 by mistressmyra
You CAN reuse tapes. But just be aware that the older they get, there's more risk of "Ghosting". I'm talking dozens of times, not once or twice.

More
26 Sep 2011 23:44 #44 by zeptember
interesting, and thank you, I'll make sure to take all new tapes and not use the old ones over again:)

More
26 Sep 2011 23:37 #45 by mistressmyra

Angelina_Rose1 wrote: I don't think I would bring stuff home either, that's all I need is the dead nuts running around my home, I like to use old recorders like the one I have is a COBY cassette recorder, when I went to the cemetery to see my ma I asked a few questions it was day they close at night, and all I got was knocking sounds, had to turn it off at times there next to the Burbank airport, but the knocking was kind of creepy, no voices but I think that a recorder old fashion works just fine than digital but then that is me. I want to go again soon and when I do I usually leave the recorder there recording and I go walking around the cemetery, when I do I will see if I can download it it being a old recorder and all..:unsure:

If you're going to use an analog tape recorder, just make sure you change the tapes regularly. Old tapes MAY not completely erase and what may sound like an EVP could be an old recording that wasn't completely erased. Kind of like a double exposure on a film camera.

Interestingly, the technical term for hearing an old recording under a new recording is called "Ghosting". ;)

More
26 Sep 2011 23:33 #46 by mistressmyra

Amanda_O wrote:

TressesOfNephthys wrote: Oh this bottle of rum in your cabinet is haunted by the ghost of Captain Morgan himself. You see, his ghostly image is right here on the label. I'm going to have to take it and put it in my museum as well.

So THATS why I am being haunted by a three headed parrot that wears lipstick........

No, that was a Jimmy Buffet concert. ;)

More
26 Sep 2011 23:24 #47 by zeptember
I don't think I would bring stuff home either, that's all I need is the dead nuts running around my home, I like to use old recorders like the one I have is a COBY cassette recorder, when I went to the cemetery to see my ma I asked a few questions it was day they close at night, and all I got was knocking sounds, had to turn it off at times there next to the Burbank airport, but the knocking was kind of creepy, no voices but I think that a recorder old fashion works just fine than digital but then that is me. I want to go again soon and when I do I usually leave the recorder there recording and I go walking around the cemetery, when I do I will see if I can download it it being a old recorder and all..:unsure:

More
26 Sep 2011 23:06 #48 by Amanda_O

More
26 Sep 2011 20:40 #49 by mistressmyra
Well, maybe it is creative editing, because I think the whole team tends to jump to conclusions, either way too fast or makes a broad statement that something is haunted with the absolute flimsiest evidence.

Most stuff they call evidence, I would throw out.

More
26 Sep 2011 13:08 #50 by zookeeper
All i can figure is the show is a victim of bad editing, and any explanation of what really happens to the items was edited out. At a seminar he mentioned his museum is protected by many protection spells, but he didn't elaborate.

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Features