Login

Videos

animal spirits

More
17 Apr 2012 01:03 #1 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: animal spirits
Vic,

So glad to have you on board. I've been hoping we would get some representation. Not to sound like the opening line for a bad joke, but I would love to get the input from a Minister, a Priest, and a Rabbi. And also a Monk, an Imam, and a Shaman. This is the perfect topic that can bring everyone together.

Glad you chimed in!

CC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2012 02:46 #2 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Correct me if I'm wrong--St. Francis of Assisi blessed animals. If they didn't have souls, would that matter?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peek-A-Boo, DestinyStarr

More
16 Apr 2012 02:39 #3 by packerfanvic
Replied by packerfanvic on topic Re: animal spirits
Since Christianity and religion were brought up... Mark 16:15 tells is to "preach the Gospel to every living creature". In order to do as instructed, as a Christian I must conclude that animals have at least a spirit or soul. As a minister it is almost impossible to get people to understand this concept. Animals do communicate with us in many ways and I do believe they can attach to us spiritualy as we to them.

More
15 Apr 2012 23:35 #4 by kitty
Replied by kitty on topic Re: animal spirits
i definitely believe in animal spirits. i have felt a cat rub against my leg and nussle my hand when i'm on the computer. i have experienced soft push of a cat's head against my body in a way that was only done by walter, who was 16yrs when he passed 11 yrs ago. my cat isabel, plays with her animal sprit friends. i have lost 3 cats and 1 dog over the last 12 years since i moved to my new home in new orleans. i haven't sensed my dog's spirit but my 3 cats are here with me in my home.

More
15 Apr 2012 23:31 #5 by Herald_Angel520
Replied by Herald_Angel520 on topic Re: animal spirits
I wish I could see my deceased dog! She's been gone 3 yrs. We were very closely bonded since I raised from 4 months old to 17 yrs. old. It's only been since about this past Christmas that I finally quit waking up expecting her to be asleep at the foot of my bed. A couple of times I thought I heard her claws on the hardwood floor, and possibly a whimper that sounded a bit like her, but nothing definitive. I don't understand why, if spirits are real, then why do only some people get to experience it?

More
15 Apr 2012 22:32 #6 by Tresses Of Nephthys
Well, I don't think they only have spirits because they are joined to us. We see them because they are joined to us. I personally believe the other side is malleable, and we see and experience what we want to experience. When I die, I would love to have my cats with me. I certainly don't want any bears. Bears and other wild things, I believe, have their own slice of heaven. Bear heaven, if you will.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crystalcross

More
15 Apr 2012 22:26 #7 by crystalcross
Replied by crystalcross on topic Re: animal spirits
So, the subject of Animal Spirits creeps into the forums from time to time. And there are always a wealth of individuals who believe that animals can have spirits. I'm one of them.

But as I read on through the threads a thought pondered its way into my head. Probably just a momentary laps of reason, but I'll toss it out there anyway just for contemplation.

So what if animal spirits are not spirits per say as humans are. But rather are an extension of our own spirits. The question is often brought up about what happens to the bear in the woods, or the squirrel, or creations which have had little to no human interaction. Where do they go. Animals in the wild are mostly instinctual, its not until we humans imprint our emotions onto them, and "domesticate" them that they start gaining a real "personality".

So that's why I'm wondering if perhaps they pull some energy from our "spirit" and in a sense become a bit of an extension of us. Unique, yet still joined.

Just a thought...

More
15 Apr 2012 22:11 #8 by LilaDelia1974
Replied by LilaDelia1974 on topic Re: animal spirits
Lol yes my other cats do that to. But also if they see a ball of light. I See that also. But my mom do not understand it!

More
15 Apr 2012 22:06 #9 by Tresses Of Nephthys
I had a cat that disappeared from my parents' house years back. He was sick and disappeared over the weekend before they had a chance to take him to the vet on that Monday. We weren't sure if he had gotten picked up by someone, since there was no sign of him. A few months later, I had a dream I went in my room and he was laying on my bed sleeping. He woke up and looked at me. I had the sense he was telling me he was ok. I knew for sure at that point he had died but knowing he'd crossed over was a relief.

I have also seen a ghost cat in my current home. My cats occasionally see it as well. I know because they literally will be fighting with air. It would probably freak a lot of people out to see that, but for me its kinda funny.

More
15 Apr 2012 21:58 #10 by LilaDelia1974
Replied by LilaDelia1974 on topic Re: animal spirits
I do believe animals have souls. I regularly see my deceased animals. That's my dog Spike and Rabbit Thoron that I a year ago most put to sleep. But I also see many other animals. I also believe in Totem Animals just as spiritual guides help you. The best experience I've had was when a few years ago a 13 year old rabbit died in my arms. I accompanied him and I saw a white mist come from the body. It turned 3 times around me. And then it disappeared very slowly. What I felt was peace and love.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds

Features