Login

Videos

Strange Occurances

More
22 Jul 2011 19:10 #1 by shysterlynn
Replied by shysterlynn on topic Re: Strange Occurances
thank you so much for your help!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2011 19:57 #2 by LeslieAValentin
Hey Sweetie,

Just read your original post. With that said, I understand what it is like to live in an apartment / apartment complex. Strange and new sounds from time to time.

With that said, try some physical tests first. Keep in mind that apartment structures, regardless of the rent being paid are slapped up relatively quickly so as to turn a profit.

Check the seals around your doors and windows. Even the slighest of drafts or breezes can cause tapping sounds to these areas.

Do you have bushes, shrubs or trees near your building or doorway? Again, the slightest of breezes can cause sounds.

Look at the outside of your apartment. Do you have anything sitting outside that can be moved with wind, etc. This includes grill covers, lawn chairs, wall / door hangings, even a door knocker if it is loose.

Because you live in an apartment complex you cannot do background histories of deaths that occurred on premises. Records on file are not the same as if you lived in a single family home where you could research the plot #, etc.

Also, look around for signs of rodent activity on the outside of your building. Even little animals can find ways to make knocking and tapping sounds.

If all of the above have been ruled out, then consider the possibility of paranormal activity. Things you can do:

Go to a local library to their geneaolgy section. They will have maps, and other documents of the area before homes / apartments / stores etc were built. Who possibly use to live in the area or on the property where you live before it was built to what it is now. This is not a find out the answer in 10 minutes. This will take some time and carefully going through old newspapers, documents, maps, microfiche, etc.

Document thedates and times and locations you are hearing these sounds. Is it repetitive at a certain time or is it spontaneous. Take note of the activity going on outside your apartment when it occus. What is the weather doing? All these things factor in.

Do you have a camcorder or other filming / sound recording device. Film the areas being affected. Ask questions. If you are not big on technology with a computer, you can always download Audacity for free and run the sound recordings through there for possible EVP pick ups.

Are you feeling it is a negative energy doing this? Are you being harmed or is it just a nuisance?

Just some thoughts.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tresses Of Nephthys

More
21 Jul 2011 15:17 #3 by shysterlynn
my room mate did do the smudging but she is always hearing stuff totally weird and I myself sometimes sense something here ,now maybe the first encounter has nothing to do with what I am feeling ..

More
21 Jul 2011 14:29 #4 by shysterlynn
TY cc and ya know no these other ppl who it has happened too live across the street from me in the other complex and neither of them live above or below each other ..

More
21 Jul 2011 04:03 #5 by shanwvr88
Replied by shanwvr88 on topic Re: Strange Occurances
Wow, i'm really sorry that you're having this happen. I tend to agree with tresses and cc. Definitely at least cover that base and i've seen walmarts carry wireless security cameras. I think that would also be a great idea so either way, you'll have proof of who or what it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shysterlynn

More
21 Jul 2011 00:35 #6 by shysterlynn
I am more worried it is someone in the community or tied to it not paranormal ... and yes I know for a fact it was a knocking at my door and not a wall ... and my other close friends live in seperate townhome ... all I can say it is very strange

More
18 Jul 2011 23:00 #7 by undertaker1
Replied by undertaker1 on topic Re: Strange Occurances
Rather this is or isn't paranormal a camera never hurts. It can capture living or non living so you can see what it is doing this to you.

More
18 Jul 2011 18:08 #8 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: Strange Occurances
Here's my take on it. (for what its worth)

I think Tresses is correct, it can't hurt to be pre-emptive and do something that's relatively easy to do and has no adverse effect (other than perhaps your neighbors looking at you kinda strange). What you're dealing with may or may not be paranormal, but it can't hurt to treat for that and at least cover one base.

There are a number of things which can cause this. For off from your explanation I don't see that you're completely certain that its a knocking on the door or just something that sounds like knocking. You mention its been happening to a close group of individuals there. When you say close do you mean physically close as in living adjacently, on top or below each other? Or is it 4 individuals that know each other but do not really live in such a proximity that they could be hearing the same sound at the same time?

If it was me and if it had reached a point at which its bothering me, I would either purchase a cheap surveillance system from Harbor Freight or online and set up a few cameras. Most of those systems can record a weeks worth of video with no issue at all. Or contact your apartment manager and ask them to provide such a system for your security. You may even want to offer to help pay for part of it or work together with neighbors to provide such a system.

This would eliminate the possibility of issues with living pranksters or kids. Also it would provide a level of protection and deterrence.

That having been said, it can also be a neighbor knocking on the walls, or a headboard banging against the wall (I don't think I need to explain more about this, we all know where that's going). Or perhaps a pipe in the wall which is shaking and knocking against the walls. If the individuals hearing the sound are along a "wet-wall" and are above/below each other that would lead towards a piping issue.

If you're concerned with a possible break-in, I would deal with that issue first before assuming something paranormal. Personal safety trumps any other concern.

More
18 Jul 2011 17:51 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well, I mean, if you keep going to the door and nothing is there, either what you're hearing isn't coming from the door (understandable, this happens to me all the time!) or its paranormal. Being preemptive can't hurt, and if it still bothers you, think about maybe installing a camera at your front door if that's possible.

More
18 Jul 2011 17:40 #10 by shysterlynn
So your thinking it is more paranormal then someone doing it ?

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Features